Underrated/Overrated Sit Downs

aw14

gotta say, from our August trip...Be Our Guest for dinner was totally overrated. Wouldn't bother doing it again for dinner. The 2 times we had lunch there was far superior.

DfromATX

I'm usually willing to cut a restaurant some slack if there's a good experience to be had there. Sci-Fi, for example, is my favorite place to go for lunch/dinner because of the unique experience even though I'm not a huge fan of the food. However, at BOG we sat in a room that had almost no theming, so all the "amazing, immersive theming" I'd heard about was another thing missing from the meal. Maybe that's why I'm so bitter about it. :hilarious: I've thought about giving it another try at some point, but I have too many other places to try before that happens.

You gotta sit in the "west wing" where you'll see Beast's portrait change from Prince to Beast as the petals fall from the rose all while listening to a thunderstorm outside. We loved it! :)

DfromATX

I'm sorry to hear this about Ohana..we have reservations thre for next Thursday. I hope it i9s OK. we did have some food catered by Ohana when we did a recent fireworks cruise that was really good, so maybe we'll be lucky.

Is BOG the only restaurant that has FP+? How does that work with a restaurant? I love BOG and always try to get a seat in the West Wing ..love the dark creepiness...lol. I'd love to be able to hire out the entire restaurant for my wedding!

We like to try new places for dinner with each trip, with the exception of 'Ohana. 'Ohana is a must-do every trip! We also ate in the West Wing of BOG, loved that too! It must be really hard to get into these days, but on our last trip in 2013 I was able to get us in at a normal dinner time.

Sammy5150

We always go to Trail's End. It's a buffet. It's quite tasty and my son that has a nut allergy can eat 95% of what's on the buffet, including desserts. Last year he couldn't eat any of the desserts, so they made some changes. The place is never full, so you don't feel like you're being rushed out so the next table can sit. From my point of view it's very underrated. You can easily get a reservation for it, 20 minutes before sitting., but then again you really don't even need a reservation.
We found the same for our son with peanut allergy. liked it for that reason... but that was the only reason, well and the price, really quite cheap. Kids liked it so we were ok with the one visit. Pretty much all the food in this area is below average, Mickey's BYBBQ, Hoop Dee Doo (great, Fun show) and trail's end.

Underrated: Beaches and Cream

PoohBear512

Underrated.... Maya Grill at Coronado. I heard horrible reviews before I tried it but love Mexican so gave it a shot. There's never a wait (can always get a reservation from my experience) and the portions are huge!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom