UK Disney Stores get a makeover

uklad79

Original Poster
Disney Store in Europe is updating the old stores, moving some to new locations & opening new sites.

LONDON - Disney has opened its first revamped Disney Store at the Lakeside Shopping Centre in Essex, featuring plasma screens, interactive performances and a comprehensive range of Disney products.
The store, which is the first of the entertainment company's UK-based "concept" outlets, will include a 10-foot high tower in the middle of the shop called the Heart of Disney, featuring a 360 degree wraparound screen, plasma televisions showcasing new Disney films and products, and LED displays telling customers what in-store events will be happening each day.

The design brief was handled by Fitch, which was asked to create a retail environment that reflected Disney's strategy for the future.
Disney said the refurbished store would promise "the magic and theatre" of the brand, while offering a more interactive experience for visitors.
The company said it planned to roll out the redeveloped stores in selected locations, and was looking at markets outside the UK, including France, Spain and Italy.
Among the other newly introduced features are an overhead moving rail with Perspex pods containing toy Disney products, including Minnie, Mickey Mouse and Winnie The Pooh, and a fibre- optic lit "Pixie Arch", framing the entrance to the store.
Disney UK said the store design would aim to give more interactivity for visitors by adding a more contemporary and cutting-edge feel to the current Disney Store format.
Teresa Tideman, joint managing director of The Disney Store, said: "The company's plans for Disney Stores across Europe are ambitious, and our new and impressive Lakeside stores show exactly what is possible.
"We are now looking at using this concept or variations of this concept in selected new and existing stores."

http://www.brandrepublic.com/Retail...Disney-unveils-first-revamped-store-Lakeside/

arielbabe

my interview went ok the manager did a group interview of 3 of us and asked us to talkabout ourselves i said i was a keen disney enthusiast and said i was a member of this site and just carried on about disney. he then asked what we thought a day at the disney store would be like i said making everyone feel happy and have a good time shopping.

i will find out next week if i have the job

TheDisneyMagic

I live five minutes away from this store and I must say it is great, they play some great things on the screens that you can't help but sing along to. I would still like to see more adult merchandise being sold here though.

Congratulations on getting the job, I will probably see you at some point what days and times do you work there? My younger sister is also going to be trying to get a job here over the next couple of weeks. :)

TheDisneyMagic

Cool, I'm sure at some point I will see you in there, you will probably spot me as I quite often have a Walt Disney Imagineering shirt on :p

TheDisneyMagic

Nope definately open, its been open way over a month now, you can't miss it when you walk past it, the whole front of the store is changing colour.

nanna

ohh do you mean the one in lakeside??

i was thinking of the new one at the arndale centre in manchester. It is still all covered up!

TheDisneyMagic

Yes indeed was referring to the one in Lakeside, have you been given a temporary store whilist your main one is being rehabbed?

Down here at Lakeside a temporary one opened opposite (much smaller) just while the main store was being redesigned selling off some of the old stock.

nanna

well the one in manchester is in a completely new site. The old one was still open while the new one was being built. i think it is open now although iv not been to see it yet!

stuarthulluk

hello, i didnt know that this even exsisted, but hey

and i am a full time cast member at this store in the uk, and it is soo much fun!!!!! i love it there, if peps ave been in, im the mad one..... bloke i mean....

all the cast are fab!

anyone new to the company. i am a traditions trianner now, so watch out!!!

Nothing ever beats the Lakeside Disney Store :3

I used to live in Southend as a kid and Lakesides always been a great day out for us. Even now we live up at Cambridge. We have our own Disney Store but it hasnt had a revamp yet eather. Though I wonder if they are waiting for the Grand Arcade area to be built first?

In any case I also had a magical moment in that same store a few years back. We got free tickets to see Treasure Planet before release one day in the store. Which was so amazing

In any case I went there a few weeks ago and was stunned by the new look. It really is quite something. Though I miss the ol Plushie pit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom