Votes: 20 30.3%
  • No Definately not U2

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Aerosmith forever

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoofyMike29

U2 does not fit the mold for Rock N Roller Coaster. First off they are too political, like some one had already said. Second most of their songs can be classified as POP tunes raher rock n roll. And third Aerosmith is the greatest America Rock group ever, plain and simple

Davis224

Original Poster
I agree that the majority of their music is political, you'd be blind not to see it.
And the majority of their music "with or without you" obviously doesn't fit the mood.

But their last albulm, ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND

Come on now! Thats the only record in a few years thats nothing but guitar, bass and drums

The last aerosmith albulm if you recall had Steven Tyler trying to rap and a whole lot of synthesizer.

Don't get me wrong, Aerosmith are gods in their own right and should never be replaced.

I just think if they are U2 is the best bet

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Pass the white stick. U2s early material is plenty fast enough for RnR. As for politics its not excatly overthrowing capatalism.
Metallica sell out, well again thats up to you, however if you were taking my product, ie photos, and I was getting nowt for it I think id be a little cheesed off. However I prefer a baseball bat to lawyers for setteling local disputes.:animwink:

Davis224

Original Poster
Originally posted by happy snapper
Pass the white stick. U2s early material is plenty fast enough for RnR. As for politics its not excatly overthrowing capatalism.
Metallica sell out, well again thats up to you, however if you were taking my product, ie photos, and I was getting nowt for it I think id be a little cheesed off. However I prefer a baseball bat to lawyers for setteling local disputes.:animwink:

What can I say, sounds to me like great minds think alike! :lol:

ToTBellHop

imagine...Rock 'n' Roller Coasters Starring Marilyn Manson...now THAT would be scarier than the Tower of Terror!!! But seriously, Aerosmith is the best band in America, and it's a band that everyone unequivocally loves...I can't say the same for U2...who in their right mind doesn't love "Walk this Way" or "Dude Looks Like a Lady" or "Back in the Saddle"?!?! Again...be kind...look past...I can't even say it...that ARMAGEDDON song...it surely felt like the end of the world to ME!

NowInc

Originally posted by DogsRule!
imagine...Rock 'n' Roller Coasters Starring Marilyn Manson...now THAT would be scarier than the Tower of Terror!!! But seriously, Aerosmith is the best band in America, and it's a band that everyone unequivocally loves...I can't say the same for U2...who in their right mind doesn't love "Walk this Way" or "Dude Looks Like a Lady" or "Back in the Saddle"?!?! Again...be kind...look past...I can't even say it...that ARMAGEDDON song...it surely felt like the end of the world to ME!

In Aeromiths defence....they didnt write that armageddon song ;)

But I still stand by my original statment..u2 wouldnt fit..at all...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Fun, fluffy, edgy, exciting.
Van Hallen, classic era. But no doubt there too old.

In my youth if you liked an American rock band you may just as well have woren a pink tutu and tights.

How can you say a band that comes on stage inside a big lemmon has no sense of fun. And as for the confessions booth.

ToTBellHop

So U2 should narrate Spaceship Earth and Aerosmith should stay with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! Imagine...your time machine vehicle reaches the top of Spaceship Earth, you see Earth in front of you, and Elevation is playing...along with "Attention travelers: your Time Machine Vehicle is rotating BACKWARDS for your return to Earth. Attention travelers: your Time Machine Vehicle is rotating BACKWARDS for your return to Earth. Attention travelers: your Time Machine Vehicle is rotating BACKWARDS for your return to Earth. Attention travelers: your Time Machine Vehicle is rotating BACKWARDS for your return to Earth. Attention travelers: your Time Machine Vehicle is rotating BACKWARDS for your return to Earth. Attention travelers: your Time Machine Vehicle is rotating BACKWARDS for your return to Earth..."

GoofyMike29

I think that Aerosmith appeals to both th older crowd and the younger crwd as well. As for the last U2 album, there was nothing but pop tunes on that album. Simple pop tunes that its. At least Aerosmith have stuck with their roots over the years.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Nut4Disney
I also get sick of listening to Bono's political agenda. That is one guy that is full of himself, a real media .

I totally agree with you. There was a world conference recently. Attended by important political figures like Bishop Desmond TuTu. And then there was Bono. Why? I have no Idea.

Stick with Aerosmith. Because I dont want Bono to use the ride and WDW as a platform for his political agenda.

bearboysnc

Quote "I think that Aerosmith appeals to both th older crowd and the younger crwd as well. At least Aerosmith have stuck with their roots over the years."

One of the things that makes RnR work, is the crossover apeal of Areosmith. Anyone that replaces them will have to have that same appeal. And that will be hard to come by. I wonder if the chili peppers were ever considered? Didn't they do a cover of "RollerCoaster (of love)"???

I see them changing the music style of the ride before they change the artist performing.

Maybe................."Disco Coaster"???

Terp02

Quote: "I see them changing the music style of the ride before they change the artist performing.

Maybe................."Disco Coaster"???"

G-D help us all if that happens. But it could, look at the Tiki Room.......Makes you want to bash in Iago's head....:mad: ......

Anyway, Aerosmith is definitely the perfect fit, and I doubt that they will ever take there name out, until they break up or become deceased. When that happens, there will be a new band around that will replace them....too soon to tell who, but it'll happen.

DixieBelle97

I have never really cared for Aerosmith, but after I went on R'n'R, I figured out that some songs I liked as a little girl were performed by them, so now I like Aerosmith a little bit more.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Disney will never put U2 in RnR...simple as that. They have an image to uphold, and with the amount of talking and controversy started by statements made by U2, it just wouldn't fly with the Disney Brass.

I personally would think it was a huge slap in the face if they were to put U2 in that ride, because they have a perfect ride right now, and would be really stupid to change it.

I just think Aerosmith's music is more fun. I'm not saying I don't like U2, or that they don't have a sense of humor, or that they don't do a few upscale tunes. However, the ones mentioned, wouldn't work...plain and simple.....

Plus, I think Aerosmith appeals to a wider array of fans, and therefore is the better fit anyway.

This ride is great...why change it anyway?

Guess some people just aren't happy with things the way they are.....those will be the same people to complain when things do get changed. Go figure.

goofyfan13

Aerosmith is the greatest rock band I have ever heard and the music on that ride is so cool and I hope they are never replaced.

Bairstow

Tearing through the darkness through exciting manuevers at 50 MpH while listening to "Where the Streets Have no Name"? Sounds great to me. Heck, I do it every day on the way to school.

U2 would be a GREAT choice, but only if Bono didn't rabbit on in the preshow for a half hour about heling the third world. I respect Bono's conviction to world common good and all that, but the Rock n Rollercoaster is supposed to be a rollicking good time and a celebration of American concensual idioicy. Having a preachy Irish band replace Aerosmith might sober it up a bit too much. See, I'm torn, because I LOVE U2, much more than Aerosmith, but they might not be right for the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom