Underrated/Overrated attractions?

Matandtrav'smom

overrated I would have to say that Pooh ride. I thought my 4 yr.old twins would love that they hated it it was too boring after Big Thunder Mountain I geuss. Underrated ? I can't think of any. Matandtravsmom

strobe

Re: Over/Under

Originally posted by Snoballego

2) Tomorrowland Transit Authority (Magic Kingdom)
My Dad always loved this and always claimed it to be his favorite, yet due to the lack of notoriety the average visitor never makes it a point to check this out.

Well, it looks like we finally agree on something. The TTA is also one of my favorite rides in all of WDW. I think the ride is a classic and it's one attraction that I would be heart broken to ever see removed. It always brings back wonderful memories of my childhood and riding the WEDway with my family.

The Land (EPCOT) I am not saying The Land is a bad attraction. I just think it is very unworthy of being a fast pass attraction. When the title of fast pass attraction was given to this ride, it instantly became over-rated.

And that didn't last long, because I'm going to totally disagree with you on this one. I think this is about the best ride in EPCOT (Epcot these days). To me, it's fascinating, and it seems like it's in line with Walt Disney's vision for the park. I will agree that portions of the Land pavillion are overrated, but I really, REALLY, like the ride.

Brett

Underrated: Magic of Disney Animated (This walkthrough gives you great insight on what the animators truly do and it never has a line. Always overlooked)

Overrated: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (It's worse than the crowd gives it. I love the theming, I love the ride, but at the same time, it's hyped more than it truly is)

WDWJunkie

Banned
Most Overrated Attractions:

Alien Encounter - The idea is good, the execution is terrible. This attraction just does not live up to ANY of the hype it's given. The alien is just unconvincing, the thrill/chill factor is extremely low, and I didn't care for it.

Living With the Land - I have no clue why this is a FastPass attraction. I went on this ride just once, which was all it took for me to see how incredibly boring and uninteresting it is.

World Showcase - Sure, the idea of educating people about the cultures and life in various countries of the world is an interesting idea, but I get bored to tears when I walk through this section of Epcot. It's incredibly boring and what little rides can be found here aren't really worth seeing. I skip this section of Epcot knowing full well what I'm passing up.

Splash Mountain - Sure, it has great theming, but half the time there are any number of animatronics that aren't working and at the end, it's a gussied-up log flume ride. The theming is great, the ride is just ho-hum.

Most Underrated Attractions:

Tomorrowland Transit Authority - To me, this is the most relaxing ride in all of WDW. I can ride it over and over and not get tired of it. It's just an awesome way to get off your feet while still taking in an attraction, and a great way to kill time while waiting to use a FastPass. I'm actually kind of glad it's underrated because it keeps the long lines down.

MuppetVision 3D - I know a lot of people are aware of this great attraction, but others may tend to avoid it because its the Muppets and may seem like a silly kiddy show. But it's not...it's great fun for adults and children and you'll come away smiling and looking forward to another go.

midnightstar17

UNDERATED:
MK: TTA- it's nice and relaxing, good way to get away from the crowds
Epcot: Spaceship earth- nice, realxing and informative, PLEASE DON"T CHANGE IT!!
MGM: Beauty and the Beast- I LOVED this show!
AK: Festival of the lion king- Once again I LOVED this show!
OVERATED:
MK: Space Mountain: For me it just not very exciting!
Epcot: Test Track- Once again I didn't find it all that exciting
MGM: Backlot Tour- MaMaybe it was becuazse it was raining the whole time but I thought this was so boring!
AK: Prmaveral Whirl: WHAT IS THIS THING! It was complety stupid!

WDW John

Originally posted by WDWJunkie

Living With the Land - I have no clue why this is a FastPass attraction. I went on this ride just once, which was all it took for me to see how incredibly boring and uninteresting it is.

Uninteresting? How can you say that about a 9 pound lemon? :)

maelstrom

Originally posted by WDWJunkie

Most Underrated Attractions:

Actually, sometimes Living With The Land gets a really long line. I know because I've waited on it. I think a lot of people find monster fruits and veggies interesting. But I guess farming isn't everyone's thing. But it's nice to get off your feet and into the air conditioning for a few minutes during those hot summer months. :)

FigmentJedi

Overated: Illuminations
It's just an overglorifyed fireworks show but it is a good overglorified fireworks show
Bring backs: JII and Horizons I never got to ride them:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom