Universal Express system may be gone

MrPromey

The book is "Unofficial" because it is not controlled by Disney.

I know but the problem with unofficial and unauthorized is that since it is all done without consent or acknolagement, its information can be subject to well, creative use. Anyone can write an unofficial and/or unauthorized book on anything or anyone they want and as a result their informatin doesn’t have to be (and usually isn't) 100% credable. It has been my experience at least, that there is a lot more 'artistic license' offered whenever the material is unauthorized or unofficial.

<SRH>

I also like Universal Studios. I have gone there maybe 4 or 5 times total. One trip we went in the daytime, and all the other trips were "Halloween Horror Nights". If you are vacationing here in October, then definitely do your US trip at night. I thought the one trip we did in the daytime that there would be a lot of stuff that wasn't open at night, like a back-lot tour or something. There was nothing like that. I have not been to IOA yet, but a lot of friends and family have gone and said it is great. (One of those people even works for Disney.) Also, keep in mind that a lot of ex-Disney designers worked on IOA. I am even very impressed with the amount of money that Anheuser-Busch is spending on their parks. The Discovery Cove concept is a huge success, and has Disney thinking of an attraction in the same vein. I will admit that I do like the Disney parks more. I enjoy all the special events like Food & Wine Festival, Flower & Garden, etc. Just remember, competition is good. If all these other companies come out with great attractions, then it will only make Disney want to top them even more.

woofboy111

So, you've been to halloween horror nights? How scary is it? Would you recomend it to a 11 year old? Now that I have my annual pass, I figured I'll go this year but I'm wondering if I should take my 11 year old sister. (Yes, she can handle my garage haunted house that I set up for trick or treaters!!!!)

I know what you mean about how Universal is nicer at night, but you should see Islands of Adventure. At nighttime there, everything is better (except for the fireworks...they are really bad). On Jurassic Park river adventure, when you are going around, they have all these spotlights on that make it much more pretty (until your boat goes off course). you also can't see the track at night, so it looks like you are free floating. On Dueling dragons, they have no lights, so once you are off of the lift hill, you're in compleate darkness. Its really cool. These are just a few things that are better at night, but instead of staying late at Us. stay late at IoA.

(take a look at Posidions fury with the sunset)

Attachments

• pictures950066.jpg
    pictures950066.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 143

<SRH>

I was only suggesting US at night because that is where they do the Halloween Horror Nights. They don't do anything yet at IOA. You buy a separate ticket. There are a certain number of people in the park. I am not sure if you can use your pass, you might have to get a ticket. The haunted houses are not extremely scary. They don't touch you or anything. They are popular. I can't speak for your nephew, but I have seen a lot of kids in them. Some your nephews age. There was a rumor that they may stretch the Halloween Horror Nights partly over to IOA to include the Jurassic Park area. I don't know if they connect at that point somehow.

<SRH>

I am glad you can use your pass. I hate to see people have to shell out extra money. You will enjoy HHN. It is a totally different experience, much more party like.

castlecake

[QUO.... I wouldn't mess with Disney's legal team. :( [/B][/QUOTE]

i heard some lady sued disney because she claimed a brick from cindy's castle fell and hit her! disney took her to court. at the court the lady went on and on how she got hit then disney says "our castle is not made of bricks" she must of felt stupid.

nadine

Universal Express

I have not yet been to Universal Orlando (have been to US Hollywood and loved it!). We are going for two nights (staying at the Portofino Bay) in November and very much looking forward to
it! But I agree Disney has MAGIC!:D

Chad

Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are MUCH better at night! When it's dark you can't see all the peeling paint, carvings and writing on the walls! Or the mildew that drips off bluto's butt on popeye!

I just got back from IOA and I do love the park, but it makes you appreciate disney SO much! They built an amazing park over there, but it seems like they have no interest in upkeep, they just let it get ruined, and don't bother fixing anything that doesn't hinder the ride...And about the express system...It can turn into a nightmare. Apperently, they allow the express people entrance into the ride immediately, not doing an even mixing like disney does, they just let them right through. on Ripsaw Falls, it broke down, and the epress line backed up, before they would let any of the normal wait people in, they had to let all of the express in, resulting in a full 2 hour wait for us when the sign outside said 20 minutes. This was not the only time this had happened, Jurrasic park and dueling dragons had the same problem.
They also need to rethink the way the prganize there express computers. When we went, threy weren't in a nice, organized line like Disney's, they were in clusters. and when you try to get a ticket, you feel like a cow trying to get to a feeding trough. There isn't a uniformed line, just a mass of people, and whoever came up with the stupid idea of putting two rides in one distributing area needs to be shot, now there's double the peopl pushing and shoving for a ticket.

But one good thing, they aren;t nearly as strict as disney. We repeatedly used storm force tickets for the hulk, spiderman, and dueling dragons...and spiderman has a convenievt entry area in the gift shop were you can get into the express line without a ticket...Mwhaha!

woofboy111

I agree with you that Universal and IoA aren't as upkept as Disney, but it does get cleaned up. I've noticed that, since I have an AP, that the stuff usally takes about a week to get cleaned up.

Also, like you said, but for different reasons that you said, a lot of the rides are better at night. At IoA, Jurrassic Park and Dueling dragons are great at night, and with no lines!

<SRH>

Originally posted by woofboy111
But is it packed???

The last time that I went to HHN was about 3 years ago. I don't remember it being that packed. Maybe certain popular attractions will have more people. The haunted houses usually have a lot of people, but they let a steady stream in them. I think Universal has up to 20,000 people in the park for HHN, but don't quote me on that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom