Typhoon Lagoon Rumors

mergatroid

At least there are visible signs of some work being done.
So when you said ............

Sadly the question now rising is will TL be allowed to deteriorate to the point where complete demolition and a building of a new version or something else new will be the only economically reasonable solution?

Were you wrong? You said the only economically reasonable solution would be to demolish it? That's 'the only solution', not an option but 'the only solution'? So is this the start of demolishing it? Where are all these people raising this question? :eek: :D

In all seriousness though, there's no way they're going to let TL rot away, it was only a few years back they spent millions adding new stuff to it. I'm hoping it's open in October as I prefer it so much more than BB.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

So when you said ............

Were you wrong? You said the only economically reasonable solution would be to demolish it? That's 'the only solution', not an option but 'the only solution'? So is this the start of demolishing it? Where are all these people raising this question? :eek: :D

In all seriousness though, there's no way they're going to let TL rot away, it was only a few years back they spent millions adding new stuff to it. I'm hoping it's open in October as I prefer it so much more than BB.
I asked a legit question w no insinuations, period. Anything is possible these days. If any structure or structures are allowed to remain unused (fallow) deterioration occurs specially in the Florida weather environment. If deterioration is allowed over an extended period of time the damage can necessitate replacement not repair. Regardless some posters love to take things and run with them, spin, exaggerate, embellish, take out of context and inject personal interpretations. My question was clear anything else was not me. No I was not wrong! As for the spin, well, consider the source.

PS: I hope TL does get rehabilitated / refurbed to pristine condition I just do not see a rush / urgency to do that.

mergatroid

I asked a legit question w no insinuations, period. Anything is possible these days. If any structure or structures are allowed to remain unused (fallow) deterioration occurs specially in the Florida weather environment. If deterioration is allowed over an extended period of time the damage can necessitate replacement not repair. Regardless some posters love to take things and run with them, spin, exaggerate, embellish, take out of context and inject personal interpretations. My question was clear anything else was not me. No I was not wrong! As for the spin, well, consider the source.

PS: I hope TL does get rehabilitated / refurbed to pristine condition I just do not see a rush / urgency to do that.
Agreed but on this very thread are links that show Disney is working on Typhoon Lagoon.

castlecake2.0

Better bulldoze Port Orleans then :p

GimpYancIent

Better bulldoze Port Orleans then :p
1626031940988.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Any updates on typhoon lagoon? In my current River country depression watching 1990s Disney sing along videos and am praying TL doesn’t come to this same fate
Typhoon Lagoon is coming back. Andyman (an insider who doesn’t post here) posted a week or two ago that the plan is to take BB down in early 22 for its annual refurb and TL will open then.

dolbyman

I have seen on several websites that disney filed for development permits in the area.....I was hoping for early October for my birthday trip..but oh well..Blizzard is nice too

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Now, BlogMickey.com sources have indicated that the pools are being refilled, and the shops and restaurants prepared as Cast Members begin to be called back to Typhoon Lagoon! As of publish time, Disney has not made any announcements about the status or return of Typhoon Lagoon, but we expect to hear more in the coming weeks."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom