Ugh, O.K. So this REALLY grinds my gears!

Fantasmic

Original Poster
I don't know if it's the same in the US but WDW are currently running a series of commercials, using stock footage from Disneyland.
SO ANNOYING. I suppose the general public will never no the difference, but it REALLY bugs me! At least show the product you're advertising!

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I don't know if it's the same in the US but WDW are currently running a series of commercials, using stock footage from Disneyland.
SO ANNOYING. I suppose the general public will never no the difference, but it REALLY bugs me! At least show the product you're advertising!

Haven't seen those... granted I NEVER see WDW commercials here.

BryceM

I've seen it before. I was like, "HEY, that's DCA's Tower of Terror! And wait that's not our Splash Mountain! That Sully is walking down Hollywood Land at DCA!".

The only thing that they got correct was the castle...

AndyS2992

I assume you are talking about the UK adverts right now which is 99.9% Disneyland CA footage right until the shot of Cinderella castle and fireworks right at the end lol Yeah it annoys me too.

Disneyland Paris did it last year promoting Disney Dreams! where it was just the World of Color commercial with DLP's logo at the end. Mickey's Fun Wheel and CA Screamin' are shown throughout :/

dave&di

Yeah the commercial is on regularly here in the UK, I find it funny, I don't understand why their advertising the wrong product!

Californian Elitist

I'm guessing they don't shoot in Florida because WDW doesn't like to temporarily close things in the parks. I'm guessing it's also because the department that's in charge of shooting/advertising/commercials is stationed in California. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a commercial solely dedicated to one of the WDW parks.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I'm guessing they don't shoot in Florida because WDW doesn't like to temporarily close things in the parks. I'm guessing it's also because the department that's in charge of shooting/advertising/commercials is stationed in California. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a commercial solely dedicated to one of the WDW parks.

and let's face it, the target audience for those commercials is not for us, the fans and frequent visitors to the parks... they're for those who have been planning or saving all their life and want to go/can't wait etc. Those are the same people who wouldn't be able to tell the difference between DLR/WDW/DLP/TDL etc haha we can but that's because we know...maybe too much haha

Californian Elitist

and let's face it, the target audience for those commercials is not for us, the fans and frequent visitors to the parks... they're for those who have been planning or saving all their life and want to go/can't wait etc. Those are the same people who wouldn't be able to tell the difference between DLR/WDW/DLP/TDL etc haha we can but that's because we know...maybe too much haha

Exactly. Those commercials are for those who haven't been. I don't see the big deal. I'm in California and I have no problem with seeing Cinderella Castle in some of the commercials.

Animaniac93-98

I don't like it either, especially when locally targeted ads like MNSSHP use all Disneyland footage (castle and all). Doesn't say much about what Disney thinks of its customers.

The FLE commercial, however, is all WDW footage, thankfully.

Yert3

I see a lot of people don't mind it, but I'm with OP on this one. It's like showing a trailer to a movie with footage that isn't in the movie or from a different one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom