Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

c-one

still a kid ride

But it's hardly a marquee ride -- it's just thrown in there to give the kids something to do. One thing Disney does well is that it's got enough of the marquee rides that the whole family can ride, together. Rides like Toy Story Mania, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Soarin, and it looks like Radiator Springs Racers might fit into that category too. Even Tower of Terror I'd consider less extreme and wider-appealing than both the old and upcoming Potter rides.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Different companies. If I remember right the Sorting Hat at FJ was Advanced Animations for example. Sometimes we go to Attraction Services. Kongfrontation was Sequoia. Other companies like Lifeformations are also used. Imhotep was fabricated by a film production company that went out of business. Triceratops Encounter AAs were built by a company in Canada. The closest to Disney quality would probably be Advanced Animation's product.

Compliance is very much in the software and Disney has made it very difficult to duplicate legally. They are making a big mistake in my opinion by allowing Garner to fabricate the A100s. That is in the works now and once they teach Garner they will be giving up a huge advantage. Contractually Garner won't be able to build them for anyone else but Disney should know very well how those types of legal issues can be worked around.

There are some other companies that are doing some amazing work in Animatronics (there is one in Japan that can produce as good or better than A100s) that several of us are trying to get on Universal's bid list.

Interesting stuff, thanks.

I'm surprised that the compliance engineering has not become standard by now. Agreed on your comments on Garner. I wasn't aware that A100s were heading out of house as well.

The Imhotep is the worst of the bunch for me. That thing wobbles around like crazy.

disney fan 13

But it's hardly a marquee ride -- it's just thrown in there to give the kids something to do. One thing Disney does well is that it's got enough of the marquee rides that the whole family can ride, together. Rides like Toy Story Mania, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Soarin, and it looks like Radiator Springs Racers might fit into that category too. Even Tower of Terror I'd consider less extreme and wider-appealing than both the old and upcoming Potter rides.

still, i am glad that universal pursues more thrilling ( themed ) rides, to be honest.but there still is some stuff younger kids can do more at US then IOA but i think IOA is meant as more of a thrill park. but not six flags but with themed thrill rides that makes me cut my disney days down heavy

P.S and because of it they steal the teen audience away from disney

c-one

still, i am glad that universal pursues more thrilling ( themed ) rides, to be honest.but there still is some stuff younger kids can do more at US then IOA but i think IOA is meant as more of a thrill park. but not six flags but with themed thrill rides that makes me cut my disney days down heavy

Universal is absolutely tops when it comes to themed thrill rides. I just think they could stand to diversify a little bit. Whoever said that Legoland should have been built at Uni had a great idea.

Horizonsfan

Interesting stuff, thanks.

I'm surprised that the compliance engineering has not become standard by now. Agreed on your comments on Garner. I wasn't aware that A100s were heading out of house as well.

The Imhotep is the worst of the bunch for me. That thing wobbles around like crazy.

The first Imhotep does get a bit shaky. However, I'd argue the ones that fall flattest are the outdoor Jurassic Park animatronics; especially the first long necked one.

Any idea who created those?

disney fan 13

looks like some progress on the new US night show

http://orlandoparksnews.blogspot.com/2011/12/universal-studios-aquatic-show-coming.html

EDIT

looks like someone forgot to put the plans back... i would suggest saving them P.S this is only half of the map, the rectangles are where the barges will go i believe.

LS-92.jpg

LS-90.jpg

wide view
LS-93.jpg

disney fan 13

I nominate DF13 as our new investigative reporter...

lol :xmas:]

what interests me is that it does not say pyro layout or light layout but fountains....

and there seems to be a lot of them

also now we know the name of the project...315P... watch the permits....\

EDIT and if anyone's interested i heard that DM's code name is project Dave

Captain Chaos

On another site I am a member of, someone took pictures of the barges and boxes that were on site where they are working on the lagoon show... AQUATIQUE SHOW was labeled on the wood... A quick YouTube search finds this:

AQUATIQUE

AQUATIQUE is a French water show company... There are many other videos of AQUATIQUE shows and they are fantastic... I don't know if this is the company Universal as working with them to produce this show... Lightbulb, can you shed some light (pun intended) if AQUATIQUE is working with Universal and if the show will be somewhat close to this little snippet??? if so, YES PLEASE!!!!

disney fan 13

On another site I am a member of, someone took pictures of the barges and boxes that were on site where they are working on the lagoon show... AQUATIQUE SHOW was labeled on the wood... A quick YouTube search finds this:

AQUATIQUE

AQUATIQUE is a French water show company... There are many other videos of AQUATIQUE shows and they are fantastic... I don't know if this is the company Universal as working with them to produce this show... Lightbulb, can you shed some light (pun intended) if AQUATIQUE is working with Universal and if the show will be somewhat close to this little snippet??? if so, YES PLEASE!!!!

most likely they are doing the actual fountains and creative makes the show

edit: in that video watch 0:15-0:18... interesting
also watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNgJYlXVRSk&feature=related

bullsforthewin

P.S and because of it they steal the teen audience away from disney

Less Teenagers at Disney? YES PLEASE, can DIsney give Uni all the Brazillions too? :ROFLOL:

bullsforthewin

teenager's grow into adults, and they keep there theme park resort preference

I was joking...but you are partially correct. I do know that plenty of people who liked IoA as a teen and hated Disney now love Disney more since they grew up and gained maturity, insight and some a family lol. Just because teens like Universal know it does not mean they will like it when they are Adults...

novawildcat18

Less Teenagers at Disney? YES PLEASE, can DIsney give Uni all the Brazillions too? :ROFLOL:

I don't know what's bad about teenagers in Disney. Never once have I experienced any rowdy or disruptive teenagers in Disney. Maybe in my local Six Flags, but never in Disney.

Edit: I see you're joking. I guess I'm just a little biased and had to jump in on that comment, seeing as I am a teenager myself :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom