Universal announce "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley" to open in 2014

jensenrick

Wait, you're telling me a company that has massive AA's in their rides do... maintenance??? AND repair them when they're not functioning correctly even if you only see it for a few seconds during the ride???

And this park has less visitors than others nearby?

How peculiar. :facepalm:

It's bizarre, if you ask me.

HTF

A flight of the Hippogriff coaster is coming to both Osaka and Hollywood parks. I will confirm Vekoma is building the Osaka edition but no ink has been signed on Hollywood to my knowledge. I'm sure Vekoma is doing it as well (package deal with 2 Juniors and Gringotts) but just can't confirm Hollywood. Also want to point out Vekoma will be on site starting this December in Osaka.

http://rcdb.com/703.htm

misterID

Yeah, a HP park would be a terrible idea. It would be IOA all over again. If youre trying to make those two areas, if that's the plan, their own "park" you need added admission for, that's greedy thinking. That's like charging hotel guests for parking, imo. Bad form, man. Bad form.

Last edited:

djlaosc

Original Poster
Will Diagon Alley also be referred to as London? It would make more sense to tie it into the rest of the park, having New York, Hollywood, San Francisco, "Springfield", formerly Amity, and now London.

I wonder if they have considered expanding "London" to replace Fear Factor? If so, then they definitely could have them as two separate areas, or a main land (London) with a sub-land (DA)

We could end up with another "San Francisco/Amity" situation - "London/The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley"

Will there be enough space in front of the London Façade for any there to be any attractions?

HTF

I wonder if they have considered expanding "London" to replace Fear Factor? If so, then they definitely could have them as two separate areas, or a main land (London) with a sub-land (DA)

We could end up with another "San Francisco/Amity" situation - "London/The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley"

Will there be enough space in front of the London Façade for any there to be any attractions?

No the only thing your gonna see in "front" of the London facades is interactive elements such as the Knights Bus and one interesting watering hole.

HTF

I put this in another Potter thread here when someone questioned the Souths status in construction. Thought some may want to read it.

The south station has come a long ways in the past 90 days thanks to 24hr shifts on construction. Now while the South station is still large, complex, and very well themed its definitely not as elaborate as the North Station in terms of theming and size. Earlier this year several factors led to the South Station being well behind schedule and what once nothing more than foundation work at the South while North was well into vertical construction, ride support installation, and facade test mock ups has turned into a large building.

Another thing to consider is the way the South station is being laid out and built. Maintenance's floor is 5ft below grade and the station floor we walk on is 18ft above grade. The tip of the highest roof is just under 60ft above grade. What most don't see is this stations foundation and set up is being built into the earth so to speak, most would never know the South Station is close to a seven story tall building so to speak. So while construction may not "appear" as far along as it should I assure its much further along then it appears. Last but not least theming will be easy compared to the North as this will be blanketed with stone, wood, iron, and dense vegetation. The North on the other hand....Whoa!

Last edited:

IndianaJones

No the only thing your gonna see in "front" of the London facades is interactive elements such as the Knights Bus and one interesting watering hole.

Do we have any idea what the Knight Bus is going to be all about? I'm trying to remember if I've ever read anything about that and I think this might be the first time. Intrigued for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom