Typhoon Lagoon vs. Blizzard Beach (poll)

Do you prefer Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

• Typhoon Lagoon

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • Blizzard Beach

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • They're both about equal.

Votes: 8 11.0%

• Total voters

eliza61nyc

Haven't been to the water parks since my kids were small but they loved blizzard beach. I think it was great for smaller kids

John park hopper

Same here-- have not been since my boys were young. My middle son was the dare devil and would try anything went down Mt Gushmore and loved it. His older brother said no way. Me and the wife were just fine with the Lazy River

13*Minute*Wait

I enjoy aspects of both parks.

The kid zone at Blizzard Beach where they cross the ice patches while hanging onto the rope net is really cool, as well as the zip line. My little girl loves to do both. Also, it actually has downhill slides that you can ride face first. Not many parks will let you do that.

Nothing can top the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. The Crush N Gusher is awesome, and their lazy river is deeper than Blizard Beach. The first time I got in the lazy river at BB, I scraped my knees all up on the bottom of the river while I was dangling from an intertube. Don't have that problem at TL.

We have been to TL way more than BB, so my little girl wanted to go to BB for her b'day next month. Unfortunately, it will be down for maintenance by then.

Janir

Never actually been to either one. Well other than the Typhoon Lagoon parking lot being used as a Disney Springs Overflow lot back just few days after Christmas for a 1 day DS visit.

michmickey

I think Typhoon Lagoon is the better over all waterpark. It makes you feel like you are on a tropical island and you really get the feeling of vacation. While the theming of Blizzard Beach is unique and creative, when I'm on vacation I want to be immersed in warmth and relaxation. When I was at Blizzard Beach I obviously kept thinking of winter and skiing which put a little bit of a damper on my vacation mood. Also, I think in general Blizzard Beach is more for thrill seekers due to their extremely high water slides, which seem cool but those water slides always end up hurting me lol. The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is probably the biggest draw and is such a fun experience that can be experienced by almost any age.

Heppenheimer

Typhoon because of the better wave pool. And the Dick Dale heavy background music. Even including his beyond-awesome surf rock version of Hava Nagila.

Edit: Since the automatic censor won't let me write his name, let's call him "Richard Dale" instead.

Bairstow

Blizzard Beach has the better slides, but Typhoon has better variety of activities and is far and away the better-themed and more pleasant place to spend a day.

I really wish they would build a third waterpark using the "River Country" name and rustic aesthetic.

Tom Morrow

Typhoon Lagoon is significantly better IMO. It really looks and feels like a tropical island paradise. All of the walkways and queues have a natural lagoon-like look to them. Some of the slides are a tad short and uneventful, but the amazing wavepool makes up for this. Blizzard Beach has a much more fake, concrete look and feel about it and is nowhere near as pleasant to simply walk around and soak in the atmosphere.

kong1802

I think Blizzard is the better of the two.

Typhoon has very lackluster slides. The family one at Blizzard is the best of them all.

Plus ski lifts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom