Typhoon Lagoon Surf Lessons

stratman50th

I've just booked surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon for my daughter and her friend. Has anyone ever done them? They look like a lot of fun if for nothing else having the wave pool all to yourself for two hours! They only down side I can see is that they start at 5:45am. Don't know how difficult it's going to be getting two teenagers up that early for anything.:snore:
Anyway, I'd be interested in opinions.

stratman50th

Original Poster
We've done it! You don't get any time to swim in the pool really. Just FYI.

The kids and dh did it. They all loved it! :)
I figured as much. They said something about an extra cost for observers. Does that mean we have to pay just to accompany them? They aren't adults so we have to sign a release.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I definitely recommend it as a way to learn. In the ocean you wait for a wave, not positive when it's coming or how big it's going to be. At Typhoon Lagoon, you get the exact same wave, starting in the exact same place, every 90 seconds. Perfect for learning. They were all three standing pretty quickly.

There is also a smaller backwash wave right after the big one that was great to start with.:)

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Here's some pics if you're interested.

This is dh. You can see the instructor in the water:

DisneyWorld2007pt4032.jpg

DisneyWorld2007pt4068.jpg

DisneyWorld2007pt4100.jpg

DisneyWorld2007pt4052.jpg

DisneyWorld2007pt4054.jpg

Upvote 0

stratman50th

Original Poster
Update.

What a great time the girls had!
I'll do a full report with pictures when I can get on a real computer again. I'm really terrible trying to do much more than a few words on this phone. One thing though. I take back what I said about $150.00 being too pricy. It was worth every penny. Two great instrucrors, all the equipment, and an entire park to yourself.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom