Two NEW Disney books come out on amazon today!

onetimeDisney

books for teens

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this looked like a good place to ask. Can you recommend a good book for tweens and teens to read on our way to Disney. I have princess books for my daughter, but need something for 11 and 13 year old boys...really adult readers. My oldest was enjoying The Encyclopedia of Summer Olympics and/or adult sport books this past week. They have read things like Lord of the Rings. So can you suggest some books on Walt Disney or the parks that you think they would find interesting on our 18 hour drive!!! ( We don't have DVD in the car nor do they have electronic games, so books help.)

Christine

sublimesting

Ok so I just looked up the new Kingdom Keeper's book on Amazon and I am shocked and outraged at the cover. Im sure im over recting but I can't believe that this is the cover for a young adult's novel that in theory will be displayed all over Disney property.

Here is a link to the cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im...e=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1219775416&sr=8-1

HA HA hA hA HAHAHAHAAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! I am laughing so hard right now tears are pouring down my face. I had no clue what Kingdom Keepers was, and I saw your little concern and clicked the link.....!!!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::cry::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Phonedave

^ I will anxiously await your review. Hopefully, after the long delay in getting this book out, it will be well worth it!

As far as Kingdom Keepers, this second book looks like something my son would love. What is the story line for the first book? Is it good? My 9 year-old son reads just about everything he can get his hands on and has just finished the Harry Potter series. He's also read the Gregor the Overlander series as well as many others (Star Wars, Dragon Slayer's Academy, etc.) . Are the Kingdom Keepers books appropriate for a kid who has read these kind of books? He loves Disney and I might consider buying the first book for him to read on our trip to the World in October.

What do you all think? :confused:

You son may enjoy KK. It is most assuredly appropriate for a nine year old. My nine year old daughter started reading it too (She too is into dragons, wizards, Harry Potter, etc) She couldn't get into KK

Then I read it. It really is, in my opinon, a very poorly written book. plot holes, threads that are introduced and never fisinshed, A du ex machina at the end, and just some very plodding writing at points. Its a fun little story, but nothing more than that.

It DOES "give away" some of the magic of WDW. Behind the scenes stuff, but nothing worse than that.

*** SPOLIER *****

In a nutshell, the kids are "Virtual hosts" at WDW. They had their pictures taken and filmed and during the day, holographic projections act as hosts to guests.

Now "evil forces" are at work in the parks, and are trying to take over (basicly the Disney villians)

Somehow, now when the kids go to sleep, they appear in the park as semi-holograms. They can interact with the "evil forces"

They must work together to stop the evil forces by finding a (certain object - not going to spoil it). They find it at the end of the book.

I presume the second book picks up here.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom