Typhoon Lagoon - Future Plans?

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think there is anything else that can be done with TL considering Crush N Gusher being the last new attraction since 2005. And I really can't see of any other type of expansion...They are more focused on the Theme parks compared to the water parks.

ImagineerDude

Soo then the Mine Train, Pandora are all an illuison?? :hilarious:
Plus the new MK parade and AK entertainment, but for DHS (Jack Sparrow :facepalm:) and EPCOT (temp. Anna and Elsa M&G)?? I feel like there are more new resorts popping up than new attractions. But for all I care the Disney quality and magic and happiness is there (for me at least).

StarWarsGirl

I wish the water parks would get some of the newer water slide designs. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be likely at this point. I like Typhoon Lagoon, but I consider it a half-day park. I like going over and hanging out in the wave pool. Body boarding the waves in is great! But overall, Blizzard Beach I think is the better water park. More slides, more of a full day park. I like the theming and attention to detail better at Blizzard Beach as well.

sweetpee_1993

Typhoon Lagoon could definitely benefit from some river upgrades. The best ones I've experienced are Schlitterbahn Galveston Island & Atlantis in Nassau. Rivers that just flow around without any pluses are kinda boring after you've experienced the fun with sections of rapids & waves. :D

cheezbat

Typhoon and Blizzard are both very long overdue new attractions. 9 years since TL's last addition...and BB has Never gotten anything new!

I think it's pathetic if you ask me. The two highest attended and some of the most expensive water parks and they can't drop a few million every three or four years for something new?

AndyS2992

I wish the water parks would get some of the newer water slide designs. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be likely at this point. I like Typhoon Lagoon, but I consider it a half-day park. I like going over and hanging out in the wave pool. Body boarding the waves in is great! But overall, Blizzard Beach I think is the better water park. More slides, more of a full day park. I like the theming and attention to detail better at Blizzard Beach as well.
Does anyone actually spend an entire day at a Water park? We usually go for four hours and that is more than enough time to do everything more than once. Can't imagine staying from opening to closing.

luv

Does anyone actually spend an entire day at a Water park? We usually go for four hours and that is more than enough time to do everything more than once. Can't imagine staying from opening to closing.
VERY few people are there open to close. Many plan to do that, but they can't take it. It's a lot of sun and swimming tires you out more than anything else, so most bail by three o'clock (and many sooner than that.)

The parks can still be busy, since new people arrive all day.

But almost nobody is there all day.

Mouse_Trap

Probably not quite opening to close - but 95% of the day on just about every visit.
Use the water parks to break up consecutive park days, unless you have an unlimited ticket then I wouldn't want to waste a park entry for just a couple of hours in the evening etc.

I would like to see far more at the water parks but can easily fill the day between some time going around the lazy river, a couple of hours in the wave pool etc.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
At best, and younger, with younger children we put in about 5 hours at either park.

I rather like Typhoon the way it is. I don't crave new slides but if they took out one and put another one in its place I'd likely be fine with those type of updates. What I like most about Typhoon is it has individuality. While Blizzard has wonderful theming it is similar to the offerings of other waterparks and is rather a loud park for an open air venue. Typhoon absorbs a chunk of the noise and has a more relaxed feel that I don't get at any other waterpark.

lunchbox1175

I agree, and usually if we go there, we do the same, its usually the day we sleep in a bit, get there around 11, and stay until about 3, then go back to the room, clean up, and head to the MK.

C.FERNIE

Original Poster
we usually combine with downtown or hoop de doo be nice if there was a couple more relaxing things to do! anyone got the original plans to typhoon lagoon?

DanStat

Wow! I didn't recognize it had been that long since an addition to Typhoon Lagoon. That being said, I've only ever been to Blizzard Beach and River Country (RIP), so maybe that's the demographic they're aiming for? First time visitors who are unlikely to return?

StarWarsGirl

I can spend the entire day at Blizzard Beach. Have done it several times. Before we had premium annuals, we wanted our money's worth.

flynnibus

Premium Member

You should do things because they are fun not to do each thing ;)

On the topic... Upgrades to the lazy river would be nice...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom