universal 360

kcnole

I think Universal closing so early and cutting the nighttime show are a major mistake. If they ever really want to get Citywalk to meet its goals and truly keep people on property for more than a few hours they need to do so. It just feels cheap to have the park closing so early. Heck, open it up at 10 instead of 9 or something but stay open long enough to have a closing show and then have people herd into citywalk afterwards.

kcnole

I'll say it again, I think it's a mistake that they're not willing to spend the extra money to run the park a little later each day so that guests visiting in the off season can get the show, stay in the park longer, spend more money there, and then drop right into citywalk for spending their money there.

Enderikari

I saw U360 two nights ago and it was good... But the first words out of my mouth weren't "its a copy of Illuminations" because that is most certainly what it is not...

Instead, I said, "Awww... How sweet, Universal took the last 3 minutes of the Great Movie Ride, and replaced all the Disney/MGM movies with Universal films."

Take out the (paltry) fireworks, and that is relatively what you have... Not that that is a bad thing, Universal has hundreds of great movies in its vaults, and the last 3 minutes of the GMR is the best part of that whole ride

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Anyone else catching the final performance tomorrow? It was such a great show, I'll miss it. :(

Will the globes stay in the lagoon until HHN or will they be removed?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'll say it again, I think it's a mistake that they're not willing to spend the extra money to run the park a little later each day so that guests visiting in the off season can get the show, stay in the park longer, spend more money there, and then drop right into citywalk for spending their money there.
I was actually surprised to hear it was a summer-only thing, it looks as if they've put a lot of money into setting up the projectors and refurbing the MIB building for the projections. Hopefully we'll see a return in the future.

Legacy

Anyone else catching the final performance tomorrow? It was such a great show, I'll miss it. :(

Will the globes stay in the lagoon until HHN or will they be removed?
HHN.

I expect those globes to get the heck used out of them. Considering all it needs is a new video and some fireworks and you have a completely new show for the park. I'm sure Uni will have a version for each time of the year.

(Or at least they should.)

JROK

I saw tonight's performance, as I'll be at Disney tomorrow night drinking around the world, but it seems as if Uni cut back on the fireworks even more since July... I hear they're getting a lot of flack from neighbors about the show, which is ridiculous because I live less than 2 miles from USF and hear the show at 9:15 and then the finale at 9:17 and it sounds like nothing more than thunder... I think the neighborhoods need to quit crying because it really hurts Universal when they can't keep their parks open too late... I mean it's one thing if the shows continued to go off after 10pm, but 9pm? C'mon! Aren't most people still awake watching PRIME TIME TELEVISION!? It only last for like 20seconds!! I guess people need something to do when they're retired, and unfortunately for Universal, the thing to do is complain about their parks being too loud...

Anyways, I can't wait till the HHN show opens...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Saw the show, its ____!te. What a waste of time. Much of the impact is lost as it is spread over such a large area using the buildings etc is a great idea shame that many people cant see what’s happening. Definitely a poor mans illuminations, what a waste of Universals catalogue

As for the moaning neighbours how many became homeowners since the park opened? Ir reminds me of the last airfield I worked at, people always in the paper or local TV complaining about aircraft noise. Shame they hadn’t figured that an airfield that had been there since WW1 may actually have planes coming and going when they purchased the property.

kcnole

I just got back from the parks and had a great time, but it did feel a bit weird not having a night time show to end the day. I was impressed by IOA a great deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom