typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach for kids

MausCouture

It Depends On What You Want. Both Waterparks have kid themed play zones if you have younger children. However, Typhoon Lagoon has a ginormous wave pool that anyone in your family would love. Typhoon Lagoon also has an attraction where you can swim with sharks.

Blizzard Beach also has a kiddy area but, other than that it has more attractions for the "thrill seekers" in the family.

Personally, I'd recommend Typhoon Lagoon. It has something in it that anyone of, any age would love.

KatMaria

Typhoon Lagoon, it is more kid friendly. The only attraction that has a big height requirement is the main water ride/coaster, Crush n Gusher and Humunga Kowabunga which is the big slide and they both are 48 inches. Other than that it is all open to kids of all ages. Typhoon also has a huge wave pool that can knock kids over but you can just stand at the beach area and watch the waves lap at your feet. Blizzard beach has more height restrictions.

ParentsOf4

age 7 height 47 and 3/4 inches
At that age and height, I suggest you go with Blizzard Beach. Children that age and height tend to enjoy the many water slides along with the Ski Patrol Training Camp area.

Three Blizzard Beach water slides have 48 inch height restrictions; not sure when you are going so don't know if your child will reach 48 inches before you are there.
  1. Summit Plummet is pretty intense; I suggest skipping it anyway.
  2. Slush Gusher is a lot of fun but 90 feet tall so not sure how comfortable you'll be with that one. If there are 2 adults, I suggest one go first to wait for the child at the bottom, with the second adult going last.
  3. Downhill Double Dipper IMHO is perhaps the least interesting water slide at Blizzard Beach. It lasts only 5 or 6 seconds so it's not as fun as the other water slides.
Blizzard Beach has plenty of other water slides for the under 48-inch crowd so don't let these 3 influence your decision whether to go with Blizzard Beach.

Typhoon Lagoon is a lot of fun as well; just was there a couple of weeks ago. But it's a bit more "mature". It's lush and relaxing, which appeals to my 4 teenagers more than Blizzard Beach, which they enjoyed more when they were 10 and under.

Try to sit near the Ski Patrol Training Camp area; it's specifically targeted for the 10-and-under crowd.

Last edited:

luv

Either is good, but Typhoon (much as i do love it) gets more credit than it deserves, honestly. Blizzard has a WONDERFUL play area for younger kids and every kid I know that has been to both likes the lazy river at Blizzard more.

The wave pool at Typhoon is bigger, but the one at Blizzard lets kids sit on inner tubes.

I think that since Blizzard has much better thrill slides, it gets written off as "just thrill slides", when it may even have more for younger kids than Typhoon. Yes, it has the better thrill slides. But it has a lot of other stuff, too.

Typhoon has that "swim with the shark" thing and Blizzard does not.

MaryJaneP

The type of kid will help make the decision for you. I agree with the prior posts, that BB is more activity oriented and TL is more sedate. Height and age do not seem to be a problem with either park here, so you could choose based upon your childs proclivity to engage in activities or relax.

twinfo3728

What a great question and responses. I too have a 7 year old a bit taller at 49 inches. We are going in October and he wants to go to a water park. We have never been to one at the World since we go in off season and there is so much to do. May have to hit Blizzard Beach this time! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom