Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

some other guy

Toward Lockheed Martin.

And wait for the response...
video of the Iron Dome in action is gonna look like kids with bb guns next to a shooting war between L/M and Uni
here's an interesting short curved roof at center.
looks like it's supposed to be a support for something else running overhead, otherwise it looks like one of the "oh wow, there's really _that_ much rain in Central FL?" additions to WDW from the 80s

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Starfall Racers is the first new non IP E ticket at Uni or Disney in Orlando in a very long time. Very impressive.
Is it really an "E" tho?

Will there be a queue superbly themed that tells a story?

Will it be really obvious that "Hey, this is a roller coaster!"

And apparently, the make and break criterion for some people (not me, tho)... will it have AAs?

999th Happy Haunt

Is it really an "E" tho?

Will there be a queue superbly themed that tells a story?

Will it be really obvious that "Hey, this is a roller coaster!"

And apparently, the make and break criterion for some people (not me, tho)... will it have AAs?
It’s an E. I feel like historically high thrill rides have been E, animatronics/heavy theming or not. Do we count Tron as an E?

TalkToEthan

I foresee:

Starfall bests Hulk and Velocicoaster on straight thrills

As for theme Starfall is equal to or better than Velocicoaster but nowhere in the league of a Hagrid.

Yes, we call it an E level attraction

(again, just my prediction)

UNCgolf

It’s an E. I feel like historically high thrill rides have been E, animatronics/heavy theming or not. Do we count Tron as an E?

For me, TRON definitely isn't an E and Starfall Racers doesn't look like an E either.

That said, I assume it will be popular enough to be an E (if Universal actually classified things that way).

SplashJacket

VelociCoaster is an E.

Hulk and Rip Ride are not.

Hulk’s theming is fine for the first half the then gets really ugly for the second half.

Starfall’s theming won’t come close to VelociCoaster but should be a tremendous coaster experience (like VelociCoaster and unlike Hulk or Rip Ride) with a spectacular capacity.

SplashJacket

Reminder that any ticket ratings are completely arbitrary since that system has been gone for decades now
The original ticket system as was used and intended, 100%.

The original system used demand/capacity/quality to determine the ticket. The weight of each metric varied drastically, so overall, it could seem arbitrary.

That said, the ticket system people use today is more a set of tiers that reflects quality and scope. That new ticket system is very valid, but also somewhat arbitrary. The old system wasn’t arbitrary because if Disney made a ride a C-ticket, that’s just what it was, but the system for determining which ticket the ride belongs to was pretty arbitrary.

The current ticket system still exists both internally and externally, but absolutely is arbitrary, basically just what certain attractions “feel” like to people. It’s not an exact science (internal and external notions could validly disagree), but I’d say generally one person wouldn’t consider a ride an E-ticket and another person consider the same ride a C-ticket, so I think our general system works pretty well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom