Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

bullsforthewin

I don't know what's bad about teenagers in Disney. Never once have I experienced any rowdy or disruptive teenagers in Disney. Maybe in my local Six Flags, but never in Disney.

Edit: I see you're joking. I guess I'm just a little biased and had to jump in on that comment, seeing as I am a teenager myself :)

Most teenagers are fine...occasionally you would get those kids with attitudes that think it is funny to swear while in the parks or act like jerks to the CMs

disney fan 13

it seems that Universal Orlando is making a announcement on January 24th so let's see what they say...:xmas::)

also this is from screamscape '' A few interesting new items have come to light regarding the new Despicable Me attraction at Universal Studios Florida. According to an interesting bit of descriptive text sent my way, the new 3D adventure ride will feature a new HD digital projection system, fog / smoke effects as well as something described as a “drop-away floor”. It’s that last item that has me scratching my head a bit, as I’m not exactly sure just what a drop-away floor would be for, as guests ride in motion-based pods, unless this particular effect is something unique for the pre-show experience perhaps. Anyone know more?''

Univsersal knows how to refurb

WorldofMotion34

it seems that Universal Orlando is making a announcement on January 24th so let's see what they say...:xmas::)

also this is from screamscape '' A few interesting new items have come to light regarding the new Despicable Me attraction at Universal Studios Florida. According to an interesting bit of descriptive text sent my way, the new 3D adventure ride will feature a new HD digital projection system, fog / smoke effects as well as something described as a “drop-away floor”. It’s that last item that has me scratching my head a bit, as I’m not exactly sure just what a drop-away floor would be for, as guests ride in motion-based pods, unless this particular effect is something unique for the pre-show experience perhaps. Anyone know more?''

Yes they do, I still have some bitter feelings about the SM refurb.

WorldofMotion34

Yes they do, that SM refurb still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

disney fan 13

anyone who is wondering harry potter phase 2 is project 722

demopermit.jpg

plus this Sarah Marshall
Project 722
Universal Orlando
September 2011 – Present (4 months) Shepperton Studios- UK
Art Dept Assistant

Art Department Assistant
Warner Bros. Pictures
February 2007 – January 2008 (1 year) London, Royaume-Uni
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (D. Yates) - Art Department

Assistant Art Dept Assistant
Warner Bros. Pictures
July 2006 – September 2006 (3 months) London, Royaume-Uni
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Nicholas Henderson
Art Director, 'Project 722'
Universal Pictures Group UK
September 2011 – Present (4 months) London
Art Director, 'Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows 1 & 2' (Feature, Dir. D. Yates/Des. S. Craig)
Warner Bros. Studios
September 2008 – April 2010 (1 year 8 months) Leavesden Studios, Londo

Gary Tomkins

Art Director
Project 722
September 2011 – Present (4 months) Shepperton Film Studios

Art Director The Harry Potter films
Warner Bros. Pictures
March 2000 – April 2010 (10 years 2 months)

Julia Dehoff-Bourne

Draughtsperson
'Project 722' at Universal Studios
November 2011 – Present (2 months)

Props Draughtsman, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2' (Feature Films)
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
September 2008 – August 2009 (1 year)

Draughtsman, 'Strongarm' (Harry Potter Theme Park Orlando USA)
April 2007 – July 2007 (4 months)

As you can see, all four of these people have worked on at least one of the Harry Potter films, and one of them even worked on "Project Strongarm", which was the code name
for harry potter land . It would only seem logical, given the people involved and their previous work, that project 722 is also Harry Potter related.

credit to HHN.com
also... any vaults named 722 that are significant

novawildcat18

anyone who is wondering harry potter phase 2 is project 722

demopermit.jpg

plus this Sarah Marshall
Project 722
Universal Orlando
September 2011 – Present (4 months) Shepperton Studios- UK
Art Dept Assistant

Art Department Assistant
Warner Bros. Pictures
February 2007 – January 2008 (1 year) London, Royaume-Uni
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (D. Yates) - Art Department

Assistant Art Dept Assistant
Warner Bros. Pictures
July 2006 – September 2006 (3 months) London, Royaume-Uni
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Nicholas Henderson
Art Director, 'Project 722'
Universal Pictures Group UK
September 2011 – Present (4 months) London
Art Director, 'Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows 1 & 2' (Feature, Dir. D. Yates/Des. S. Craig)
Warner Bros. Studios
September 2008 – April 2010 (1 year 8 months) Leavesden Studios, Londo

Gary Tomkins

Art Director
Project 722
September 2011 – Present (4 months) Shepperton Film Studios

Art Director The Harry Potter films
Warner Bros. Pictures
March 2000 – April 2010 (10 years 2 months)

Julia Dehoff-Bourne

Draughtsperson
'Project 722' at Universal Studios
November 2011 – Present (2 months)

Props Draughtsman, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2' (Feature Films)
September 2008 – August 2009 (1 year)

Draughtsman, 'Strongarm' (Harry Potter Theme Park Orlando USA)
April 2007 – July 2007 (4 months)

As you can see, all four of these people have worked on at least one of the Harry Potter films, and one of them even worked on "Project Strongarm", which was the code name
for harry potter land . It would only seem logical, given the people involved and their previous work, that project 722 is also Harry Potter related.

credit to HHN.com
also... any vaults named 722 that are significant

Well the Sorcerer's Stone was in Vault 713. Maybe the 700's are the high security vaults?

novawildcat18

what was the kill voldermort thing in

"The high security of this vault suggests that it is even deeper underground than Vault 713, which also had to be accessed by cart and by a goblin employee, but did not have any kind of creature guarding it."

Direct from the Harry Potter Wiki. Makes sense. Assuming that you are talking about the goblet of Helga Hufflepuff (a horcrux).

disney fan 13

"The high security of this vault suggests that it is even deeper underground than Vault 713, which also had to be accessed by cart and by a goblin employee, but did not have any kind of creature guarding it."

Direct from the Harry Potter Wiki. Makes sense. Assuming that you are talking about the goblet of Helga Hufflepuff (a horcrux).

yes but had a brain fart and forgot the name. makes sense since the gringots ride it is in a cart:)

Captain Chaos

DF13, another great find, but this is kind of old news on other sites... I am not sure if anything has been posted on WDWMagic or not about that though so thanks from bringing that here... Anyway, to further speculate:

Interesting bit of information: Google Project 722 and Universal, and you can find the people involved in this project and their LinkedIn profiles... These people were involved in the original plans for Wizarding World of Harry Potter...

Also, a friend of mine, who I was discussing with this last night, told me to look at page 722 in Deathly Hallows... And what do I read?? Dumbledore telling Harry they are at... KING'S CROSSING.. which is rumored to be part of the Potter expansion on Jaws' former site...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom