UFO at the Studios?

Piebald

It is definitely the flying advertisement thing. It is creepy as hell the first time you ever see it, I'll admit. The way it is built is interesting because the screen sort of wraps around the aircraft. Think of it like a U and the images are seen not only from the bottom but from the sides as well. It makes me wonder how it lands, etc. without damaging the screen.

1disneydood

Maybe it's a promo for Wall-E? Now that would be cool. A UFO flies over the studios, nightly, until it's release date. Then the evening before opening day it lands backstage, and Wall-E emerges from somewhere to greet fans. I'd book a trip just for that. ;)

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
im4bx2.jpg

echoreyn

Hmmm. You can't see the object in question very well in the picture, but you can see everyone's hands pointing to it. Clearly, you weren't the only one who thought it was interesting. Any more people somewhere close to the Studios that night who want to tell their sides of the story?

I agree, 1disneydood, it would be really cool if it was a Wall-E promo!:sohappy:

TowerOfTerror

It is definitely the flying advertisement thing. It is creepy as hell the first time you ever see it, I'll admit. The way it is built is interesting because the screen sort of wraps around the aircraft. Think of it like a U and the images are seen not only from the bottom but from the sides as well. It makes me wonder how it lands, etc. without damaging the screen.

This could be what you're talking about :
http://www.myspace.com/skyspotadvertising .
Could this be the ufo ? :cool:

Ausdaddy

A silver mylar souvenir balloon. A night, you would not see the balloon per se but the lights of the park below reflecting off it. When accidentally released, it would rise upright but then lay over to a more stable horizontal position. It would be carried by air currents, which can drastically change speed and direction as the balloon ascends. Since you are seeing the reflected park lights, it will appear to move faster as it gets further from the light source. Most people were in a position to identify it as a lost balloon, but from where the OP was standing it may have been harder to distinguish.

Hmm....a silver mylar balloon. Yes. That must be it. Seems as I've heard that explanation before. Where was that?....Somewhere in New Mexico, I think....:ROFLOL:

EpcotServo

This could be what you're talking about :
http://www.myspace.com/skyspotadvertising .
Could this be the ufo ? :cool:

I don't think so. I would say that it's a good suspect for some other sighting, but it doesn't really match this sighting at all. Plus it would only really look strange if it was saying words, and both accounts don't feature any lights that say "Eat at Joe's".
:lol:

If that isn't going, it just looks like a plane.

Thanks for posting the picture, that's quite interesting.

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
I can see what you guys are saying about the plane advertisment thing, but when I saw it (you can't tell from my pic) It was clearly a sphere, more like a puck.

earningmyfins

Cool

I was there coming out of Fantasmic and I saw it, too. It was directly above me for a least 2 seconds. I observed it and it had blue and red lights (flashing), shaped like a disc, and it had a screen in the center with green words. It was too high for me to understand the words though. It made no noise and at first was moving slow and then later a fast moving pace. Once it was atleast 100 feet away from me people started to notice the odd moving UFO. It did tilt to it's side. Afterward I did not see it.

I didn't take a picture though because my battery ran out at Fantasmic. I couldn't help but wonder if it was from the convention that was being held that night on Hollywood Blvd. Everyone there was strangely dressed in 20's get-up. That was my first guess. Now, I'm taking this a little more seriously.
I should've asked a cast member if they knew anything about it.

I hope we find the answer to this soon. I'm about to go crazy! :hammer:

imagineer boy

It turns out that its a real alien probe, and it has beaming the message down "seize the future!" And all of the rides have been mysteriously breaking down. Now we must go back in time to stop them from replacing alien encounter with stitch. :lookaroun

EpcotServo

Two more renderings...The first is a redone version of the First account.

MGMSighting2Photo.jpg

This is a rendering of the slightly different object from the other account. Please note that this is not the correct angle the object was seen at, it was actually seen towards the Tower of Terror (NOT SPACESHIP EARTH) and the direction of MGM.

MGMSighting3photo.jpg

(This one looks better in extra-large...http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=34507&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=29198 )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom