Underrated Rides You Like

Chef Mickey

I think many people "don't like" certain rides because of our society today. Instant gratification, thrill seeking, 0 attention span, and everything has to be in your face or "interactive." Sitting back and enjoying the show are things of the past.

Universe of Energy - I really love this as I've said so many times here. The dinosaurs, lighting, and subtle music during the non-Ellen parts are pretty cool.

Living with the Land - Almost still the same ride as when there were human tour guides narrating the ride. I love the music, the script, and the greenhouse portion. I love the rainforest and desert smells too.

Philarmagic - The sound and video, especially Lumiere's part are outstanding. No wait, nice and cool inside.

COP - Classic Disney. I love this ride so much and ride 5 or more times on every trip.

Great Movie Ride - Does it need some TLC? Sure, but it's fun and still a solid, well themed attraction.

Journey Into Imagination - I think this gets a horrible wrap, but it's still a fun ride with some cool effects and an upbeat message. It was bad before they re-introduced Figment and the original was the best, but it's underrated and over criticized.

People Mover - Never has a wait, relaxing, and takes you for great view around Tomorrowland. I love it just to rest and reflect on the day and life in general.

Monsters Laugh Floor - Actually very funny and not something I always did. Now, I make a point to visit a couple times per trip. It can get repetitive, but we still talk about a Jonas Brothers joke we heard...pretty funny.

American Adventure - This is one people always say they use for a nap, but it's such a well-done, classy show. It represents American nicely and takes you through history rather well. I enjoy the writing and animatronic figures. You can really tell time, love, and money went into a no expense spared show. It's well executed.

Hall of Presidents - Same as American Adventure. Amazing show, should be watched with great attention to details to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Luke Richardson

Last year I went into Hall of Presidents by myself while my wife and in-laws fought to get our kids into a great spot for the Electrical Parade. It was the most peaceful 30 minutes of my trip and for that reason, it's one of my favourite attractions...........and I'm Canadian!!!

Otterhead

The highest wait time I've ever personally seen for Muppet*Vision was 25 minutes. No one really cares about it.
That's pretty funny. Given that they've duplicated it to put it in other parks, I'd say it's pretty popular... and I've always seen it with at least half-full houses, even during the quietest times of the off season. As I say, it's one of the reasons I go to WDW in general, and when i saw it with a group of 12 (mostly newcomers) they all ranked it as one of the best things they saw on their whole trip. So...er... someone cares about it.

ChesterKiwi

That's pretty funny. Given that they've duplicated it to put it in other parks, I'd say it's pretty popular... and I've always seen it with at least half-full houses, even during the quietest times of the off season. As I say, it's one of the reasons I go to WDW in general, and when i saw it with a group of 12 (mostly newcomers) they all ranked it as one of the best things they saw on their whole trip. So...er... someone cares about it.
I must go at the worst times then, because I always wind up in shows with people snoozing and maybe 20 people in the entire theater.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I wouldn't say people hate these attractions, but they definitely are underrated..

MK -
Laugh Floor Comedy Club
TTA Peoplemover
Hall of Presidents

EPCOT -
Ellen's Energy Adventure (The attraction it's supposed to be. Not the shape that it's in currently.)
O' Canada

HS -
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

AK -
Flights of Wonder
Finding Nemo: The Musical

MK
Tikki Room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress

HS
One Mans Dream
Great Movie Ride
Animation Studio

Epcot
Living With The Land
O' Canada
Captain EO

AK
Finding Nemo

People Mover is always a good ride. You get to take the time to sit back and look around Tomorrowland.

Gran Fiesta is another one. I'm a big Donald fan. And my youngest daughter loves the ride.

216bruce

MK- Philharmagic- quintessential Disney
Laugh Floor- Always makes us laugh. Buddy Boyle and Sam and Ella RULE!
Epcot- Three Caballeros- This would be a GREAT ride if it had an AA of the three of them instead of just a film loop at the end of the ride. There's even a stage just the right size.
Mission Space- As mentioned earlier, I don't get the hate. It's tremendous even in it's "not as rough" version. Yes, the current "rough" side is scaled back from it's initial version. Never been on the "easy" side.
DHS- One Man's Dream- I can spend way too much time in there- just ask the missus.
Muppetvision 3D- A must for us on every trip
AK- Flights of Wonder- Please don't go to this show. We appreciate the room and lack of crowding!
Jungle Trek and Pangani Forest Trail- simply the best animal habitats and displays outside of the wild that I've ever seen.

Honorary mention- The boat ride from WL or FW to MK. Beautiful, relaxing and a magical way to get to the park.

TB4244

I'm going to echo the support for Ellens Energy Adventure. Yes, its tired and needs a serious amount of love to restore it, but I don't want to see it go. Its a must do every visit for me, despite the usual protests I get but hey I sit through the personal hell which is IASW, so fairs fair.

I also agree about One Mans Dream, its well worth visiting especially in a park that has very few attractions left.

Chef Mickey

I'm going to echo the support for Ellens Energy Adventure. Yes, its tired and needs a serious amount of love to restore it, but I don't want to see it go. Its a must do every visit for me, despite the usual protests I get but hey I sit through the personal hell which is IASW, so fairs fair.

I also agree about One Mans Dream, its well worth visiting especially in a park that has very few attractions left.
Not to start a rant on something so minor, but I've seen this a lot here. "Few attractions left" as if it's continually losing them. When MGM was first opened, I think the Great Movie Ride was the only real "Ride." DHS has really only gained attractions over time and has never been about "rides." It's been more about shows, most of which it still has, plus newer ones in Lights Motors Action and Disney Junior.

We got ToT and RnR. Toy Story was added. Star Tours was updated.

The only things I can think of that they've completely abandoned are the Backlot Tour and Sounds Dangerous/American Idol. There also used to be a great Hunchback of Notre Dame show. The net positive definitely outweighs what we've lost. There are probably a few others, but from an attractions perspective, time has actually increased the offerings.

Last edited:

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Living With the Land. Yes, a simple boat ride through a greenhouse, but I love it to bits.

Gran Fiesta Tour. There are those who hate the fact that Donald and his friends are in this. Those people quite possibly have no souls, because Donald Duck is awesome.

I came to post these exact two rides. I miss the ol' El Rio Del Tiempo (I have the song on my phone and sing it in my car like a loser), but I love me some Donald, Jose, and Panchito. I get stupidly excited for that ride. The CMs must think I'm a lunatic with my big, stupid smile every time I step onto those ugly, green boats.

Living With the Land will always be an awesome ride. I always seem to ride it right before lunch, too. There is nothing more gratifying than riding LWTL and then going straight to Sunshine Seasons for a healthy lunch.

216bruce

Not to start a rant on something so minor, but I've seen this a lot here. "Few attractions left" as if it's continually losing them. When MGM was first opened, I think the Great Movie Ride was the only real "Ride." DHS has really only gained attractions over time and has never been about "rides." It's been more about shows, most of which it still has, plus newer ones in Lights Motors Action and Disney Junior.

We got ToT and RnR. Toy Story was added. Star Tours was updated.

The only things I can think of that they've completely abandoned are the Backlot Tour and Sounds Dangerous/American Idol. There also used to be a great Hunchback of Notre Dame show. The net positive definitely outweighs what we've lost. There are probably a few others, but from an attractions perspective, time has actually increased the offerings.
While not 'abandoned', the Animation Tour is a shadow of what it was when the studio was there that made Mulan, Lilo and Stitch and Brother Bear and added to some other features. It's pretty much a 'nothing' now. That and the loss of the "Backlot Tour" from when the studio was actively used (we saw sets from "From the Earth to the Moon" there during production and some others) really caused the place to lose, for me, it's luster as an actual working studio. Attractions and rides? Yeah, can't argue that there are more now, but a 'studio'? Not really at all. I did LOVE the Hunchback of Notre Dame show. Fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom