Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You think being a guest at a hotel and having a view of fireworks from your room or from other vantage points like an observation on top of a hotel you are staying at in the middle of a theme park is equivalent to that. You're lavender blue silly silly.
If you're in the hotel, you have to chose between lavender blue or lavender green. You're in between the fountain and the fireworks, you can't see both at the same time. (And if there are projections on the hotel, you can't see that at all if you're *in* the hotel).

And if you're in between the fountain and the hotel, you can't see the fireworks and the fountain at the same time.

(Presuming the fountain will be synced with the fireworks.)

It's like being by the carousel in MK during the fireworks. You can't see the projections. If you want to see both the projections and the fireworks, you have to be in the hub.

celluloid

If you're in the hotel, you have to chose between lavender blue or lavender green. You're in between the fountain and the fireworks, you can't see both at the same time. (And if there are projections on the hotel, you can't see that at all if you're *in* the hotel).

And if you're in between the fountain and the hotel, you can't see the fireworks and the fountain at the same time.

(Presuming the fountain will be synced with the fireworks.)

It's like being by the carousel in MK during the fireworks. You can't see the projections. If you want to see both the projections and the fireworks, you have to be in the hub.

These, are surely the struggles of the gallows or firing squad.

You can be in the park and see it all, or you can be in a hotel and get the level of show you want to get from room or observation decks.

surfsupdon

What do we know about expected hotel benefits, contracts etc, especially with fine print?
Will the original three premiers get Express at Epic?
Are they building a new premier? Can that premier get Express at the original parks? Or would it be only at Epic?

I remember reading at some point there was a contract for 3 hotels with express and that was it. Not sure if that’s from the fandom or if it’s a fact.

SouthDakotaTink

What do we know about expected hotel benefits, contracts etc, especially with fine print?
Are they building a new premier? Can that premier get Express at the original parks? Or would it be only at Epic?

I remember reading at some point there was a contract for 3 hotels with express and that was it. Not sure if that’s from the fandom or if it’s a fact.
This is what I want to know for sure... All good questions!

WDWFREAK53

Alicia mentioned that no Express for the new resort and no Express for the new park (for the foreseeable future). They wouldn't add express to just the new resort because it would throw the Express capacity numbers off at the other 2 parks. So possibly Express included when they allow Express at Epic Universe?

To me it would be tough because adding a 4th resort to the Express perk could still overtax the system at the parks because there is nothing saying that these new numbers would be spread evenly through the day and you could have overcrowding of Express at IoA on one day and then overcrowding at Epic on another.
This is what I want to know for sure... All good questions!

WDWFREAK53

I have a hard time believing that Universal's most expensive hotel won't include Express Passes. What I could see happening is Royal Pacific being kicked down a level to be on par with Sapphire and losing the Express Pass benefit and Helios getting them.
Possibly. I think the room amount is the issue. Who knows, maybe adding a 3rd park's worth of capacity will make it work.

SouthDakotaTink

Alicia mentioned that no Express for the new resort and no Express for the new park (for the foreseeable future). They wouldn't add express to just the new resort because it would throw the Express capacity numbers off at the other 2 parks. So possibly Express included when they allow Express at Epic Universe?

To me it would be tough because adding a 4th resort to the Express perk could still overtax the system at the parks because there is nothing saying that these new numbers would be spread evenly through the day and you could have overcrowding of Express at IoA on one day and then overcrowding at Epic on another.
True but that could happen now with just the 2 parks.

I guess another way they could do it is make EP a separate charge but give a discount for a stay at one of the deluxe hotels.

But it is a bummer that EU will not have EP to start with. I did think that would be a possibility but it still sucks. I guess the only saving grace is that everyone will be in the same boat with not having EP and hopefully the amount of rides will spread the crowds out.

Andrew25

Like @Disneyhead'71 mentioned, it's likely we will see RP (the largest of the 3 express hotels) remove that benefit and have Helios (with a far smaller room count) offer it. Would give Universal more slots/capacity to sell express versus free ones. It would be very strange for the most expensive rooms at UOR to not have express while "cheaper" rooms include it.

Universal's quota is to not offer express for the latest attractions, but I also imagine someone at Universal is salivating at the idea of offering their version of "individual lightning lane" for Mario Kart/Ministry of Magic/etc. Would be the best/easiest way to offer express without having too many people using it.

Possibly. I think the room amount is the issue. Who knows, maybe adding a 3rd park's worth of capacity will make it work.
Theoretically, it could work, but there's a good chance Universal is worried about EU cannibalizing attendance at USF. So having Express at USF is an easy way to "spread out attendance" without worrying about nobody going over to USF and staying at EU cause they have Express for Mario Kart/Ministry.

It's believed that Universal will pull a Disneyland-SWGE and only allow 1-day tickets for Epic Universe for the first few weeks... so who knows what will happen.

Poseidon Quest

Universal's quota is to not offer express for the latest attractions, but I also imagine someone at Universal is salivating at the idea of offering their version of "individual lightning lane" for Mario Kart/Ministry of Magic/etc. Would be the best/easiest way to offer express without having too many people using it.

I do wonder if paid early-entry is on the table too. I did it for $20 (I think?) for SNW in Hollywood and it was definitely worth the cost for an almost empty land during their off season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom