Under appreciated restaurants

The beast

Original Poster
I have visited WDW many times but always end up going to the same places. I am looking for suggestions for under appreciated restaurants mostly in the parks but also at the resorts that would have interesting choices for me but my 12, 10 and 9 years grandkids would also like.

kap91

The Wave has a fantastic breakfast buffet.

Trails End at Ft. Wilderness is often overlooked (though not as much as it used to be). Same food + More options as Hoop-Dee-Do

I'm a huge fan of Seasons. Even though it's quick service it's really tasty.

I hear the new Jungle cruise restaurant in MK is fantastic. Though the menu leans towards adventurous.

Maybe also consider disney springs? There's a ton of new restaurants there. Haven't been to any of them but they're probably all great.

rob0519

Without telling us what the same old places are, it's kind of difficult to suggest new ones. Sorry, but while I love the Grand Floridian Cafe, I don't see it as a place a 12, 10 and 9 year old would get excited about.

Phonedave

Strictly in the context of underated places that appeal to young kids - T-Rex. No, it is not high class dining. It is loud, it is themed, and it is a chain. However, if the kids like dinosaurs and that sort of stuff, it's for them. On the adult side, the food is suprisingly not bad. No, that is not a ringing endorsement, but it is head and shoulders above Rainforest Cafe (same company, different theme) When my kids were younger, and they wanted to go to Rainforest Cafe, I would actively discourage it. When T-Rex came around, if they wanted to go there once a trip, it was fine with me.

If your kids are extroverts and like to dance and interact with crowds, Biergarten can be a load of fun. It's a buffet, so take it for what it's worth, but the food is good and the entertainment is a load of fun - if you are not a shrinking violet.

-dave

carriebeth

We have Biergarten reservations for this Sept and haven't been there before but while its not a place I hear people clamoring for reservations for, many of our friends tell us its their favorite and every time it comes up in our Disney conversations it seems someone says they love that place.

carriebeth

also, the food court at Coronado Springs is really good. So many choices of all kinds. It was the first place we ever stayed at so I just figured all moderates had similar. But, really, Coronado's has many more choices I believe.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We have Biergarten reservations for this Sept and haven't been there before but while its not a place I hear people clamoring for reservations for, many of our friends tell us its their favorite and every time it comes up in our Disney conversations it seems someone says they love that place.

Biergarten has always been a favorite but its more adult oriented as Beer is almost a requirement for this experience. Prosit!!

Otterhead

With all the great dining options in Epcot, The Garden Grille in The Land often gets overlooked, but it's a really solid restaurant with fun character dining -- and it rotates! Kids love that place and the food is worthwhile.

Again with Epcot: since nearly every city in the US has Chinese restaurants everywhere, Nine Dragons in China isn't a lot of people's first choice for a unique experience, but I've always enjoyed my meals there.

Biergarten has always been a favorite but its more adult oriented as Beer is almost a requirement for this experience. Prosit!!
I think a lot of people pass up the Biergarten because they don't want to go to a "beer restaurant" or think German food is boring. They're passing up one of the tastier buffets in Epcot in a really beautiful setting, and a great oompah band that's been doing their thing for 30+ years. My only complaint is that I wish they had a broader beer menu! I'd like to see a better selection of German beers offered.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
With all the great dining options in Epcot, The Garden Grille in The Land often gets overlooked, but it's a really solid restaurant with fun character dining -- and it rotates! Kids love that place and the food is worthwhile.

Again with Epcot: since nearly every city in the US has Chinese restaurants everywhere, Nine Dragons in China isn't a lot of people's first choice for a unique experience, but I've always enjoyed my meals there.

I think a lot of people pass up the Biergarten because they don't want to go to a "beer restaurant" or think German food is boring. They're passing up one of the tastier buffets in Epcot in a really beautiful setting, and a great oompah band that's been doing their thing for 30+ years. My only complaint is that I wish they had a broader beer menu! I'd like to see a better selection of German beers offered.

Agree on increasing the beer selection as german food is meant to be eaten paired with good beer just a french food is meant to be paired with wine.

Its always a good time and the band is always fun.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Out of all these The Mara is probably the most under appreciated and it has a bunch of unique things on the menu like African Stew and Mulligatawny soup not to mention Zebra Domes (don't eat and drive they contain rum).
Odd they would have enough Amarula liquor to intoxicate a person considering they serve them to children.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom