Ugly Kid.......????

Reccyman

Original Poster
My little lad's favourite ride is the Rock'n'Rollercoaster, it was the first "big ride" he could go on!

I seen to remember reading something awhile ago that it was originally featuring "Ugly Kid Joe"! Can anybody confirm, or dismiss, this?

Sledge

Account Suspended
I've never even heard of them before. Aerosmith is my favorite band so I'm happy they went with them. Now all they need is Southern-Rock N Roller Coaster Starring Skynyrd and I'll be one happy .

Reccyman

Original Poster
Didn't think so. I've borrowed a copy of one of their CD's, and it's not exactly "it's a small world"!!! :lol: Then again, Aerosmith are no angels.

Thanks for the quick response.

the-reason14

One thing I could do without on Rnrrc besides the bumpiness is the loud abnoxious music they play. Yea, I know, sure, there would be no point in the ride then, but thats what I would enjoy. Maybe have your own headsets and listen to the kind of music that makes you go, then Ill be one happy .:lol: :p

Captain Chaos

the-reason14 said:
One thing I could do without on Rnrrc besides the bumpiness is the loud abnoxious music they play. Yea, I know, sure, there would be no point in the ride then, but thats what I would enjoy. Maybe have your own headsets and listen to the kind of music that makes you go, then Ill be one happy .:lol: :p

No offense, but it IS the ROCK N ROLLer coaster.. not the HIP HOPPER COASTER or RAPPER COASTER lol... Not even THE EASY LISTENING COASTER STARRING BARRY MANILOW.. LoL

VeRTiGo91

That would be horrible if it were UKJ.They haven't been around in years, and there are probably those who have no idea who rthey are (or were)

Aerosmith is a good pick!

V

SIR90210

While Aerosmith was certainly a good choice (if only because there's a trumpet part in Dude Looks Like a Lady!), I'd be happy as Hell if, when the contract runs out (if such a thing exists), they switch to U2 think of all the places you could go, especially with Vertigo and Elevation.

Mr Bill

SIR90210 said:
While Aerosmith was certainly a good choice (if only because there's a trumpet part in Dude Looks Like a Lady!), I'd be happy as Hell if, when the contract runs out (if such a thing exists), they switch to U2 think of all the places you could go, especially with Vertigo and Elevation.
I seem to recall reading that Aerosmith's lawyer found a loophole in the contract that pretty much means they can remain in the attraction as long as they want. Also, the original choice for bands for the Rock'n'Roller Coaster was the Rolling Stones, but the amount the Stones wanted for it was outside of the budget. If the Stones were too high, I'm pretty sure U2 will be even higher.

scpergj

Mr Bill said:
I seem to recall reading that Aerosmith's lawyer found a loophole in the contract that pretty much means they can remain in the attraction as long as they want. Also, the original choice for bands for the Rock'n'Roller Coaster was the Rolling Stones, but the amount the Stones wanted for it was outside of the budget. If the Stones were too high, I'm pretty sure U2 will be even higher.
Yeah, that's an idea....the Strolling Bones on the Rock-n-Roller Coaster. Couldn't they then combine the RnR with the Haunted Mansion then?

I think I need some help.......:veryconfu

SIR90210

Mr Bill said:

Gotta love clever lawyers. As for the price of U2, they were, in the mid to late 90's, coming off of the near failures that were Zooropa and Pop, so who knows? RE scpergj: VERY funny! :lol: I made the mistake of watching about a minute of the most recent Super Bowl Halftime Show, and am scarred for life. :cry:

NASAMan

Never heard of Ugly Kid Joe. But always wondered about the choice of Aerosmith. The ride came out about the same time as Armeggedon so there are the obvious connections there. But they just never seemed to be 'Disney material' to me. Not a complaint: I really enjoy the ride and will go multiple times in a visit. But I have thought there may be other bands that would give just as enjoyable an experience. Because it is at the end of Sunset Blvd., I thought music from the Beach Boys would be great, although they may be a little old for the pre-ride video (no agism intended).

RnRC could be a great place to do the alternate music/lighting effects that will transform Disneyland's Space Mountain into Rock-it Mountain. There could be one version for daytime family rides, and another harder one at night.

What kind of band is Ugly Kid Joe?

johnvca

NASAMan said:
What kind of band is Ugly Kid Joe?

They were a rock band in the early 90's. Did a song for the Wayne's World soundtrack. They were pretty good but no wheres near the calibur band that Aerosmith is (obviously). They did do a decent cover of "Cats in the Cradle" though.

the-reason14

dxer07002 said:
No offense, but it IS the ROCK N ROLLer coaster.. not the HIP HOPPER COASTER or RAPPER COASTER lol... Not even THE EASY LISTENING COASTER STARRING BARRY MANILOW.. LoL

Yea, but if it was, I would certainly have less complaints about it. No offense:animwink:

Yea, I guess, but what is one person to a million lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom