Universal Express Pass ticketing question

worldofsounds

Original Poster
I recently purchased Universal Express Pass tickets (separately from my 2-park admission tickets) for September 13th. The Express Pass tickets that were mailed to me are paper tickets similar to admission tickets. I'm curious to know, on arrival, do these paper tickets get turned in for some type of lanyard or plastic card? If this paper ticket is what's being scanned for each individual ride, I may buy lanyards to keep them in so they don't get lost. Any advice from someone who has visited Universal parks and used the Express Pass system is much appreciated.

JoeCamel

I recently purchased Universal Express Pass tickets (separately from my 2-park admission tickets) for September 13th. The Express Pass tickets that were mailed to me are paper tickets similar to admission tickets. I'm curious to know, on arrival, do these paper tickets get turned in for some type of lanyard or plastic card? If this paper ticket is what's being scanned for each individual ride, I may buy lanyards to keep them in so they don't get lost. Any advice from someone who has visited Universal parks and used the Express Pass system is much appreciated.
From UCT
How Universal Express Pass Works

When you approach a ride with Universal Express, show your pass to the attendant, who will scan it and let you enter the Express Pass queue. Closer to the ride loading area (this distance varies by ride), the Universal Express Pass queue will merge with the regular line. At this point, your pass will be scanned again. You will still likely wait at this point, but it is usually 5 to 10 minutes long.

Know that Universal Express Pass is not a group pass. Everyone in your party will need his or her own Universal Express Pass. Also, the passes are non-transferrable.

Get a lanyard. $6.95 in the park as a souvenir and about $3 at Five Below or other discounters outside the parks.

And this
There are two types of Universal Express passes:

• Universal Express Unlimited
  • Universal Express Pass
You can use Universal Express Unlimited Pass an unlimited number of times at participating rides and attractions each day that your pass is valid. You can use the Universal Express Pass one time per ride each day that your pass is valid.

Universal Express is available for one park per day or both parks per day. It can be purchased online ahead of time through Universal or at the parks themselves. We like this flexibility. Sometimes you don't know you want Express Pass until you're already in the parks!

JillC LI

It's been a few years, but I remember just showing the paper EPs. I agree they are not very durable.

sublimesting

That's another really good point. I'm for sure riding Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls!
The water rides at Universal get you "just fell into the deep end of a pool" wet. Make sure you bring a change of gear. You're going to have a great time! We'll be there the same time. It's a wonderful time to go!!!! Not sure what your eating plans are but Mythos is absolutely outstanding!!!! It was named theme park restaurant of the year multiple times! I think last year though that went to Leaky Caludron and #2 was Cowfish and #3 Mythos. Universal is cleaning up in the restaurant category!

worldofsounds

Original Poster
You will so not need those express passes for mid September. We go every year at that time and everything is virtually a walk on or 10 minute wait max.

I figured it was probably a waste of money to buy them but I rationalized it because I want to make sure we can do everything in both parks on just one day.

sublimesting

I figured it was probably a waste of money to buy them but I rationalized it because I want to make sure we can do everything in both parks on just one day.
You never know anyways. Theme parks can be unpredictable. Plus, if you have some favorites you'll want to ride those a few times. Are you big HP fans?

worldofsounds

Original Poster
You never know anyways. Theme parks can be unpredictable. Plus, if you have some favorites you'll want to ride those a few times. Are you big HP fans?

Yeah, and I haven't seen the newer half (Universal Studios) of WWoHP because my last visit was in 2011. Very excited for it! I realize the Express Pass doesn't work for the HP attractions so we plan on getting there early and hitting all of those rides first.

sublimesting

Yeah, and I haven't seen the newer half (Universal Studios) of WWoHP because my last visit was in 2011. Very excited for it! I realize the Express Pass doesn't work for the HP attractions so we plan on getting there early and hitting all of those rides first.
Ohhh. Diagon Alley............. Prepare to be charmed!

ToTBellHop

They just added the HP rides to Express Pass!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom