Uncle Scrooge McDuck

BigNorm

Original Poster
I have a few thoughts about Indiana Jones. Why bother setting up a new ride for a treasure seeking adventurer when they've already got one of their own in the Duck family? I love the idea of adding something new to the parcel of land behind ToonTown, how about instead of adding an Indiana Jones Adventure to the Studios add an Uncle Scrooge Adventure to ToonTown. I know, I know that wouldn't be good for children, but if they "dumbed" down Countdown to Extinction and turned it into Dinosaur they could very easily dumb down Indy and import it into the MK's ToonTown (or perhaps Adventureland, Scrooge was created to be an adventurer you know.). Besides I've never thought that the old boy has gotten enough love from the Imagineers. That's just one man's opinion, what's yours?

Cattman96

Actually, I think it is a great idea. Alot of the newer rides seem to be geared for adults more than children and this could be one they both enjoy. I say good idea!

Pongo

Actually, I think the only thing they changed about Countdown to Extinction was the name.

Nothing else about the ride was "dumbed down."

BigNorm

Original Poster
Why didn't I think of this before: Bring in Sindbad's Seven Voyages, remove Sindbad, insert Scrooge McDuck and there you have it. The only thing you would have to change is the name of the attraction. I think that would be a good fit too. Remember DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp? That would be awesome! I like that better than the Indy version.

P.S. Pongo they did water down CTX so it wasn't as rough and younger kids who saw the movie could ride the attraction too (you know how they've gotten real big on movie tie-ins lately). They also lowered the height restriction.

CaliSurfer182

An Uncle Scrooge McDuck ride would be pretty cool, I'd ride it if they made it. I think that MK (well Disney in general) needs to make more rides around Mickey and his pals.

crazycalf

that's a great idea for toon town.

but how about a duck tales dark ride. They would probably have to bring duck tales back to toon disney firts though or at least out on dvd

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
crazycalf said:
that's a great idea for toon town.

but how about a duck tales dark ride. They would probably have to bring duck tales back to toon disney firts though or at least out on dvd

A money bin with real money that you could swim through...It would be the greatest attraction at WDW ever.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ducktales Adventures. Sounds pretty cool to me! Within the ride you travel with Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey & Lewie to find the mystical treasure within also finding out Webby tagged along and somehow gets captured from the Beagle Boys and there attempts to Stop Scrooge & the Rest of the Ducktales gang. The CTX Can be the new Vehicle Gyro Gearloose created in your attempts to getting the treasure back safely.

Zed

This is one of the best ride ideas I've seen yet, and just for fun throw in good ole Launchpad McQuack controlling the CTX vehicle for a few fun crashes, that'll be sure to fire up Uncle Scrooge.

Disneyfan1981

See I was thinking more along the lines of Launchpad McQuack too! or maybe even GizmoDuck to be added make a whole DuckTales inspired ride!

LpMcQuack

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 985860" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Disneyfan1981</TD><TD class=alt2>See I was thinking more along the lines of Launchpad McQuack too! or maybe even GizmoDuck to be added make a whole DuckTales inspired ride!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I second that!

tazhughes

I have to agree, Ducktales themed with Scrooge and the gang on an adventure to get a buried treasure that sounds like fun for the whole family. Maybe Baloo and the tailspin crew could make a cameo as well.

MKCustodial

I'd rather see something Uncle Scrooge-Carl Barks oriented than DuckTales oriented. With DuckTales, you get the nephews, plus Webby and Launchpad. The toon was based on the old Carl Barks comics, which had Scrooge taking DOnald and the newphews on his adventures. So I'd rather see Donald as comic relief than Webby or Launchpad, who weren't on the comics (except on DuckTales stories).

dr_teeth90210

I love the idea of a Scrooge McDuck ride... especially one in Fantasyland.

I think it would be cool to intergrate TDL's Winnie the Pooh ride with the Scrooge theme. That way, the attraction would be accessable to everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom