Universal Studios Fall From Grace

JT3000

I have been consistent here as to type of content I welcome and others I dont't want to see again

As I said I welcome attractions along the lines of a Yeti, ToT, Kong, Journey to Center of Earth, Mummy, Alien Encounter(PG 13+ if you will)..........not straight up Tooth Fairy level gore and mutilation(R, NC 17 ish) type attractions
Well no wonder I didn't understand what you wanted earlier; if those attractions were made into movies, most of them would be G or PG-rated Disney Channel specials, much like their adaptation of Tower of Terror. I would argue Dinosaur is the scariest ride in Orlando (in terms of sensory experience, not the ride itself), and it's literally based on a PG animated movie. The only attractions that dare to be a little grotesque are Universal's, and I don't think you'll ever see them move beyond their current standards, for the reasons I went into earlier. But I'm sure you don't need to worry about the general tone of the Monsters land. It's not going to be Beetlejuice.

I would argue Dinosaur is the scariest ride in Orlando

agreed,

And I'd say Mummy is a close 2nd considering it is a staple attraction in a world class park, is quite intense. Mummy crashing the 'party' and threatening to take our souls forever gives me the chills at times. The special effects aren't too scary because the AA's are not terribly lifelike(I'm comparing them to the outstanding bankers in Gringots) but the theme is about as serious and alarming as something can get.

Jrb1979

agreed,

And I'd say Mummy is a close 2nd considering it is a staple attraction in a world class park, is quite intense. Mummy crashing the 'party' and threatening to take our souls forever gives me the chills at times. The special effects aren't too scary because the AA's are not terribly lifelike(I'm comparing them to the outstanding bankers in Gringots) but the theme is about as serious and alarming as something can get.
IMO that's good for an everyday attraction but its not dark or scary enough. I hope when the Universal Monsters land opens it's darker and scarier then those. Not necessarily actors jumping out at you but animatronics that jump out at you.

A little off topic but reading this thread, the Disney one about having Haunted Houses for Halloween and the general thought of less thrill and more family rides at Universal. I don't get it, why do so many not want more attractions made for adults? I have always thought the parks should have a better balance of family and adult attractions.

JoeCamel

IMO that's good for an everyday attraction but its not dark or scary enough. I hope when the Universal Monsters land opens it's darker and scarier then those. Not necessarily actors jumping out at you but animatronics that jump out at you.

A little off topic but reading this thread, the Disney one about having Haunted Houses for Halloween and the general thought of less thrill and more family rides at Universal. I don't get it, why do so many not want more attractions made for adults? I have always thought the parks should have a better balance of family and adult attractions.
Ohh that's the easy one, princess and to a lesser extent the little prince control the wallet of the parent. Cater to those and the money rolls in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom