Universal Epic Universe Lands poll

Which land are you most excited for at Universal's Epic Universe?

• Nintendo

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • How to Train Your Dragon

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Classic Monsters

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Fantastic Beasts

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • The Hub/Entrance area

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I do wonder if the new park will be slated for HHN. Has there been any talk of that @Disneyhead'71 ?

The mix of IP's are all very Halloween integrate-able and presumably the park will have some more dead space expansion pads for the next number of years.
1588021184955.png

This needs to become a reality at the park

BrianLo

I'm 99.9% certain we will never see HHN at Epic Universe.

The first issue is venues -- where do you put ten haunted houses? USF has the soundstages, parade buildings, Sprung tents, etc. which make an event that revolves around temporary walkthrough attractions practical. Will the new park have equivalent spaces waiting to serve such a purpose? Probably not.

The next issue is capacity. This is the main reason why the event left IOA. The most horrific thing at HHN is the crowds, and the park needs to be able to accommodate them. With Epic Universe's layout that requires people to enter & exit every land in the same place, to and from a shared hub area, this could be a serious issue for crowd flow. We also don't know how many people the park comfortably holds yet.

And then there's the cooperation of the IP holders. Will they even allow the event to take place in their sections of the park? We already know Fantastic Beasts is a no-go. They aren't allowed to do anything HHN-related in Wizarding World, besides having it open as normal. Will Nintendo allow it? Probably not. So despite having a permanent land based around horror, you also have an entire half of the park that likely can't even be used.

What I could see them doing is some sort of smaller scale Halloween celebration in the Monsters land, sort of like how Seuss Landing has Grinchmas, but nothing approaching the scale of HHN.

Fair enough. I was just picturing HHN being limited to the hub itself, all the houses in pop up structures in the expansion hubs, rather than off lands.

The primary thing being 2/4 core lands have pretty strong "Halloween" fodder and the third pretty much is a "Halloween" land. So whether or not HHN comes to the park, it strongly begs a good seasonal celebration.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

Rumor says this show could be at the How To Train your Dragon land! This would be awesome! Universal definitely deserves a big show like Lion King at Disney World.

Kate F

I voted for Monsters, but Nintendo sounds exciting as well. I’m sure Fantastic Beasts will be great too but the fact that we already have Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley kind of makes it a little less exciting in comparison to the other new lands because we already kind of know what to expect. It’ll probably be just as good if not better than the two Potter lands, but I’m a lot more interested to see how the other lands turn out.

DaveN1996

For the kids, nintendo by far... For my nephew, dragons easily.... for me? after this past years HHN, gotta be monsters

BigDlover

Honestly, I'm not overly excited about any of the lands. I don't connect with any of those IPs. However, I'm interested in the rumored suspended flight ride in the How to Train Your Dragon land!

Disneyhead'71

Honestly, I'm not overly excited about any of the lands. I don't connect with any of those IPs. However, I'm interested in the rumored suspended flight ride in the How to Train Your Dragon land!
I don't believe that there is a suspended flight sim in the Dragons land. That was just speculation based on some patents that Universal applied for. I think the headliner attraction for the land will be a high tech live action/puppet show similar to the arena show touring around the world.

27DRAGONS-superJumbo.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom