Ugly Kid.......????

Buzzforprez

Can see it now...
I ...can't stand to be around...
I get sick when I'm around...
I ....Hate everything about you....

Sure....much better than any Aerosmith track.

Heard they were actually switching to UKJ because they are not sure how Steven Tyler's recent illness will affect the soundtrack!!!!!!:hammer:

Dj Corona

Actually though, Ugly Kid Joe were supposed to be on a soundtrack or something for Disney during their heyday, until Disney found out that they had a song on one of their albums called "Madman", which was about a axe-murderer loose in Disneyland. Needless to say UGK didn't get the gig.

Erika

bgraham34 said:
I thought this was going to be about a real ugly kid, i was so dissapointed.

"Ugly Kids at WDW" :lookaroun

Back to Aerosmith: if I'm not mistaken they are huge WDW fans AND they've been sober for close to 20 years. That's hard to find in that industry. They've also had a long enough career, spanning several decades, that Disney knows their fans are not going anywhere- they appeal to multiple generations- I think they were a good choice.

I love U2 but when I think "rock and roll" I think of Steven Tyler before Bono.

shoppingnut

Erika said:

Back to Aerosmith: if I'm not mistaken they are huge WDW fans AND they've been sober for close to 20 years. That's hard to find in that industry. They've also had a long enough career, spanning several decades, that Disney knows their fans are not going anywhere- they appeal to multiple generations- I think they were a good choice.

Totally agree.

shoppingnut

NASAMan said:
Never heard of Ugly Kid Joe. But always wondered about the choice of Aerosmith. The ride came out about the same time as Armeggedon so there are the obvious connections there. But they just never seemed to be 'Disney material' to me.

Never heard of Ugly Kid Joe either.

Incidentally, I would like to know what rock band would be "Disney Material?" I don't think anyone of them would qualify for one reason or another.

righttrack

Sledge said:
I've never even heard of them before. Aerosmith is my favorite band so I'm happy they went with them. Now all they need is Southern-Rock N Roller Coaster Starring Skynyrd and I'll be one happy .

That might not be so good. John Denver, Ricky Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd should not be featured in any rides.

kathyjacks

Buzzforprez said:
Can see it now...
I ...can't stand to be around...
I get sick when I'm around...
I ....Hate everything about you....

Sure....much better than any Aerosmith track.

Heard they were actually switching to UKJ because they are not sure how Steven Tyler's recent illness will affect the soundtrack!!!!!!:hammer:

steven tylers ill? with what ? they are one of my favorite bands and i haven 't heard a thing about this. please fill me in :eek:

Erika

kathyjacks said:
steven tylers ill? with what ? they are one of my favorite bands and i haven 't heard a thing about this. please fill me in :eek:

He is having surgery for an "undisclosed medical condition" and won't be able to sing for a few months.

SIR90210

Erika said:

While this is true, U2 is a more family-friendly band (at least in the post-Zoo TV incarnation) than Aerosmith. Actually, better idea than either: The Who circa 1971. That would kill. Imagine an "I Can See For Miles"/"Won't Get Fooled Again" mix at the launch: "I can see for miles, and miles, and AHHHHHHHHHHH!" And have Pete Townshend smash his guitar at some point. I like it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Reccyman said:
My little lad's favourite ride is the Rock'n'Rollercoaster, it was the first "big ride" he could go on!

I seen to remember reading something awhile ago that it was originally featuring "Ugly Kid Joe"! Can anybody confirm, or dismiss, this?

I think you are getting it mixed up with "Uncle Joe Benson", who was the original radio host in the limo as you left the parking garage. :)

Buzzforprez

kathyjacks said:

Saw that they have cancelled all of their current tour, check ticketmaster. There was a blurb on the internet the other day saying he was ill, may need some tyo eof surgery, and that the tour was being postponed. They did not offer any further info and I have not heard anything since. Hope he gets better well. If either of his daughters need someone to lean on I can become available. :D

Mr Bill

Erika said:

Extremely well said!

baloo_24

dxer07002 said:
No offense, but it IS the ROCK N ROLLer coaster.. not the HIP HOPPER COASTER or RAPPER COASTER lol... Not even THE EASY LISTENING COASTER STARRING BARRY MANILOW.. LoL

Totally agree w/ u it's not the Coco Cabana ride or the Loove shack ride. It's ROckIn RoLlER cOAsTer!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Kal_el8604

is "Love in a Elevator" still on the soundtrack for RnRc?

it always made me laugh when you think about what that song is actually about that it was featured in a disney ride.:lol:

mhead

Yep - it is the Rock n Roller Coaster so it must be good rock music! Aerosmith is fine - although my personal pick would be KISS. But I couldn't ride it if it was U2 themed - I positivley loathe any sound they produce.

On another note - I sure did like it better when that area of the park played a mix of music rather than only Aerosmith - not on the ride itself but in the courtyard.

Astronaut Jones

In my humble opinion Aerosmith is horrible but they can still be fun. U2 is just plain horrible. Is there some sort of protest I can join against a U2 theme?

I'm content with Aerosmith because I completely understand that it has to appeal to the masses. I understand Rock'n'Rollercoaster starring Neutral Milk Hotel wouldn't excactly work, but I wish it could at least be a decent band. The Stones would have been cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom