Ultimate Thread About Br'er Bear's Rump

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Anyone know why Br'er Bear goes au natural in the rope trap scene on Splash Mountain? It's a detail that never made all that much sense to me.
264637459_40ab84162d.jpg

Phroobar

Maybe it's easier to fix the bear without the shirt and they leave it off between maintenance? Or there is something kinky going on between Fox and Bear?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hasn't it been this way for a long time?

Check out videos from like the 2000s and it appears to be the same. So this isn't something new.

As for why, I don't know the real reason, but I assume its to emphasize that Brer Bear is tied up by three legs.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hasn't it been this way for a long time?

Check out videos from like the 2000s and it appears to be the same. So this isn't something new.

As for why, I don't know the real reason, but I assume its to emphasize that Brer Bear is tied up by three legs.
I dunno. The Brer Bears in the other 2 have clothes on and they're in essentially the same pose

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I dunno. The Brer Bears in the other 2 have clothes on and they're in essentially the same pose

But we're speaking about Disneyland's version, not the other parks. Again all the videos I've found from the last 20 years shows the DL version the same way. So again its not something new. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that goes back to the beginning. Each version of an attraction that are in different parks have their differences. So its possible that this was one part that was "corrected" in the other versions when they were built in the other parks.

Here's a video that I found that shows a side by side of 1994 vs 2017, it shows the same thing in 1994:

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
But we're speaking about Disneyland's version, not the other parks. Again all the videos I've found from the last 20 years shows the DL version the same way. So again its not something new. I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that goes back to the beginning. Each version of an attraction that are in different parks have their differences. So its possible that this was one part that was "corrected" in the other versions when they were built in the other parks.

Here's a video that I found that shows a side by side of 1994 vs 2017, it shows the same thing in 1994:

True. I thought it was a recent thing, but its obviously not

180º

Looks like we have a bunch of inconclusive thoughts on Br’er Bear’s butt so far. Is Br’er Bear’s butt the new Main Street Cinema? We must investigate this further.

By the way, if you guys can turn this into a ten page discussion about Br’er Bear’s butt, I promise I will then go through and like every single post in this thread. (Is that abuse of the feature?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom