Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

BigTxEars

I lived I San Antonio. And about the only good thing I can say about Texas is Austin is cool.

Austin is nice, a little weird but nice. San Antonio is nice as well for a large city, I am not a fan of any large city, anywhere. I live in a city of 4300 people, just my size :)

Texas overall is wonderful IMO. Good government and laws, good business, no state income tax, great food, good people, great variety of things to do, awesome history, beautiful women (and I'm sure the guys are cowboy handsome!) and it's Bluebonnet season as well right now! :) The weather can be pretty aggressive but other than that I would not change much!

draybook

I will say that although we left California when I was 14, I was lucky enough to see many places from San Diego all the way up to San Fransisco. We also took a week long camping trip to Oregon with some family friends, so I also passed through the entire northern half.

danpam1024

Great news for USH and its fans. I can't wait for the next few years.

In regards to Disneyland's 60th, I'm not expecting a lot. Competition between the DLR and USH doesn't seem to exist, given the fact that Disney encourages people to visit USH on DL's website.
that really surprised me- when you book a DL vacation on the DL site you have the option to purchase tickets to other area attractions, SW, UNI, Knottsberry, etc. Pretty cool.

sponono88

Original Poster
According to the NYTimes article, Hollywood's Springfield will be bigger than the one that exists in Orlando. I heard some of the buildings will be multi-level -- I guess that is how they will make up for the limited room they have in the Upper Lot. Here's a look at the concept art that was released this week:

Construction at USH is already underway:

IMG_4094-2.jpg

IMG_4092-2.jpg

source: http://micechat.com/62966-universal-studios-hollywood-harry-potter-project/

BigTxEars

I'm wicked excited for Springfield. I've felt so left out with my FL friends getting to enjoy Krusty Burger, Moe's, and Duff Gardens often. This should tie me over until I move back to FL next summer. :cool: Can't wait for Fast & Furious and nighttime Studio Tours too!

We had two of those big butt donuts from the Orlando one for Breakfast one day :)

JT3000

According to the NYTimes article, Hollywood's Springfield will be bigger than the one that exists in Orlando. I heard some of the buildings will be multi-level -- I guess that is how they will make up for the limited room they have in the Upper Lot. Here's a look at the concept art that was released this week:

Well that's... large. I must admit, I'm feeling a bit short-changed here. Where are they even going to fit all that?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I just wanna know what stores and restaurants they'll have that we don't.
Also, I'm jealous of how DEEP their area is looking to be. It has a lot of "distant" icons that Orlando is lacking, all of which would look super nice behind that hideous park gate between the Simpsons Ride and Kwik-E Mart.

danpam1024

I just wanna know what stores and restaurants they'll have that we don't.
Also, I'm jealous of how DEEP their area is looking to be. It has a lot of "distant" icons that Orlando is lacking, all of which would look super nice behind that hideous park gate between the Simpsons Ride and Kwik-E Mart.
maybe in FL they're building out- and when they're finished, they'll build UP! :D One can dream:joyfull:. I Would LOVE to see the nuclear power plant complete with smoking stacks and the iconic "Springfield" sign. If they enclosed the entire land under the EPA Dome and cranked some A/C- I would NEVER leave- I could live off duff dry and big pinks!

Californian Elitist

This hasn't been updated in forever.

The food court area (right across from the future Springfield and WWoHP) has now been under construction since the beginning of September. This includes Louie's, Ben & Jerry's, the Flintstones BBQ, and the snack area that sold hot dogs, Italian ice and popcorn. Everything in this area is behind walls. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product, as I believe it will be part of Springfield.

IMG_0104-610x381.jpg

IMG_0107-610x381.jpg

Speaking of Springfield, it is coming along and is still scheduled to open next year.

IMG_01101-610x381.jpg

IMG_0109-610x381.jpg

IMG_0111-610x381.jpg

The Fast and Furious: Supercharged show building is now completely covered.

IMG_0008-610x381.jpg

IMG_0179-610x381.jpg

Looks like they're adding in some cars:

IMG_0176-610x381.jpg

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is coming along.

IMG_0100-610x381.jpg

IMG_0133-610x381.jpg

IMG_00841-610x381.jpg

IMG_0143-610x381.jpg

A little bit of snow...

IMG_0092-610x381.jpg

http://micechat.com/87283-universal-studios-hollywood-15/

Californian Elitist

Speaking of Universal, they raised hell amongst the public when they announced they planned on getting rid of Stage 28, a very well-known and very old set that housed the opera set from Universal's Phantom of the Opera (1925). Universal announced they are working to preserve the set and get it on display. Let's hope they will do the 90 year-old set justice and get it a new, proper home. Lots of fans are still upset about its removal, including myself. RIP, Stage 28.

3390417521_66f106bf14_z.jpg

Universal+Studios+Haunted+stage+28.jpg

JediMasterMatt

Speaking of Universal, they raised hell amongst the public when they announced they planned on getting rid of Stage 28, a very well-known and very old set that housed the opera set from Universal's Phantom of the Opera (1925). Universal announced they are working to preserve the set and get it on display. Let's hope they will do the 90 year-old set justice and get it a new, proper home. Lots of fans are still upset about its removal, including myself. RIP, Stage 28.

3390417521_66f106bf14_z.jpg

Universal+Studios+Haunted+stage+28.jpg

I hear Disney has plenty of vacant sound stages in Orlando at DHS. Maybe they can work out a deal and have Lon Chaney's Phantom meet Capt Jack - all brought to you by projection effects of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom