Under appreciated restaurants

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Odd they would have enough Amarula liquor to intoxicate a person considering they serve them to children.

Last package I got from The Mara were plainly marked 'contains rum'. How much was not stated as you note it is probably minimal.

That said do you want to take a chance on a cop who 'smells alcohol on your breath'. Which was the context of my comment not that eating them was the equivalent of jello shots

Still a favorite treat

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
My only problem with the Biergarten is the communal seating. I, as a single park stormer, was seated with a family who looked at me the entire meal as if I was about to pull out an axe and start hacking. Not comfortable at all!

If you go to Germany thats exactly how the real Biergartens work seating is communal.

Otterhead

My only problem with the Biergarten is the communal seating.
I've had awesome experiences with the communal seating, striking up great conversations with families, enjoying a meal and a drink together, enjoying the music and all singing along. That said, I've also been seated with families who have remained absolutely, bizarrely silent throughout their entire meal, staring at me and my friends constantly. So you never know what you'll get :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
1. They don't have enough to intoxicate a person, unless you're somehow eating several pounds of them at once.
2. They don't serve them to children.
1. I am quite aware of that.
2. I have lost count of the number my kids have purchased and they openly serve them on the buffet at Boma.

Alyssacuse

also, the food court at Coronado Springs is really good. So many choices of all kinds. It was the first place we ever stayed at so I just figured all moderates had similar. But, really, Coronado's has many more choices I believe.

I'm so excited to hear this, I'm staying at Coronado Springs for the first time this April!

WDW_Jon

Garden grove at the swan for character buffet on selected days... 10 minute walk from world showcase so easy too.
Never too busy like most character meals so can walk up most of the time.

Pluto, goofy, chip and dale last time we were there :)

disney4life2008

The Wave has a fantastic breakfast buffet.

Trails End at Ft. Wilderness is often overlooked (though not as much as it used to be). Same food + More options as Hoop-Dee-Do

I'm a huge fan of Seasons. Even though it's quick service it's really tasty.

I hear the new Jungle cruise restaurant in MK is fantastic. Though the menu leans towards adventurous.

Maybe also consider disney springs? There's a ton of new restaurants there. Haven't been to any of them but they're probably all great.

Seasons is good but they are stingy with the amount of food

disney4life2008

My only problem with the Biergarten is the communal seating. I, as a single park stormer, was seated with a family who looked at me the entire meal as if I was about to pull out an axe and start hacking. Not comfortable at all!

I am a solo and booked but canceled. I don't want to sit with people at all.

Simba's Mom

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only solo who doesn't like communal seating. At Teppen Ado, I once got seated next to a family whose teenagers (whom I was seated next to) were obviously experiencing the worst thing possible-a vacation with the PARENTS, and then to be seated next to a stranger!! As I always say, I'd much rather be dining alone than to wish I was.

Simba's Mom

I forgot-under-appreciated restaurants-actually we enjoyed Nine Dragons and the kids might like the theming and trying to use chopsticks (they have regular silverware, but you can ask for and get chopsticks).

danyoung56

I've also been seated with families who have remained absolutely, bizarrely silent throughout their entire meal, staring at me and my friends constantly. So you never know what you'll get :)

Hence my point. I don't want to visit and take a chance that I'll be seated with one of the "good" families. It's just not worth it for me.

ynahtebwdw

We find that Mara is very sketchy when it comes to meal times, like any 'food court' setting it can be crazy busy at popular mealtimes so if you're planning a 'sit down' meal there I would bear that in mind :)

OvertheHorizon

I like the Biergarten and I intentionally booked it as a "single" so that I could enjoy interacting with others. However, the first time I was seated with a Japanese family that could speak no English. The other time (Thanksgiving Day, when I really hoped to enjoy company) I was seated with a family that was nearly finished with their meal. They left after about 10 minutes, and no one else was seated with me.

Disney5Mom

Our Grandkids like Boma, Ohana, Akershus (Princess character dinner),.They are a bit younger than your Granchildren. Older kids might like the Sci Fi diner.

21stamps

I like the Biergarten and I intentionally booked it as a "single" so that I could enjoy interacting with others. However, the first time I was seated with a Japanese family that could speak no English. The other time (Thanksgiving Day, when I really hoped to enjoy company) I was seated with a family that was nearly finished with their meal. They left after about 10 minutes, and no one else was seated with me.

This just made me sad.
Shame on the hostess. They should have sat you at a table where people had also just been seated.

21stamps

The chicken and waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hallow in MK is crazy good! It is an easily overlooked spot.
As well as the Nutella and fruit waffle! My kiddo loves it.

I don't know if this one is technically "over looked", but trader Sam's Tiki Terrace with kids is a lot of fun. Great atmosphere, ukulele player, fun fruity non alcoholic umbrella drinks, and delicious apps that you can share and make into a meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom