Ultimate Thread About Br'er Bear's Rump

BasiltheBatLord

For some reason I've never been able to pick up on dialects in Japanese... When I went to Osaka (from Tokyo, where I was living) I didn't notice the famous Kansai-ben at all.

shambolicdefending

For some reason I've never been able to pick up on dialects in Japanese... When I went to Osaka (from Tokyo, where I was living) I didn't notice the famous Kansai-ben at all.

I didn't notice it much unless I had people point out some of the differences. I don't think it exists as much as it used to. Younger crowd seems more homogenized.

Sharon&Susan

Universal has their own version of the Brer Rabbit tales when is that getting a theme park adaption?
BRER.jpg

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Universal has their own version of the Brer Rabbit tales when is that getting a theme park adaption?
View attachment 320671
Thats what Universal is turning Jurrasic Park ride into after the Jurrassic World IP runs its course. Complete with its own "hill", called "Chicken-Pin Bump" to avoid confusing with Chickapin Hill

Rich T

Before the ride originally opened at DL, I was hoping there'd be a scene where Brer Bear actually threatened riders with his signature line, "I'm gonna knock your heads cleeeeeeeean OFF!" :D

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Before the ride originally opened at DL, I was hoping there'd be a scene where Brer Bear actually threatened riders with his signature line, "I'm gonna knock your heads cleeeeeeeean OFF!" :D
He does say "Now look! I'm gonna...owowow!" at the end with Br'er Gator. Maybe thats what hes trying to say.

Rich T

My cousin thought that was Br'er Rabbit once.
I think the DL AAs of Brer Rabbit actually look more like the Nestle's Quik Rabbit (or Bean Bunny from the Muppets) than the Song of the South character they're supposed to represent.

In other nightmare scenarios: In a future deal with General Mills, the Tiki Room will feature Sonny going cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom