Under-Appreciated Attractions

DisneyNittany

AK: The street performances are absolutely wonderful.

My favorite thing to do in DAK is grab a few beers at the Dawa Bar and take in the street performances. I can knock out FoP, Safari, and Everest first thing in the morning, and then belly up at the bar and take it all in. It's honestly one of my favorite things to do in any park.

DHS: The Echo Lake area is just pleasant to be in.

There's a theme here, but again, I like grabbing a beer or two from Tune-In Lounge towards the end of the night and sitting on the benches around Echo Lake, just taking in not only the park from that vantage point, but the details of the "apartments" in the area.

ppete1975

MK: WEDWay Peoplemover

EPCOT: I know it’s a Forum Favorite but Living With The Land is obviously tremendously underrated. Also the Circle Vision films in World Showcase.

DHS: The Echo Lake area is just pleasant to be in.

AK: The street performances are absolutely wonderful.

DL: ALL OF IT.

DCA: Monsters Inc is a really, really fun dark ride. We don’t have this one on the East Coast so it’s a must-do when we visit.
funny you say that about echo lake as i almost said the same thing but was afraid id get roasted for it not being an attraction.
At christmas the ornaments in the water and gertie make it really wonderful.
And if anyone doesnt know the significance of gertie

Gertie the Dinosaur is a 1914 animated short film by American cartoonist and animator Winsor McCay. It is the earliest animated film to feature a dinosaur. McCay first used the film before live audiences as an interactive part of his vaudeville act; the frisky, childlike Gertie did tricks at the command of her master.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
funny you say that about echo lake as i almost said the same thing but was afraid id get roasted for it not being an attraction.
At christmas the ornaments in the water and gertie make it really wonderful.
And if anyone doesnt know the significance of gertie

Gertie the Dinosaur is a 1914 animated short film by American cartoonist and animator Winsor McCay. It is the earliest animated film to feature a dinosaur. McCay first used the film before live audiences as an interactive part of his vaudeville act; the frisky, childlike Gertie did tricks at the command of her master.

Yessss. High five!!

Gertie is definitely an often overlooked, I don’t wanna say “attraction,” but novelty or feature and I don’t think people are as aware of how special she is!

SteamboatJoe

I'm a California girl, so I immediately think of Disneyland: a ride that comes to mind without is Casey Jr Circus Train. My appreciation for it is not out of nostalgia either - my family didn't ride it when I was a kid. When I was in my 20's, my husband and I had annual passes (before there were numerous options and you needed a loan to buy one!) We loved riding Casey Jr in the caboose, preferably sitting backward. Back then they ran the ride a bit faster than they do now, and especially when they only had 1 train in use, you could get some good speed going near the end of the ride. The combination of the speed, the crescendoing music, and being in the caboose was great fun! All the little kids riding thought we were strange, and were sometimes upset when we got to the caboose before them! The bonus is that during the ride you are looking down on the miniature buildings of Storybook Land Canal Boats, which I also love and could be considered an underrated attraction as well.

I think a case can be made that Casey Jr. Circus Train is one of the best all around attractions in all of the domestic parks.

And the caboose is absolutely the best. The unobstructed views of Fantasyland are absolutely spectacular. One of my favorite pictures I have ever taken at a Disney park was from the caboose...

IMG_20180622_153736.jpg

Sbk1234

Original Poster
I think a case can be made that Casey Jr. Circus Train is one of the best all around attractions in all of the domestic parks.

And the caboose is absolutely the best. The unobstructed views of Fantasyland are absolutely spectacular. One of my favorite pictures I have ever taken at a Disney park was from the caboose...

View attachment 524389
This is gorgeous!!

Pepper's Ghost

Been a LONG time since I've been to WDW, but I'm gonna tack on and add some that are not all rides. Sorry if some of my opinions or choices are outdated for some reason:
  • Agree with TTA Peoplemover! If this gets ripped out, may as well rip my heart out. I hope that rumor is wrong.
  • Not an "attraction", but relaxing at the Columbia Harbour House for lunch... EVERY DAY I spend in MK
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Can I say Spaceship Earth? I wouldn't say it's super popular, and I think most people just walk past it, but I love it
  • Mission Space... I know this is a thrill ride, but I feel like most people mildly or greatly dislike this ride. I think it's cool.

Giss Neric

Kali River Rapids would be on the top of my list. Great theming that's it. The ride is so short and you barely get wet. Why make water rides if you control the wetness? Soak em!

Goofy213

Don't know if they are considered and attraction, but I always loved the live performances. Yes all of them. From Fantasmic to the street sweepers that make artwork with a broom and water. Any park can have great rides, but not great interactions. The Jamminators, Muppets Mobile Lab, Citizens of Hollywood, Indiana Jones, Nemo, Festival of the Lion King, Happily Ever After, Voices of Liberty, Mariachi Cobre, British Invasion, Cirque Du Soleil, Hoop De Doo, Yeah Bob, The Dapper Dan's and even Sonny Eclipse. It's true what they say You don't know what your missing until it's gone.

Tealeaf

Everybody hush up about Gran Fiesta Tour, it's my go-to for a quick sit and I don't want people to discover it!
Definitely People Mover. Especially at night.
Living with the Land, I love the greenhouse stuff and I don't think the line tends to be too long.
If sitting in the Africa section Animal Kingdom or World Showcase counts as an attraction...people watching and just taking a step back!
Kidcot funstops are fun too. Hopefully they bring some markers out again soon, I colored four Duffies the one trip and got most of them stamped. I think it helps me appreciate the WS a bit better doing them.

LittleMerman

These are the under-appreciated attractions that I like!

MK
- Magic Carpets: It's def not a must-do but I do enjoy them lol. I like that you can go up and down and tilt at the same time.
- Under the Sea: One of my favorites in MK! Little Mermaid is my fave movie (can you tell lol) and the ride is so cute. It's not flawless but I love it for what it is and am surprised people hate on it so much.

Epcot
- The Seas with Nemo: This ride is always fun to me. Love the projected characters mixed with the live animals. Super relaxing and chill.

HS
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: Again, it's my fave movie so it's always fun to see it come to life. I like the lil special effects and the musical numbers are cute. I'll be sad if it leaves.

AK
- Primevil Whirl: I know it's leaving but it was still fun! Not worth a long wait but it was always a good time.
- Rivers of Light: Also leaving but I thought it was a beautiful show, especially for the Lion King edition. I never got the hate for this one either. The music was fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom