Trip Report Two broke guys & a dog (for the last time.) (completed)

No, I’m not mad at Disney. We’ll be back (in fact, it can’t be soon enough.) But this turned out to be our last trip together as a family.

Who: Brian (R) Tony (L) and Kylie.
IMG_2010.jpeg

When: May, 2023.

Can’t tease this, so I’ll just come out with it.

We’ve posted TRs over the years under the “Two broke guys & a dog” banner (and other titles.) Our May trip was short, and we had already booked August for my birthday (complete with a planned meet up with @Tuvalu) so I thought I’d make one double TR after August.

I ended up with Covid mid-month and we had to postpone to December for Brian’s birthday.

In the meantime, Kylie, our 14 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow was diagnosed with heart failure. That “heads up” turned out to be a gift and a blessing that allowed us to spend so much extra quality time with her.

Kylie’s 14th bday on Halloween:
IMG_1696.jpeg
She stayed with us through the holidays, rubbing on the Christmas tree when she walked past it, per usual (like a cat lol) and was really doing well - eating, going for walks, snuggling. I expected more of a slow, gradual decline…but she passed yesterday. Now my heart is failing.

I don’t know how far I’ll get with this today. It might actually be too soon. But I thought it could be therapeutic, and a nice tribute.

For some reason, since my 30s, if I cry even a little, my eyelids swell up and it’s hard to undo. Ice helps only temporarily. I fear typing all this out will continue the waterworks (it already has) and prolong that condition. OTOH, they’re already swollen, so WTH? I’ll play it by ear, if that’s ok.

This is my love letter to my pup.
IMG_2361.jpeg

donaldtoo

P.S. I scared the 💩 out of Mr. Bunny this morning. He took off like a jackrabbit, so no pics.

Instead, here are some pics of Irontail, voiced by Vincent Price, from a Rankin Bass Easter special that was not at all terrifying to Gen X kids. And that’s why we’re tougher than Millennials. 😉

View attachment 784345View attachment 784343

Neither of which are tougher than us Boomers…who, of course, aren’t nearly as tough as The Greatest Generation before us…!!!!! 😜:D:hilarious:;)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Brian made the train easily. I did a smidge of work in the new room. Just got Shirley status on the quickly-arriving bus to AK!
IMG_4516.jpeg

Clearly I didn’t have time to iron my neck before taking that pic. (I’m still self-conscious taking selfies in public…yeah, I know, the bus was empty. 😆)

I’m hoping to try out the new D3 beer at Yak & Yeti if there is any left!

IMG_4517.jpeg

Yes, it’s named after the trash bin near Rose and Crown!

Something tells me that little bar is going to be very packed.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Catching up: I walked into Y&Y, and there was a pretty huge bottleneck at the entrance. I stood behind for a sec, then realized these folks were most likely waiting for tables. I made my way towards the bar ( and no one stops me lol.)

It looked full 😕

IMG_4520.jpeg

But after taking a few more steps in, I realized there was one open chair next to the wall! 😀😀

What happened next: that chair couldn’t be pulled back very much because it would hit some decoration on the wall - so I had to get veeeery intimate with the couple next to me as I tried to squeeeeeze in to get to the chair! 🤣🤣 It was very awkward! But good thing I took those digestive enzymes last night!!😆

They were very nice folks from the UK, and they both had been DJ’s. We had a nice chat!

And yes, I got my Binny’s Brew!!!

IMG_4521.jpeg

It tastes somewhere between a Blue Moon and a Shock Top. All good! Right up my alley.

Then I said the secret words, “Take Me To The Summit” and from the secret menu, ordered this:

IMG_4522.jpeg
IMG_4523.jpeg

Banana!!

And then, believe it or not, a salad!

IMG_4524.jpeg

Remember, I have to squeeze back out of this chair!! 🤣🤣🤣

Had a great time. 💕💕

donaldtoo

Brian made the train easily. I did a smidge of work in the new room. Just got Shirley status on the quickly-arriving bus to AK!
View attachment 784395

Clearly I didn’t have time to iron my neck before taking that pic. (I’m still self-conscious taking selfies in public…yeah, I know, the bus was empty. 😆)

I’m hoping to try out the new D3 beer at Yak & Yeti if there is any left!

View attachment 784396

Yes, it’s named after the trash bin near Rose and Crown!

Something tells me that little bar is going to be very packed.

I’ve lost a bit of weight lately, but I’m older, so I don’t think any kind of ironing, steaming, creaming (with all due respect to the lovely Jane Seymour :inlove::D), etc., is gonna’ get all the wrinkles out…!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom