Uni Day Plan

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all

I’m curious to know what your 1 day 2 Park Uni touring plans are. What do you find is the best plan of attack to maximize the day? It’s just DH and I, going on a Wednesday in May. Not staying at a Uni resort and we get an express pass.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Wednesday in May with express? Relax and tour as you please. It is a great time to be there and crowds will not be an issue.

f7FdEdG.jpg

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Regardless of crowds and the pass, I guess I’m more curious about how everyone tours the parks. Where do you go first? What makes most sense touring logistically and efficiently? The crowd level combined with the pass will make for easy navigation I am confident.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Regardless of crowds and the pass, I guess I’m more curious about how everyone tours the parks. Where do you go first? What makes most sense touring logistically and efficiently? The crowd level combined with the pass will make for easy navigation I am confident.

Universal and Islands are very easy to get around, if you have express it doesn't even matter which park you start at. If I was visiting for the first time I'd probably start my day at Islands, turn left at the fork towards Hulk and work my way back to Seuss land. Once I'm finished with Seuss I'd backtrack a bit to the train and head over to Universal. After getting off the train, turn left and head into Diagon Alley and then continue to work the park clockwise until you've finished all of the rides on the Universal side.

That could take more than one day with express, if it spills over I'd start where I left off the day before and then head back to re-visit things that you wanted to do a second time.

JoeCamel

Universal and Islands are very easy to get around, if you have express it doesn't even matter which park you start at. If I was visiting for the first time I'd probably start my day at Islands, turn left at the fork towards Hulk and work my way back to Seuss land. Once I'm finished with Seuss I'd backtrack a bit to the train and head over to Universal. After getting off the train, turn left and head into Diagon Alley and then continue to work the park clockwise until you've finished all of the rides on the Universal side.

That could take more than one day with express, if it spills over I'd start where I left off the day before and then head back to re-visit things that you wanted to do a second time.
^^^^^^ Ding, ding, ding!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IOA to the left will be a great coaster (not disneyfied!) the best ride in Orlando (for many years now), two water rides, best queue (maybe FoP is better, have not been yet) another water ride but not very wet, all of Hogsmeade/Hogwarts/game changing ride ( the land changed how themed lands are done), a forgettable show/forgettable walkthrough with one very cool effect then Seuss land where you can travel back to your childhood with the Doctor.
Plan the wet rides for when you want to get wet or take a change of clothes and a towel.
Fair warning, otherwise just enjoy and do the ones you like more than once.

In between the rides are areas to explore but if you only have one day you have to pick rides or touring. Too much to do it all.

Then you go to London/DA and spend as much time as you can. I suggest not trying to "do" everything in one day. You will miss most of the pleasure that is Universal.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
^^^^^^ Ding, ding, ding!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

IOA to the left will be a great coaster (not disneyfied!) the best ride in Orlando (for many years now), two water rides, best queue (maybe FoP is better, have not been yet) another water ride but not very wet, all of Hogsmeade/Hogwarts/game changing ride ( the land changed how themed lands are done), a forgettable show/forgettable walkthrough with one very cool effect then Seuss land where you can travel back to your childhood with the Doctor.
Plan the wet rides for when you want to get wet or take a change of clothes and a towel.
Fair warning, otherwise just enjoy and do the ones you like more than once.

In between the rides are areas to explore but if you only have one day you have to pick rides or touring. Too much to do it all.

Then you go to London/DA and spend as much time as you can. I suggest not trying to "do" everything in one day. You will miss most of the pleasure that is Universal.

Completely agree with everything here. I forgot about planning for the wet rides, it's way too cold here right now to think about them! :D

@OP, definitely just take your time and enjoy everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom