Trip Report Two broke guys & a dog (for the last time.) (completed)

No, I’m not mad at Disney. We’ll be back (in fact, it can’t be soon enough.) But this turned out to be our last trip together as a family.

Who: Brian (R) Tony (L) and Kylie.
IMG_2010.jpeg

When: May, 2023.

Can’t tease this, so I’ll just come out with it.

We’ve posted TRs over the years under the “Two broke guys & a dog” banner (and other titles.) Our May trip was short, and we had already booked August for my birthday (complete with a planned meet up with @Tuvalu) so I thought I’d make one double TR after August.

I ended up with Covid mid-month and we had to postpone to December for Brian’s birthday.

In the meantime, Kylie, our 14 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow was diagnosed with heart failure. That “heads up” turned out to be a gift and a blessing that allowed us to spend so much extra quality time with her.

Kylie’s 14th bday on Halloween:
IMG_1696.jpeg
She stayed with us through the holidays, rubbing on the Christmas tree when she walked past it, per usual (like a cat lol) and was really doing well - eating, going for walks, snuggling. I expected more of a slow, gradual decline…but she passed yesterday. Now my heart is failing.

I don’t know how far I’ll get with this today. It might actually be too soon. But I thought it could be therapeutic, and a nice tribute.

For some reason, since my 30s, if I cry even a little, my eyelids swell up and it’s hard to undo. Ice helps only temporarily. I fear typing all this out will continue the waterworks (it already has) and prolong that condition. OTOH, they’re already swollen, so WTH? I’ll play it by ear, if that’s ok.

This is my love letter to my pup.
IMG_2361.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
That was me falling out of bed at about 8am. Did you feel the ground shake? 🫨

Luckily I landed on my relatively ample bee-hind. I don’t think I added injury to my back. Probably won’t know until tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, I called Brightline on my morning walk today. If you booked two people together, you cannot change the itinerary for only one. So I could not change my ride home to Friday if I wanted to stay another day, they could cancel mine, and I could rebook a one-way ride home, but that would have cost about $80 more.

In the meantime, there used to be a pic of this, but when I went to take a shower, there were 2 small roaches running around the tub. (They drowned. R.I.P.)

I just went down to the front desk and very politely asked them if they could spray while we went to the parks, and showed them the pic - and was my room available another night?

They were very nice, and they gave me vouchers for both of us for 2 QS lunches with drinks anywhere, and 2 snacks. Cool! On the condition that I delete the pic. Hmm…

Alas, Music is all booked up with cheerleaders. Only Movies was showing availability, but it was $174. That’s pretty high for a Value. The CM is in back now calling to see if she can book me at a lower rate. I’m kind of doubting that will happen. All good, I can probably book something nearby in my range.

If that all works out, Brian takes the train home Thursday morning (with a paid empty seat next to him - bonus) and my big bag, so I won’t have to pay for it on Spirit. I can book a free flight home on points for Friday night, book anyplace to stay Thursday night, and extend my fun. Hey, @Tuvalu ! 😉😉

Any votes on this live TR?

Should I stay or should I go now?
First of all….WTH how did you manage to fall out of bed?! 🤣 seriously, hope you aren’t injured.
Ooo roaches!!
Hope you can stay another night!! 😆
Please don’t stop the live trippin’!! My DH is enjoying me telling him what you’ve been doing each day. 😛😊

Lilofan

You are much too kind. (And maybe losing your eyesight?)

I like this better from a few months ago.

View attachment 784060

Maybe it’s the glare.

Or…

View attachment 784061

Thank you!!

Not yet. And it’s going to be different. They don’t want the full 50’s PTC menu available, just like onion rings and something else. They want it more separate from the cafe, and a food menu like Baseline Tap House. (Like 2 things.)

Not a great idea, IMO. Keep it simple. Just order from the 50’s menu, I say!
Spending time at the gym and looking good!💪

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
WTH how did you manage to fall out of bed
I know I was in the middle of an intense dream (about what, I have no idea.) Two men sharing a smaller than usual bed. “Don’t push me - cause I’m close to the edge…”

I realized I was falling but didn’t wake up until I hit…bottom.

Neck is a little sore. Back is a little worse than usual. I’m already on Celebrex and Gabapentin, can’t do much more than that. Almost brought my heating pad, wish I did!
Spending time at the gym and looking good!💪
Like a madman, going on 3 years now, before I look like The Crypt Keeper. Thank you for noticing! Jim Stoppani’s Summer Shred Challenge starts 5/19!!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Where was I?

After the train ride (we went around the whole loop more than once and then got off at frontier land.) We decided to use our free quick service meal vouchers at Columbia Harbour House! A free lobster roll? I’ll take it!

IMG_4429.jpeg
IMG_4431.jpeg
IMG_4433.jpeg
IMG_4434.jpeg

Well, we saved 40 bucks on a nice lunch. Thanks, roaches!

We had a separate voucher for 2 snacks. I was told we had to use it at the same place and time as the free lunch - but that would have meant 2 more sides at CHH. The cashier said we could save that and use it anywhere. I wonder if it will work at the Food kiosks at Epcot?

donaldtoo

Where was I?

After the train ride (we went around the whole loop more than once and then got off at frontier land.) We decided to use our free quick service meal vouchers at Columbia Harbour House! A free lobster roll? I’ll take it!

View attachment 784138View attachment 784139View attachment 784140View attachment 784141

Well, we saved 40 bucks on a nice lunch. Thanks, roaches!

We had a separate voucher for 2 snacks. I was told we had to use it at the same place and time as the free lunch - but that would have meant 2 more sides at CHH. The cashier said we could save that and use it anywhere. I wonder if it will work at the Food kiosks at Epcot?

“Thanks, roaches!”…?!?!?! 🤔
I, obviously, hafta’ go back and do some “ketchup”…!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Train arrived on time. Got into a Lyft in 15 minutes. Arrived in 25 minutes. We’re in Calypso! It’s a beautiful day! Figuring out our next move.

Booked Topolino’s for 9:30 tonight! And I did not bring one collared shirt. Oops.

View attachment 783892View attachment 783893
P.S. my magic band is charging in the kitchen - so they gave me an old school key card/park ticket. 😆

We stayed in a family suite in Calypso back in 2007, and really enjoyed it…!!! :)

donaldtoo

View attachment 783903

Silly.

We walked out to a deserted bus area. Thought we might be waiting awhile. Two buses came, and both were for Typhoon Lagoon/DS. The third one was for Hollywood Studios! Total wait time: under 3 minutes. 💕

Will we do anything at HS other than drink?

Stay Tuned-In to find out. (I have no idea!) 🤣

“Stay ‘Tuned-In’ to find out.” …!!!!! :hilarious:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
To my great surprise, CM Heather came back from her long phone call which I thought would do no good and said to me, “I did what I wanted.” Huh?

She booked me the room at All Star Movies for $116. 😀😀😀😀😀 🎥 🍿

$40 lunch, snacks to come, $60 room discount - I dig this chick!

By the time I got back to my room, pest control was already there, to be followed up by mousekeeping. Brian and I grabbed what we needed and as we walked out of our room, there was Heather again, giving me a new key (they had to basically rebook the same room for tonight which could void the old key.) She was awesome. I told her she didn’t have to buy me lunch, but I appreciate it.

(That catches you up to our bus to MK. We’re now on the bus back from MK.)

Rewinding a smidge:

After CHH, we passed Sir Mickey’s, which I didn’t remember. We stopped in.

IMG_4435.jpeg
IMG_4436.jpeg

This Wish stuff will be worth money someday.

On Main Street. I didn’t have to move anything. You know what this means.

IMG_4438.jpeg

Brian wanted a drink. Brian never asks for anything. I think we could both use a little “hair of the dog“ because of last night.

So, get this, while we were at CHH, we booked Tony’s for an hour later. We took our time getting to Tony’s, got drinks, and split a short rib entree! 🤣 (Hey, lunch was free.)

IMG_4439.jpeg
IMG_4443.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4445.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 10

donaldtoo

That first photo should've come with a 💥 warning. Lookin' good, man!!

Hell yeah!

Hard to choose a favorite among many of those eggs, but is it just me or there's something freaky about the chocolate bunny in the last photo? :bored:

Pretty sure I voted for that last photo in a photo contest.

Regarding the chocolate bunny…
Looks a bit “off” ;) to me, as well…maybe it’s just the reflection/glare on the glass…?

donaldtoo

That was me falling out of bed at about 8am. Did you feel the ground shake? 🫨

Luckily I landed on my relatively ample bee-hind. I don’t think I added injury to my back. Probably won’t know until tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, I called Brightline on my morning walk today. If you booked two people together, you cannot change the itinerary for only one. So I could not change my ride home to Friday if I wanted to stay another day, they could cancel mine, and I could rebook a one-way ride home, but that would have cost about $80 more.

In the meantime, there used to be a pic of this, but when I went to take a shower, there were 2 small roaches running around the tub. (They drowned. R.I.P.)

I just went down to the front desk and very politely asked them if they could spray while we went to the parks, and showed them the pic - and was my room available another night?

They were very nice, and they gave me vouchers for both of us for 2 QS lunches with drinks anywhere, and 2 snacks. Cool! On the condition that I delete the pic. Hmm…

Alas, Music is all booked up with cheerleaders. Only Movies was showing availability, but it was $174. That’s pretty high for a Value. The CM is in back now calling to see if she can book me at a lower rate. I’m kind of doubting that will happen. All good, I can probably book something nearby in my range.

If that all works out, Brian takes the train home Thursday morning (with a paid empty seat next to him - bonus) and my big bag, so I won’t have to pay for it on Spirit. I can book a free flight home on points for Friday night, book anyplace to stay Thursday night, and extend my fun. Hey, @Tuvalu ! 😉😉

Any votes on this live TR?

Should I stay or should I go now?

F95D7B1E-D2D4-4C33-859D-B72C99E06792.gif

93boomer

Premium Member
To my great surprise, CM Heather came back from her long phone call which I thought would do no good and said to me, “I did what I wanted.” Huh?

She booked me the room at All Star Movies for $116. 😀😀😀😀😀 🎥 🍿

$40 lunch, snacks to come, $60 room discount - I dig this chick!

By the time I got back to my room, pest control was already there, to be followed up by mousekeeping. Brian and I grabbed what we needed and as we walked out of our room, there was Heather again, giving me a new key (they had to basically rebook the same room for tonight which could void the old key.) She was awesome. I told her she didn’t have to buy me lunch, but I appreciate it.

(That catches you up to our bus to MK. We’re now on the bus back from MK.)

Rewinding a smidge:

After CHH, we passed Sir Mickey’s, which I didn’t remember. We stopped in.

View attachment 784157View attachment 784158

This Wish stuff will be worth money someday.

On Main Street. I didn’t have to move anything. You know what this means.

View attachment 784159

Brian wanted a drink. Brian never asks for anything. I think we could both use a little “hair of the dog“ because of last night.

So, get this, while we were at CHH, we booked Tony’s for an hour later. We took our time getting to Tony’s, got drinks, and split a short rib entree! 🤣 (Hey, lunch was free.)

View attachment 784146View attachment 784147View attachment 784148View attachment 784149View attachment 784150
Pixie dusted!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom