Universal Studios drops prices

napnet

Original Poster
Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla., has dropped its ticket price to $91 for an entire week's access to both of its area parks. The theme park price war in Orlando started in August when Walt Disney World raised one-day ticket prices from $54 to $67 but also making it so that people who stay a week or longer get the lowest prices, the New York Post reported Tuesday.
Orlando's Sea World has had a cheaper weeklong stay option for years but it costs $272 for a week at Walt Disney World.

http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/41072

kcnole

I love Universal and I could probably spend three days in the parks seeing everything, but there's no way I could spend a whole week there.

Legacy

I love Universal and I could probably spend three days in the parks seeing everything, but there's no way I could spend a whole week there.

I could...

More importantly though is that $91 dollars for a "week" is cheaper than two three days worth of park-hoppers.

This is a great move on Uni's part, and I hope it benefits them well.

Wilt Dasney

$91/14 (2 parks a day x 7 days) = $6.50 per park admission for someone who takes full advantage of the deal.

A 7-day Disney parkhopper without the no expire option is $248. That technically works out to $8.86 per potential park admission, but nobody's going to visit all 4 parks every day for a week, so if you figure 2 parks a day, that's $17.71 per admission.

Are the Universal passes good for a while, or do the 7 days need to be used up in proximity to each other? I can't imagine too many tourists going to Universal every day for a week (maybe I'm wrong), but if there's no expiration, thats an awesome deal.

A 7-day Disney parkhopper with no expiration is $338, so that works out to $24.14 per admission using the two parks per day rule.

TowerOfTerror

I went to IOA the first year it opened and I spent 5 days at Universal. I wasn't bored at all.

Barry I bet you would marathon the Flying Unicorn and Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster all day for the seven days. I know you really enjoy those kiddie coaster credits. :lol:

What is the percentage of people who use all seven days ? 0.1% ? I love Universal Parks but 7 days would be a overkill.

kcnole

I guess the good thing about staying that long is that you wouldn't feel rushed to do everything. You could go for a few hours in the morning, then when it got hot, come back and hang out by the pool, then go back in the afternoon to night. You'd be able to ride everything you wanted as many times as you wanted and not have to kill yourself to do it all.

Still, 7 days in just two parks, that would be a little much. I could do 7 days at Disney, but that's because there are 4 parks and two of them really do need at least two days in Magic Kingdom and Epcot. If this ticket at Universal included Wet N Wild then it would definitely be worth it. I really wish Universal offered a pass that included Wet N Wild, don't they own that park as well?

bayoutinkbelle

I found out yesterday that I could use my AP to buy a buddy a one-day, one-park ticket for $37. :eek: In the end, we decided not to do it because we wanted the flexibility to hop between parks, but geez ...

I head to Orlando next Friday and will start my vacation off by spending two days at Universal. I've spent almost a week there on a previous trip and that was all I could handle. After we did everything three or four times, it was time to go.

PeecahSmoocher

The trick to the 7 day pass is that you have to get it in advance online. They don't offer it at the gates (yet?). I just had family come down that was a little butrned out on Disney and took the week long pass. they loved it - they came and went as they pleased without feeling like they had to kill themselves getting through everything at both parks in a day or two.

BarryH

Barry I bet you would marathon the Flying Unicorn and Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster all day for the seven days. I know you really enjoy those kiddie coaster credits. :lol:

What is the percentage of people who use all seven days ? 0.1% ? I love Universal Parks but 7 days would be a overkill.

Actually, I would watch Barney all day. Dinosaur got back!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Three days is long enough, with the Express access on the room key we can get round the park buy 14:00 and then go next door, the following day we do it the other way around

TimeTrip

I found out yesterday that I could use my AP to buy a buddy a one-day, one-park ticket for $37. :eek: In the end, we decided not to do it because we wanted the flexibility to hop between parks, but geez ...

The 1-day 2-park ticket should have been very close in price:

Now through the end of the year, bring your family and friends and SAVE 50% off a 1-Day, 2-Park theme park ticket!

Purchase tickets at the Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure Front Gate Ticket Booths or call 1-866-PASS-4-FUN. Legal: Limit 4 per Passholder. Only available with valid Preferred Annual Pass. Offer valid 9/15/06-12/31/06.

I discovered that pleasant surprise when I had friends by not too long ago, got them a 2-park 1-day pass for under $50 after tax...

bayoutinkbelle

The 1-day 2-park ticket should have been very close in price:

I discovered that pleasant surprise when I had friends by not too long ago, got them a 2-park 1-day pass for under $50 after tax...

In the end, my friend bought the 2-park unlimited admission ticket for $85. It's good for seven (consecutive) days, so that gives us more options should we decide we want to hop back over to Universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom