Universal playing on the "Anti magic & fairytales" for employment

KevinPage

Original Poster
Both Disney and Universal are advertising heavily on the radio lately for summertime employment.

Disney always ends with the tagline "Disney, where Imaginatation works"

Universal does a spin on their "Tired of pixie dust and fairytales" theme, by stating "you are too cool to work anywhere else" and makes a mention of no pixie ust, etc., but a little more subtle this time around

Jeff D

Universal like to play that they are better thhan Disney. Thing is they are not. They just got done laying off a large chunk of the Universal Creative staff which is the equivalent of Disney Imagineering.

pilka214

there is also is universals line on there commercial "fairies and pixie dust not your thing" if i were disney i would try and find something there for a lawsuit.:D but at least disney isnt being all negative about universal. disney is clean, and uncruel

SIR90210

I think the only reason Universal does that is because the GP thinks that would be the only thing good about them. Those "fairy tales and pixey dust just ont your thing?" commercias repel the 13-30 (13-14 anyway) audience they're trying to appeal to. My class was watching something on TV (Dsicovery Channel about Isaac Newton...I think) and the Universal commercial came on. The basic opinion was that it was messed up, namely the Hulk shirt rip-off thing and the oversized woman on the "parade float" *cough cough* ATV *cough cough*.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by General Grizz
Universal? I was there last year. No plans on going back.

Oh come now, I am sure there are lots of things there for you to find to gripe about. :lol: :p ;)

j/k ;)

Jfc2021

i love disney and everything, but lets be honest here. universal is great, too. don't hate on them because they are not disney. they have done a lot of cool things over there.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Jfc2021
i love disney and everything, but lets be honest here. universal is great, too. don't hate on them because they are not disney. they have done a lot of cool things over there.

I agree. I rode Spiderman over and over (I am not a fan of IOA), and but a lot more of the original Universal is great. Still, it is simply uncomparable to Walt Disney World.

Jfc2021

better bang for your buck at universal is really the only difference. paying admission to 2 parks as opposed to 4 at disney for basically the same amount of thrill rides

bhg469

They really do benefit each other though, without universal making rides like spiderman and mummy we woulden't be getting rides like everst and mission space, as long as they keep the competition up we will always spending more money at both parks. It just disney does it with more class.

KevinPage

Original Poster
I agree. I rode Spiderman over and over (I am not a fan of IOA), and but a lot more of the original Universal is great. Still, it is simply uncomparable to Walt Disney World.

Spidey is good, but it faded from my memory pretty quickly. t was great in the beginning, now I couldn't care less if I rode it. I'll always say, a ride is only half as good as the park that it sits in, especially a roller coaster.

You actually LIKE regular Universal? I honestly think it's one of the most "hurtin" parks I've ever been too. At every step of the way they keep reminding you that you are in the real world. With every pre show or video before a ride talking about the actors and making of the movies, that's the last thing I want to see. I don't want to be reminded of actors/actresses I can see while I'm at home, nor do I want to be constatly reminded that what I'm seeing is a recreation. Talk about unimaginative.

I still use the line when people ask me why I go to Disney all the time and never Universal: "would you eat dog ________ if you can be served ice cream?"

I will go to check out The Mummy (horrible source material for a ride) beofre our pass runs out though

imagineer boy

Originally posted by SIR90210
I think the only reason Universal does that is because the GP thinks that would be the only thing good about them. Those "fairy tales and pixey dust just ont your thing?" commercias repel the 13-30 (13-14 anyway) audience they're trying to appeal to. My class was watching something on TV (Dsicovery Channel about Isaac Newton...I think) and the Universal commercial came on. The basic opinion was that it was messed up, namely the Hulk shirt rip-off thing and the oversized woman on the "parade float" *cough cough* ATV *cough cough*.

I know what you mean! That commercial is so wrong. The only thing I thought was clever was the Frankenstein at the bar. Other than that, the girls eating food with their hands and thowing the bones of the chicken on the floor, the boys ripping their shirts off, and that over sized women on the superhero parade thing dancing around in an *cough choke* odd way. Not to mention the fact that the superhero costumes look like supermarket halloween costumes.

Pixie Duster

The thing about a company that TRULY cares about service is not going to want to hire someone who would choose a job based on its cool factor. If someone cares that much about being cool then they only care about themselves. A company like Disney prides itself on service and people who really care about service aren't hung up on petty things like coolness, they are hung up on being happy and making other feel happy and satisfied.

KevinPage

Original Poster
No, I don't. However, I tried to give some credit for some of the innovation attractions.

Dueling Dragons has the greatest queue ever. And I normally am bored to tears with B&M coasters, but the ride is great (even though I prefer hypers over loopers)

But don't let me catch you giving "props" to regular vanilla bean Universal on my watch again!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by KevinPage
Dueling Dragons has the greatest queue ever. And I normally am bored to tears with B&M coasters, but the ride is great (even though I prefer hypers over loopers)

But don't let me catch you giving "props" to regular vanilla bean Universal on my watch again!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cedar Point

tigger248

I think we should still be fair to universal. While I hate their commercials and think it's horrible that they feel they have to trash talk disney, they do have some decent rides. When I was on my college program I have to admit that I had an annual pass to universal. I only went a few times but never had any real problems there. My worst problem was when I got my annual pass processed. They just weren't very guest friendly and I am in charge (sort of) of season pass processing at our local six flags park so I was disappointed with the way I was treated when I got mine processed at universal. I just expected such a big company and popular theme park destination to treat their guests better. But I made the best of it and reminded myself that once mine was processed I'd never have to deal with those people again. I really liked their water rides, spiderman, and the hulk. However I liked universal much better than busch gardens as far as other area parks go, so it could have been worse. When I go to florida now I don't go to universal simply because I would rather have that extra day at disney. Plus Universal's movie park is a joke. They do stuff with actors to show how the movies are made but it's hard to go to the orlando movie park when the one in california is so much better. I know that disney is better but trash talking universal doesn't make us any better than universal when they trash talk disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom