Typhoon Lagoon Rumors

BaymaxFan

Original Poster
Are there any rumors as to when Typhoon Lagoon is re-opening? Disney had mentioned summer before. I saw some aerial photos from last week and the pools were all drained but there was scaffolding on some parts of the "mountain", implying that work is being done on the park in preparation for a re-opening.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Conventional wisdom from folks on the board seems to be that it may not reopen until Blizzard goes down for its annual 3 month refurbishment, and then it’ll just remain open.

They were aggressively courting lifeguards earlier this year in hiring literature and ads, but now they seem to be featuring housekeeping and bus drivers, so 🤷‍♂️? Maybe they tried to get the staff to reopen but couldn’t get enough people?

GimpYancIent

Sadly the question now rising is will TL be allowed to deteriorate to the point where complete demolition and a building of a new version or something else new will be the only economically reasonable solution?

MattyBear

Sadly the question now rising is will TL be allowed to deteriorate to the point where complete demolition and a building of a new version or something else new will be the only economically reasonable solution?
I actually think that’s probably what’s going to happen. I think the water parks don’t make enough money for the current executive team. I’m assuming blizzard beach is cheaper to run.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They aren’t letting it deteriorate.
Well they certainly aren't actively refurbishing it, or keeping it in a condition that would not require several weeks/months to bring it back up to operational condition.

The sad part is that it means Blizzard Beach either closes for the winter or doesn't get a refurb for 2021-2022.

peter11435

Well they certainly aren't actively refurbishing it, or keeping it in a condition that would not require several weeks/months to bring it back up to operational condition.

The sad part is that it means Blizzard Beach either closes for the winter or doesn't get a refurb for 2021-2022.
There’s a large amount of scaffolding currently up in the park.

Nothing about its current condition is any different/worse than during its annual seasonal closure.

LittleBuford

This is pure speculation. A thread raising the same concern (again with nothing to substantiate it) was created here the other day and has since been removed.

ToTBellHop

There’s a large amount of scaffolding currently up in the park.

Nothing about its current condition is any different/worse than during its annual seasonal closure.
Exactly. Some green rain water isn‘t a disaster. BB will have to close by January, at the latest, so I’d expect TL by then with both open at the same time next spring. I personally hate when BB gets the fall closure. It should be open around Christmas.

They aren’t going to abandon the park where they built Crush n Gusher and Misadventure Falls.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The site that shall not be named had a headline that would make major news outlets proud. Something to the effect of TL is falling into disarray! Oddly enough it didn't look any different than normal other than the drained pools and landscaping that has overgrown a bit.

Goofnut1980

I actually think that’s probably what’s going to happen. I think the water parks don’t make enough money for the current executive team. I’m assuming blizzard beach is cheaper to run.

The problem is they make the cost so high to get in, that people don't want to spend the money for only going a few days... Make it a pass where you can go a few days.. Is it even an add-on to the park ticket like it was years ago??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom