• No Definately not U2

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Aerosmith forever

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Davis224

Original Poster
Alright I've heard it on a bunch of posts.
Who Thinks U2 Should replace Aerosmith IF and when Aerosmith gets replaced at the Rockn Roller Coaster.

Attachments

• u2_spread_1.jpg
    u2_spread_1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 271

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I don't think anyone should replace Aerosmith they are the best rock group ever. They should not replace them with any band.

Tom Morrow

I agree, Aerosmith should never be replaced as long as RnRc is standing. I like U2, but their music just does not fit a rollercoaster soundtrack.

Davis224

Original Poster
U2 music not fit a roller coaster??
Elevation
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss me Kill Me
Numb
Bad
Gone
Pop
Discoteque
Mysterious Ways
Desire

Just a few high paced songs :D

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by Davis224
Elevation
Numb
Bad
Gone
Pop
Discoteque
Mysterious Ways
Desire

Just a few high paced songs :D

Most of those are not high paced songs. In fact, the only one that would work is Elevation. The music has to get your adrenaline pumping, something U2's music generally doesn't do.

NowInc

...even tho I fail to see how this doesnt fall under "chit chat"...

No way..U2 wouldnt work...not in my opion anyway...they dont have the same "rock and roll" mood that aerosmith has...I think u2 is a tad bit too political....

ToTBellHop

Aerosmith is much more fun to listen to...except for that Armageddon song I am still trying to forget...thank god they didn't put that on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster...

Davis224

Original Poster
Oh god that Armaggedon song . . . I don't wanna miss a thing. . . talk about slow and painful death. .. You'd have more screams from the song than you would the roller coaster

theedge77

Elevation
Numb
Bad
Gone
Pop
Discoteque
Mysterious Ways
Desire

Just a few high paced songs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of those are not high paced songs. In fact, the only one that would work is Elevation. The music has to get your adrenaline pumping, something U2's music generally doesn't do.

Boy, I would have to disagree on this one. Have you ever been to a U2 concert? My adrenaline was pumping last May in Chicago! They have a lot of stuff off Achtung Baby they could use, I probably wouldn't use Numb... and someone mentioned Stuck in a moment for some reason, don't know why Disney would ever consider that song, but hey, whatever! U2 would be great for the ride. They might even be willing to remix some of their songs to be more 'high paced' and 'adrenaline pumping' for you!

Terp02

I agree with theedge77. Most of their stuff is very energetic, especially live. Granted, it's not as fast pace and hard rock as aerosmith, then again they're not that type of band. But if I was going to choose songs to use on RnRC they'd be:
Elevation
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Then The Real Thing
Discotechque
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Where the Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
U2 is one of my favorite bands, but there's no way in hell that I could see them being used in RnRC. Honestly, Aerosmith was a pretty good choice. About the only other bard I could foresee is Metallica in their pre-sellout music (well.. one sellout song.. Fuel)

Davis224

Original Poster
Metallica has the music I think. But not the image that Disney would like to portray, especially after all the napster b.s.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Davis224
Metallica has the music I think. But not the image that Disney would like to portray, especially after all the napster b.s.

that's very true. Metallica is a bunch of whiners trying to get more money... that's what they look like now after the napster ordeal

Davis224

Original Poster
Exactly they've destroyed any chance they've had at having a hard rock image now with the napster b.s.

"WERE HARDCORE METALLICA!! but one little computer geek scares us...oooh bad napster"

jcmayid

U2 is way up there on my list, definitely one my all-time favorite bands. But I don't think it would go w/ RnRC. Aerosmith is perfect! And if need be changed, I think Red Hot Chilli Peppers would go great.

:sohappy:

Davis224

Original Poster
I think the Chili Peppers are a great idea
And they probably would do get picked if it hadn't been for the whole sock man thing

grimgringhost

U2 rocks and will always rock!!!!! YAH, GO U2, but I don't suggest like putting "where the streets have no name or anything on the ride" doensn't exactly fit the mood :animwink:

Nut4Disney

I can't stand U2. I used to enjoy their music back in the 80's and early 90's, before they sold out. The whole zoo tour crap, where they started using synthesizers and crap instead of playing the rock n' roll that made them. I also get sick of listening to Bono's political agenda. That is one guy that is full of himself, a real media .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom