universal meal deals

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you are referring to their Dining Program, I'd say no. The choices (while all you can eat) are limited and of poor quality.

I got it in August...waste of money considering how much we used it and it's other limitations (for example, it doesn't include drinks, and you can't sample multiple menu items on one trip through the queue, rather, you need to go through multiple times)...

Not to mention, as it stands now, it is an extra card to carry and a "bracelet" to wear...

Just not worth it.

disney4life2008

It is worth it to me but I do not mind the limited options. I typically will only eat burgers and fries at any theme park and that is whats included in the meal deal along with a few other choices. I will say though, Universal and IOA has terrible CS food.

Thrill Seeker

It's a pretty solid deal when you look a price. A double cheeseburger and fries is around $9. The desert is at least $2 or so. If you eat one more meal it's paid for.

Personally I find Universal's quick service stuff at least on par if not better than Disney's traditional fare. The key to getting variety is find the resturaunt that serves the broadest menu. IoA's best are Circus McGurcus and Comic Strip Cafe while USF's Classic Monsters Cafe has a pretty varied menu.

If you'll be in the park all day and plan on eating in the park, it's worth it. If you have an AP and want to take it easy, it's worth it.

Doombuggy13

We'll be in Uni in August and are fighting with getting the meal deal or not. We have 3 boys, 15,12, & 7 who are ALWAYS HUNGRY! We have booked a hotel with complimentary breakfast and figured the meal deal would be a wise purchase considering it is our first trip and we'll most likely will be at the parks until closing. But there is so many posters who say the food is not up to par. Is it the quality of the Meal Deal restaurants worse than other quick service restaurants?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We'll be in Uni in August and are fighting with getting the meal deal or not. We have 3 boys, 15,12, & 7 who are ALWAYS HUNGRY! We have booked a hotel with complimentary breakfast and figured the meal deal would be a wise purchase considering it is our first trip and we'll most likely will be at the parks until closing. But there is so many posters who say the food is not up to par. Is it the quality of the Meal Deal restaurants worse than other quick service restaurants?
If they are always hungry, it can easily be a value.

The food quality is ok. I found it really poor on my trip, and the kiddo and I ended up not eating all that much QS as a result, so the plan didn't work well for us.

However, it wasn't *terrible* and I have heard plenty of others rave about it. So, maybe I just had an unlucky experience.

When you get it they will issue you one card per person per day. At the first QS venue you visit, they will trade the card for a wristband (think like the type they use at nightclubs or concerts) that will allow you unlimited eating at certain restaurants.

Options vary, but basically expect chicken salad, chicken sandwich, fried chicken, baked chicken, hamburgers, fries, pizza. I may have left off a menu option, but that's what I recall off the top of my head. Also, some of those offerings are venue specific...

Still, with three hungry boys? Yeah, I can see it paying for itself for you.

JordanNite

Food with the meal deal is awfull, wouldn't even feed it to my dog.

However, there are those who abuse the system ... and buy other people stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom