Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Gusey

other than an opening date, what’s left to announce? (Not sarcasm, real question).
Opening date and ticket options are the only thing left to announce. They likely won't announce any of the phase 2 plans until the park is open/a few months before their ready to open, as that's how Universal usually operate with their announcements

Rob562

Are these elements along a ride directly in view?
Are these part of the park entry experience?
Are these part of the arrival to a premier, highly immersive experience?

Doesn't look like you got an answer. These are forced-perspective elements to extend the perceived size of the land, much like the Eiffel Tower originally did in the France pavilion. You can see them in this artwork.

1000002425.jpg

And since they're set back a little from the foreground buildings, they'll give just enough shift in perspective to make it look real.

-Rob

lazyboy97o

Doesn't look like you got an answer. These are forced-perspective elements to extend the perceived size of the land, much like the Eiffel Tower originally did in the France pavilion. You can see them in this artwork.

View attachment 820744

And since they're set back a little from the foreground buildings, they'll give just enough shift in perspective to make it look real.

-Rob
The question was rhetorical. The criticism of “theming on a stick” has been things like Jack Jack on the Incredicoaster or Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios where it was part of the entry approach to the park and Galactic Starcruiser.

Disstevefan1

It looks like international guests will have to buy tickets to every park in order to get 1 day at Epic.

I think the WSJ alluded to this. I've now seen the T&C.
That's true for everyone when EPIC opens, right?

At least when it opens, to get one day at EPIC you must buy a ticket package to the other parks.

lentesta

Premium Member
That's true for everyone when EPIC opens, right?

At least when it opens, to get one day at EPIC you must buy a ticket package to the other parks.

I'm not sure. The last I'd heard it was going to be prioritized based on total NEW spend, along these lines:
  • High-end hotel guests with multi-night stays and multi-day tix get first dibs at entry
  • Mid-tier hotel guests with multi-night stays and multi-day tix go next
  • Value hotel guests with multi-night stays and multi-day tix go next
  • ?? Some combination of hotel/single-night/multi-day tix?
  • ?? Whatever's left for APs?
It could be that that just proved unworkable, and they're going with onsite/offsite and requiring multi-day tix.

djlaosc

It looks like international guests will have to buy tickets to every park in order to get 1 day at Epic.

I think the WSJ alluded to this. I've now seen the T&C.

So, the question is, with our international tickets, how many days do we get?

Our UK tickets last 14 days - how many Epic days will we get for buying 14 day tickets?

Then the question of, if we are on-site/off-site, how would that affect the above?

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I'm not sure. The last I'd heard it was going to be prioritized based on total NEW spend, along these lines:
  • High-end hotel guests with multi-night stays and multi-day tix get first dibs at entry
  • Mid-tier hotel guests with multi-night stays and multi-day tix go next
  • Value hotel guests with multi-night stays and multi-day tix go next
  • ?? Some combination of hotel/single-night/multi-day tix?
  • ?? Whatever's left for APs?
It could be that that just proved unworkable, and they're going with onsite/offsite and requiring multi-day tix.
So to have a chance at one day in EPIC you must buy a multi day, multi park package, BUT there will be a limit to EPIC tickets in general (initially at least)?

I sure hope folks are told at the time of purchase of their ticket package, it will include a day in EPIC or not!

JAN J

So to have a chance at one day in EPIC you must buy a multi day, multi park package, BUT there will be a limit to EPIC tickets in general (initially at least)?

I sure hope folks are told at the time of purchase of their ticket package, it will include a day in EPIC or not!
I'm sure it will be clear when they start selling them.

Jayspency

This feels like something Disney would do. And I do not mean that in a good way.

TheTwilightZone

I'll be staying at Universal next May for 2 weeks, flying home on Sunday 25th... this could be interesting if it's opening day weekend. Wonder if some of the previews would be for guests staying in the resort hotels

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom