Undercover Tourist E-tickets

zeedan

Original Poster
We have e-tickets from Undercover Tourist set to begin on 4/5/20. Apparently the fine print on the e-ticket purchase says no refunds. Has anyone ever had to deal with U/T to try to get a refund? Anyone else similarly situated?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
From their website:

Update on Orlando Theme Park Operations
Walt Disney World® Resort will temporarily close beginning March 16. The theme park anticipates being closed through the end of March. Walt Disney World® Resort hotels will remain open until further notice. Disney Springs will also remain open.

Undercover Tourist Policies for Walt Disney World® Resort:

• Tickets don't lose their value. If you have bought a date-specific ticket, you can change your dates to use at a later time. The easiest way to change your dates is through the My Disney Experience app.
  • If you have planned to arrive from a country impacted by the travel ban, we will provide a 100% refund on your tickets. Please contact our customer service team with your order number at info@undercovertourist.com and we can assist you. Thank you for your patience as we work through refunds as quickly as possible.
Universal Orlando Resort will temporarily close beginning Sunday, March 15. The theme park anticipates being closed through the end of March. Universal Orlando hotels and Universal CityWalk® will remain open.
Most Universal Orlando Resort tickets are valid up to 12 months from order date. Please see specific tickets for details.

dr_seeker

I have recieved a refund from UCT as a ONE TIME courtesy! I am sure if they can't refund they will give you an alternative option...THEY ARE GREAT TO WORK WITH IN SITUATIONS LIKE THIS! Just call and explain!

How have you been able to call? I can't get through.

yensid67

Undercouvertoruist Phone Number FROM BLOG...(800)846-1302

Helpful Information If You Have Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort tickets don't lose their value. If you have bought a date-specific ticket, you can change your dates to use at a later time. The easiest way to change your dates is through the My Disney Experience app.

• Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period between March 12, 2020, through March 31, 2020, will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit before December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date through My Disney Experience.
  • For impacted March visits, there may be some delay before you see an updated expiration date or the ability to change your date in My Disney Experience.
  • Once your ticket has been automatically extended for use through December 15, you may select a new start date in My Disney Experience and begin the FastPass+ reservation process. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of check-in for their entire length of stay (up to 14 days), while guests staying off-site can make reservations up to 30 days in advance of each day of their theme park visit.
  • Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours and Disney Villains After Hours from March 16 through March 31 will be automatically refunded.
Most Universal Orlando Resort tickets are valid up to 12 months from order date. If you have a promo ticket with “3rd Park Free”, the expiration will change from 5/22/20 to 12/18/20. Please see specific tickets for details.

Most LEGO Florida tickets are also valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Please see ticket details for more information.

Most SeaWorld Entertainment (SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens) tickets are valid for one year from date of purchase. Guests who have purchased tickets for Discovery Cove from March 16 through March 31 will be automatically refunded. Guests who have purchased Quick Queue tickets for SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa from March 16 through March 31 will be automatically refunded. Please see ticket details for more information.

We have taken care of hundreds of millions of families for over 20 years and we will continue to do that now. Please bear with us as we work through all the updates coming to our team right now.

Keep hopping!

Keep hopping, Leap!

Undercover Tourist Policies:

• Tickets don't lose their value. If you have bought a date-specific ticket, you can change your dates to use at a later time. The easiest way to change your dates is through the My Disney Experience app.
  • Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period between March 12, 2020, through March 31, 2020, will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit before December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date through My Disney Experience.
  • For impacted March visits, there may be some delay before you see an updated expiration date or the ability to change your date in My Disney Experience.
  • Once your ticket has been automatically extended for use through December 15, you may select a new start date in My Disney Experience and begin the FastPass+ reservation process. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of check-in for their entire length of stay (up to 14 days), while guests staying off-site can make reservations up to 30 days in advance of each day of their theme park visit.
  • Guests who have purchased tickets for Disney After Hours and Disney Villains After Hours from March 16 through March 31 will be automatically refunded. You do not need to contact us for this request.
  • If you have planned to arrive from a country impacted by the travel ban, we will provide a 100% refund on your tickets. Please contact our customer service team with your order number at info@undercovertourist.com and we can assist you. Thank you for your patience as we work through refunds as quickly as possible.

The Mom

Premium Member
Any updates? It's possible that no one has gotten a refund, or very few people posting here use this service.

zeedan

Original Poster
Has anyone tried to get a refund from Undercover Tourist? Tried to call them but just keep getting a busy signal.

dr_seeker

Has anyone tried to get a refund from Undercover Tourist? Tried to call them but just keep getting a busy signal.

You've gotta email them with you reservation/order number.

I didn't ask to refund my e-tickets, but my resort reservations showed up in my credit card statement as being refunded.

Mander

In the Parks
No
Someone in one of the Facebook groups I'm in appears to have gotten a refund.

Our trip wasn't until May 2-9, so waiting for what I'm sure will be an extension of the closure before we can do anything. We have regular park tickets and one Disney After Hours ticket through UT.

zeedan

Original Poster
sent an email and got a quick (automated?) response that they are reviewing my request to cancel the ticket order.

zeedan

Original Poster
So if you get electronic tix through Undercover Tourist they will not give you a refund, blaming on Disney indicating that is Disney's policy. In light of the events occurring, all of these trips should be fully refundable. It sounds as though I could more easily to get reimbursed for our soon-to-be-but-probably-won't Disney World trip by getting sick and making a claim under the trip insurance than by trying to get Disney World/Undercover Tourist and the airlines to loosen their policies and just give everyone a full cash refund for these prepaid trips. No hassles at all from car rental or hotels. so maybe I'll just go to our local hospital and volunteer to work with the virus patients.

Whippet Mom

We have e-tickets from Undercover Tourist set to begin on 4/5/20. Apparently the fine print on the e-ticket purchase says no refunds. Has anyone ever had to deal with U/T to try to get a refund? Anyone else similarly situated?
We got a refund less 5% fee for our tickets, they were actual tickets & we were within the 90 day window. They were date specific tickets. Though I was not pleased with the fee I understand they are likely taking a big financial hit right now. We don't know when we will rebook so I thought it better to return them than change the dates. Who knows when all this will blow over. Having a compromised immune system it could be a year before we return..

Last edited:

Whippet Mom

Got this today from them:
Friends, thank you for your patience as we serve you during this unprecedented time.

We will take care of EVERYONE in this difficult time! We understand the urgency and concern surrounding your travel plans, we want to reassure you that we will help you as quickly as we can.

Your tickets will not lose their value! Travel windows and usage dates are being extended. Even if you miss your start date, we can still help you. Please see the link below to see the most up-to-date policy for each park.

READ POLICIES

Again, we are happy to help you! Please wait to contact us if your travel is more than 7 days out, as we are helping those in most need first.

We will take care of your request. You do not need to worry about running out of time for us to help. Thank you for trusting us.

Milymousj

I also purchased tickets but not etickets and they start 4-15. I don’t know that we’ll get a refund but I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to change the date to use before 12-15-20 or if you can’t use by then it can be a credit applied to another ticket unless I’m reading it wrong

Milymousj

Just heard back from Undercover Tourist. They refunded 95% of the cost for the e-tickets. All-in-all, I guess its a good result.
That’s good news. I haven’t tried calling yet regarding hard tickets. I figured I’d wait a little bit for them to take care of others with sooner trips first.

zeedan

Original Poster
That’s good news. I haven’t tried calling yet regarding hard tickets. I figured I’d wait a little bit for them to take care of others with sooner trips first.
You may want to engage them via Facebook messenger. That is how I was able to finally connect with a live person and the response time was very quick. Less that 24 hrs to completely resolve the matter. You should have no problem with hard tix.

Ninja Mom

I am another person that can vouch for the great customer service that Undercover Tourist provides. I had a weird problem with my tickets for our Dec 2019 trip and they worked with me to fix it.
I'm sure that they are very busy right now so please be patient and monitor their web page for information. I have faith and confidence in them to help out people with their Undercover Tourist ticket problems. Just give it time.

~NM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom