two options, only enough money for one

tractorm3

So my grandparents want to bring our family down to the word for another trip this thanksgiving! we usually leave on turkey day and stay for 5-7 days, I can only stay the weekend since im in college and cant loose those days. The good is we usually get to stay at the poly or boardwalk. my granparents usually pay for the room and flights and my parents pay for alot but not all of the trip. the bad is it is a busy time, i can only stay for a few days, and its very expensive for a short trip compared to off seasons times.

OPTION B

My girlfriend and I are planning a lil romantic trip just the two of us. (we went last year with 6 friends but want to go solo this next one) we are going to be driving down with my camper that is hopefully done a refurb by then. we go during winter break (mid to late jan) and stay for 8 days, then a few to drive there and back. (comming from boston). so its cheaper all over to go at that time and i can stay longer with a fabulous gal. but ive never stayed at the WDW campsite so I am drawn between the two.

i know what you are thinking that i should always pik family over the women, but this would be the 5th time my grandma brings our family and no one would think twice about leaving me out as long as its what i want.

so what would you do?

Philo

Honestly, I would go for option B - it's what you want to do too otherwise you wouldn't be asking.

Your family will understand, it's not like your shunning them.

Upvote 0
Hi....I would do what you want to do. It's your life to live and you can only live it one time. Do what you want, I am sure after all the times you have visited with family they would understand, if not, that's ok. It's your life like I said do what makes you happy :wave::animwink:& Enjoy yourselves.
~Tinkerchelli~

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Seems like for January the cost burden is on you, and in November it is on your grandparents/parents? Is much on you in November?

My point/question is - if parents/grandparents are paying for you in November, and you are paying for January, why not do both?

Upvote 0

smk

So my grandparents want to bring our family down to the word for another trip this thanksgiving! we usually leave on turkey day and stay for 5-7 days, I can only stay the weekend since im in college and cant loose those days. The good is we usually get to stay at the poly or boardwalk. my granparents usually pay for the room and flights and my parents pay for alot but not all of the trip. the bad is it is a busy time, i can only stay for a few days, and its very expensive for a short trip compared to off seasons times.

OPTION B

My girlfriend and I are planning a lil romantic trip just the two of us. (we went last year with 6 friends but want to go solo this next one) we are going to be driving down with my camper that is hopefully done a refurb by then. we go during winter break (mid to late jan) and stay for 8 days, then a few to drive there and back. (comming from boston). so its cheaper all over to go at that time and i can stay longer with a fabulous gal. but ive never stayed at the WDW campsite so I am drawn between the two.

i know what you are thinking that i should always pik family over the women, but this would be the 5th time my grandma brings our family and no one would think twice about leaving me out as long as its what i want.

so what would you do?

If you are not paying for that much on the first trip, parents paying "alot" and you can go both times then do that.

However, driving in January could get dicey, winter weather and delays on the road, pulling a camper. That is the trip that could bust a budget if you get stranded by snow somewhere going or coming back. Upon further review, I vote for the trip paid by the parents and grandparents!

Upvote 0

fosse76

Seems like for January the cost burden is on you, and in November it is on your grandparents/parents? Is much on you in November?

My point/question is - if parents/grandparents are paying for you in November, and you are paying for January, why not do both?

That's my question as well.

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

You show much wisdom grasshopper :lol:

Upvote 0

Clare Voince

If it's about maximizing the magic, then the longer the trip is the better trip. If it's about who you're going with.. well, that's something you have to decide.

Upvote 0

tractorm3

Original Poster
HAHA my parents have met her so many time over the past 5 years (yes we have been dating for 5 full lovley years). My grandparents and my parents will not be paying the full cost for the november trip. i will probably have the room and flight paid, then ill have to worry about park passes, spending money and the meal plan costs.

winter weather?!?! haha where as i know how dicy it can get in new england, there hasnt been a storm that has stopped me. it will slow us down incredibly but i will make it through.

Upvote 0

Mickey-Mommy

I say go in Jan with your girl. It will be such a different trip with just the two of you....quite the adventure driving down and staying for 8 days in a camper! I loved my first trip with my then bf. It could be such a romantic trip for you two!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

OPTION B

so what would you do?

I would do option B. If you had more time I would say go with A, but option B wins out this time. Good Luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

It seems like you would rather do B - so I say do B! My husband & I are taking a trip alone, and sometimes it's just nice to know you will have time to yourselves. Family hopefully understands the need to do that. :)

Upvote 0

tractorm3

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I am pretty sure that I will take the trip in jan with the gal. there is only one thing that would change my mind but i wont know until much later on in the year.

hopefully i can give her some practice wheel time over the summer driving with a 30ft camper and big truck so we can take turns driving going down thus spending less time on the road and more time in the magical world of Disney!

I just hope for two things, the biggest one is we dont his the splash mtn annual refurb in jan and second is with nay luck space mtn will be open!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom