Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Chef idea Mickey`=

WOW! This has to be The Most Amazing Pre-Start Announcement and I love it's importance that all wouldn't have began if it wasn't for the Team Staff that helped make the Universal Orlando Experience from the beginning!

I can't help but think about Disney and how Universal took some time before getting to their third park and now Universal especially since the pandemic shows it's decide to evolving to a next level... whereas SeaWorld is also in it's own rollercoaster revolution route, wheras Disney has shown decline and removal of once experiences and magic before the pandemic. It's kind of very sad to see..This presentation to me reminds of Universal's own Epcot route...that Disney was expanding Grand scale back in 1982!

Chef idea Mickey`=

The build quality is night and day though, I've spent 10+ nights in each one and RP was far more comfortable. Sapphire's saving quality is Strongwater but otherwise RP is more my style.
I've only stayed at Sapphire Falls 🙂 and I would say the dining options at RP is way better, RP does feel more Deluxe like The Polynesian whereas Sapphire Falls reminds me of Riviera in a way.. I understand the prices are different due to Express included am I correct!?

JoeCamel

I've only stayed at Sapphire Falls 🙂 and I would say the dining options at RP is way better, RP does feel more Deluxe like The Polynesian whereas Sapphire Falls reminds me of Riviera in a way.. I understand the prices are different due to Express included am I correct!?
That is my understanding, I like breakfast at RP and even when staying at SF it is a short walk through the convention space from one to the other then add on Bar 17 and I pity those poor HR Porto folks. They can have the fancy restaurants I'll take a bar with a view and nibbles with these three and CBBR across the street for a lazy river and a full waterpark right there as well. All without waiting on a bus.....

WDWFREAK53

Curse of the Werewolf coaster testing.

Hopefully there's some good theming to make up for the short ride duration.

To be fair, it does look like it's missing two launches. We don't see it leave the station so it could've already gone through the barn, and back through the barn before the video started. Still, it's a short ride.

Andrew25

Looks like a nice 'family coaster.'

But, could there be more than one train out at a time? It's throughput looks to be really low.

Also: Odd that the video is sped up.

Throughput will be very low as it'll probably only have 1 train in the actual portion of the ride with 2 additional trains in the station.

This is essentially a "beefed up" version of Hippogriff that happens to spin lol

Not a bad addition to the park, better than nothing, but nothing substantial.

ToTBellHop

Looks like a nice 'family coaster.'

But, could there be more than one train out at a time? It's throughput looks to be really low.

Also: Odd that the video is sped up.
Let’s hope it can accommodate a second train or we are looking at perhaps 400 guests per hour? Oof. I presume it’ll have 2 trains, but even with that…600 guests per hour perhaps? And let’s hope the spinning doesn’t make it a “family coaster” with a 48” height requirement.

sonoma15

From overhead shots, I’m getting the impression the splash battle ride will be more “shoot water at this target” than “spray strangers”. Pity. Hitting strangers with water is cathartic. I could spend 3 hours on the Kali exit bridge.
It'll be a mix of both like River Battle at Dollywood was, I think there will also be water guns off ride for people to shoot too.

JT3000

Given the small scale of the Wolfman coaster, I do wonder what convinced them to scrap an entire theater show and replace it with what essentially amounts to a glorified kiddie coaster. That doesn't seem to be a fair trade-off.

Andrew25

Let’s hope it can accommodate a second train or we are looking at perhaps 400 guests per hour? Oof. I presume it’ll have 2 trains, but even with that…600 guests per hour perhaps? And let’s hope the spinning doesn’t make it a “family coaster” with a 48” height requirement.

Theoretically, it looks like dispatches will be in the ~60 sec range so around 1.2K riders an hour

UNCgolf

Given the small scale of the Wolfman coaster, I do wonder what convinced them to scrap an entire theater show and replace it with what essentially amounts to a glorified kiddie coaster. That doesn't seem to be a fair trade-off.

Costs? I'm just speculating, but running and maintaining that coaster has to be significantly cheaper than a full theater show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As people are wont to say for Disney parks, smaller C-Ticket rides and children's rides are needed to round out a park.

But, if it has a low capacity and there aren't also a bunch of these type of rides for this demographic.... long waits.

UNCgolf

Or the show got cut cause maybe they thought it wouldn't be good? Still have two theater shows, so the park won't be devoid of shows.

Could be some of both. If you don't think the show is going to be especially popular/good, then it definitely makes sense to eliminate the extra cost to have one.

My comment wasn't intended as an attack; just a possible reason if they were looking at overall budgets/operating costs.

Poseidon Quest

I believe Alicia Stella may have mentioned that the technology needed to pull off the show was not working out. I don't know for sure if she said that, but I heard it somewhere, so I'm assuming it was her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom