Underrated/Overrated attractions?

Toy Trumpet

Underrated
- American Adventure (what a montage, and the animatronics are superb)
- Magic of Disney Animation Tour (informative, entertaining, and the cast are so knowlegable)
- TTA (although I'll always call it the PeopleMover!)
- Timekeeper (Robin Williams, Rhea Pearlman, Jeremy Irons, et al are terrific; only CircleVision attraction I truly enjoy)
- Great Movie Ride (some of the best storytelling at the parks)
- Cranium Command (piloting a chicken? need I say more?)

Overrated
- Test Track (everytime it gets exciting, it slows down; some of the coolest effects like the crash test car no longer work)
- Alien Encounter (most definitly not a repeater; bring on Stitch!)
- Tom Sawyer's Island (I just have never gotten this one)
- Fantasmic (again, the repeatability issue)

Gone, but sorely missed
- Skyway, HORIZONS!!!, World of Motion, Journey into Imagination, Superstar Television (needed updated, not removed), Monster Sound Show (not the best thing ever, but far superior to Drew Carrey)

Sorry if this was too long, but I wnated to throw in my 85 cents!
:D

BigNorm

Most Underrated Attraction(s) - TTA, Journey Into Your Imagination w/ Figment and Primeval Whirl
This was easily a tie between three attractions. I would easily consider them to be among my all-time favourite attractions.
Honourable Mention - Sonny Eclipse @ Cosmic Ray's
Though not really considered an attraction per se, the stage show at Cosmic Ray's featuring Sonny Eclipse is a great way to spend you lunch hour.

Most Overrated Attraction - Test Track
I figured this wasn't going to be anything special when it opened later than it was originally scheduled. It's fun to ride, but not really worth the hype.
Dis-Honourable Mention - The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
Not fun at all for the little, little ones, and, personally speaking, not that fun for the big ones either.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Under: Cranium Command, Food Rocks, Living Seas

Over: Most of the dark rides. I love them all, but they're so short! I sometimes feel that even though a trip would not be the same with out going on them, that waiting an hour for a 2 and a 1/2 minute ride is pointless.

NakedMickey

Overrated:
- I agree with those of you who have said Test Track. It was fun the first time I rode it, but then I got to thinking how world of motion was so much more fun. I also got to thinking how I go faster in my car speeding down I-4. Now that's one heck of a ride!

- Maybe not rated at all but Body Wars has to be by far one of the worst attractions ever conceived.

- Small World just one word: Annoying

Underrated:
- When it existed I thought Kitchen Kabaret was just the coolest show around.

- I always thought American Adventure was just incredible.

- The old Tiki Room was awesome. The new one is alright, but Gilbert Godfried's voice sometimes just makes me sick.

-Spaceship Earth. Just a cool darkride. I also may hold some bias because my boyfriend proposed to me on this ride!

Overrated Award definately goes to Test Crap.. it was ok the first time i rode it in 2000(before they lessened the effects on the ride) but now it's just pointless.. nothing new, kinda gets boring after a while.. definately NOT a good replacement for WoM which could actually entertain you at least twice.

Underrated, hmm.. i'd say TTA, CoP, SE, and Skyway when it was still open..

T1nker_Bell

Overrated:
Alien Encounter
I found this ride to be strange and stupid. It was dark and unpleasant. I found it to be a complete waste of my time.

Tiki Rooms
This attraction is bizzare and boring. I just cannot stand it.

Kali River Rapids
This ride may be fun for preschoolers who think its a real thrill. However, the thrill is marginal as are the special effects, especially compared to splash mountain and big thunder mountain.

Underrated:
The Timekeeper
This show is interesting, entertaining, educational and loads of fun. The only negative aspect is you have to stand up. However, its worth standing up.

Circle of Life Theater
I found this show to be enlightening and very entertaining. It was educational without being boring.

Shaman

First off, I think that Animal Kingdom itself is underrated, I mean this park doesn't have alot of rides but its so refreshing everytime you go (you see something new each time), the animal exhibits are real cool and the safari is the best ride at the park (waiting for Forbidden Mountain though:lookaroun )sometimes you get real close to the animals.

Underrated Ride(s):

TTA, SE, CoP

Overrated Ride(s):

Pooh, Jungle Cruise, and yes Test Track (but hey they're always packed, so I guess not everyone feels this way)

KEEPERS: (But for how long?)

One Man's Dream (love the models and the stories)
CoP (don't take it down)

Bring them back:

Horizons!!!!!!
Old JIYI

Just some thoughts:wave: .

ISTCrew20

Underated---El rio del tiempo ( mexico boat ride)---even though this is the sorriest Disney ride ever thought up. There is a tremendos amount of theming invloved in it
---All of AK--its just really nice there

Overated--Dreamcatchers--45 Minutes to be rescued by onstar from Judy. Its crazy
Alien encounter--I liked it, and can do it numerous times, but i think they could have made it ALOT better

frozenjill

We just got back from WDW after our 1st visit in years, so I saw many things for the first time on the recommendation of others.

Overrated
Fantasmic - was OK, but not worth the uncomfortable 1 1/2 hour wait, and my kids had trouble following the story.

Dinosaur - was OK, but not as WOW! as I had expected.

Backlot tour - what a waste of time.

Underrated
Like as somebody already said - All of Animal Kingdom. The whole park is awesome.

Epcot - people say it's boring, but it's my family's favorite. There is something for everyone (even my 4 year old loved it) and you can learn things, too!

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by Dreamflight4Eva
I have to agree that both Food Rocks are TTA are highly underrated! TTA is one of my favorite attractions, which I usually ride around 10 times each trip I make to disney. It's a nice way to relax and sit in the shade after walking around the parks all day.

Carousel Of Progress too, I believe to be underrated. I sure love that silly song!!

And, personally, I believe the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride is one of the most overrated in any park

Absolutely! I love TTA.. and it's great to ride that after youve walked around for 6 hours.. a nice relaxing ride

maelstrom

mr. toad r0x everyones socks. that was one of my favourite rides. i cant believe its gone! horizons was my absolute favourite ride. the original journey into imagination was so great. the new one stinks, in my opinion. spaceship earth is so underrated. and the tiki room! oh, i cant think of anymore.

i think astrojets (or whatever theyre calling it these days) is overrated, even though it is pretty cool. i cant think of anything else.

i was not of much help. :(

conntom

To me Overrated is Test Track I drive a car every day big deal
so what do I learn how to go fast boring.....

underrated is Carousel of Progress now with this ride you learn
how things were way back when

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by conntom
To me Overrated is Test Track I drive a car every day big deal
so what do I learn how to go fast boring.....

underrated is Carousel of Progress now with this ride you learn
how things were way back when

I think you are the only person that doesnt like TT
lol

Nansafan

Opinions are like noses, everyone's got one. We love the Jungle Cruise (got to drive the boat this past Christmas)

But I digress ...

Underrated
TTA, CoP

Overrated
Alien Encounter and Kali (one trip, we rode it and I the only part of me that got wet was by back side cause the seat was already wet. For a soakin' definitely try Popeye/Bluto ride at Islands of Adventure.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom