United Parks announces the closure of Scorpion.

SaveDinosaur

Original Poster
United Parks (the owner of Busch Gardens and SeaWorld) has announced that the beloved attraction Scorpion will close on September 2nd. It's really sad that they are closing such a historic ride for the park, especially so quickly, without giving anyone enough time to properly prepare for it...

meme.jpeg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, they announced on the 24th for a closure on the 2nd.
It’s been common knowledge before they announced
Which row did you find to be the worst? I never thought that Scorpion was that rough, especially after having ridden the original Gwazi and the Matterhorn.
I didn’t ride on our last visit since I knew how bad it was. My partner did and said never again ! But I get your fondness; it was my first ever looping coaster in 1990.

SaveDinosaur

Original Poster
It’s been common knowledge before they announced

I didn’t ride on our last visit since I knew how bad it was. My partner did and said never again ! But I get your fondness; it was my first ever looping coaster in 1990.
I think what caught me by surprise was that I believed Kumba would be replaced first, especially since Pantopia already got Phoenix Rising this year and Kumba has been on the removal list every year since 2019. I had also heard from people I know on the inside that management is still keen on removing it.

SaveDinosaur

Original Poster
My first looping roller coaster was Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, which is probably one of the reasons why Aerosmith is my favorite band 🤣. But I grew up riding Scorpion, and it’s really sad to see it close.

cheezbat

Rode it again today for the last time. Still as smooth as ever. I don’t get how anyone finds this painful. Kumba was a far rattlier ride today…and so was the new one Phoenix Rising. (B&M, what is going on with you guys? So many of your newer coasters opening with rattles…Pipeline, Banshee, new Hulk, Iron Menace, Penguin Trek, now this?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom