Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Mouse Trap

Advertisement
Doesn't Match
  • Original Opening date as August 31 (I was most recently told the gear up would begin in the last week of June with a public opening in the week following the 4th of July)
  • "Mask Relief Areas," at least the way described by @WDW Pro were not on the table. Any potential relief area would use a much bigger space, with a couple of other quirks

At the end of the day, both Disney and SeaWorld were thrown for a loop by UOR opening on June 1. In fact, I'm a bit disappointed that three levels of clearance would approve this, especially when their proposal had some glaring omissions. I doubt we see anyone in a WDW park before the halway point of June (if rushed), but more likely July.
Looks like you were spot on.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
July 11th?? Shoot. If I wasn’t impatient for info our trip would have been perfectly fine on the 13th.

Padre

Universal’s really sticking their neck out and could put themselves in a very bad position. It’s in Disney’s best interest to wait as long as possible.
Please explain how Universal is "sticking their neck out and putting themselves in a very bad position".

Kingoglow

Question from the council: What are the repercussions for non-compliance?

Disney's answer: Mask are required. Have not encountered issues at DS. Will be implementing relaxation zones around the parks for a brief reprise from wearing the masks.

Sea World: Optimistic that people will comply.

Top Bottom