Typhoon Lagoon - One of a Kind

Al

Original Poster
Hi!

Was just looking through the news and rumours on the wdwmagic main site, and came across a small paragraph about a ride called "One of a Kind" opening in 2003 @ Typhoon Lagoon.

Anybody know about this?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Alberrisford
Hi!

Was just looking through the news and rumours on the wdwmagic main site, and came across a small paragraph about a ride called "One of a Kind" opening in 2003 @ Typhoon Lagoon.

Anybody know about this?

I spoke to a CM who was once a lifeguard at BB and RC and he confirmed to me that TL is definately getting some type of thrilling ride. They want it to rank up with BB in the top Water Parks. They are aiming for top 10.

adr315

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I would love to see one of those water coasters...

Are u talking bout a "Journey to Atlantis" type water coaster, or the slide coasters that drop u, then shoot u upward with water jets, like the ones at Schlitterbahn's (sp?) in Texas ???

s25843

Originally posted by Luau Cove
Water jets? How is this used in the Texas water park?

-->LuaU
Its a Reverse Water Slide basically, you can actually go UP hills (the force of the water jets push you up)

Its cool...

WDWFREAK53

I don't believe it will be a water coaster...it said it will be "one of a kind" and we know how the Imagineers are...they don't take the same old thing and just make it pretty...they really do make "one of a kind" attractions. I believe that it will get away from a water SLIDE or water COASTER...It will definitely have something to do with water (obviously) but I think that TL is a different kind of water park...look at the wave pool...the best ANYWHERE...and look at the scuba attraction...It's great. This truly be something we have never seen before.

WDWFREAK53

I'm thinking something like a "flume type ride" that ends up in a tunnel (tube) and you will be surrounded by sharks or something. Like, a themed ride where you're in a boat and a "typhoon" takes control of the boat and sends you down giant tidal waves until your boat goes down...and you're "swimming with the fish"

what does everyone think?

Hey...just think of it...it would be a neat place to move the Living seas :) jk

Al

Original Poster
has this attraction been confirmed? is there any construction? or is it all rumour?:lookaroun

Luau Cove

Originally posted by s25843

Its a Reverse Water Slide basically, you can actually go UP hills (the force of the water jets push you up)

Its cool...

So how does this jets work on our body? The water current must be really really strong to move me upwards.

-->LUAU

lifeguard1020

About the slide/coasters...

The slide/coaster type of atractions which have become almost standard at large parks now are raft style rides...you ride the raft up and down the hills...the hills are generally covered with nets and there are drainige holes at the troughs between hills to keep water from pooling there...very complicated...i haven't ridden it, but have seen and talked extensively with my fellow guards who have to guard on these attractions...a big pain in the but they say...along with the toilet bowl type slides where it's just a bown you go around in circles in untill you spill out the bottom into a deep pool...

Dan

ToTBellHop

originally, they said it would open the fall of this year, but that seems extremely unlikely at this point...so no telling when it will open...

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Luau Cove

Wow.Really amazing design and tech. used in there. I'll be glad if you are able to post that video.
Thanks
-

-->Luau

that slide looks increible, if Disney can just give it a theme to go along with TL then it would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom