Trip Report Two broke guys & a dog (for the last time.) (completed)

No, I’m not mad at Disney. We’ll be back (in fact, it can’t be soon enough.) But this turned out to be our last trip together as a family.

Who: Brian (R) Tony (L) and Kylie.
IMG_2010.jpeg

When: May, 2023.

Can’t tease this, so I’ll just come out with it.

We’ve posted TRs over the years under the “Two broke guys & a dog” banner (and other titles.) Our May trip was short, and we had already booked August for my birthday (complete with a planned meet up with @Tuvalu) so I thought I’d make one double TR after August.

I ended up with Covid mid-month and we had to postpone to December for Brian’s birthday.

In the meantime, Kylie, our 14 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow was diagnosed with heart failure. That “heads up” turned out to be a gift and a blessing that allowed us to spend so much extra quality time with her.

Kylie’s 14th bday on Halloween:
IMG_1696.jpeg
She stayed with us through the holidays, rubbing on the Christmas tree when she walked past it, per usual (like a cat lol) and was really doing well - eating, going for walks, snuggling. I expected more of a slow, gradual decline…but she passed yesterday. Now my heart is failing.

I don’t know how far I’ll get with this today. It might actually be too soon. But I thought it could be therapeutic, and a nice tribute.

For some reason, since my 30s, if I cry even a little, my eyelids swell up and it’s hard to undo. Ice helps only temporarily. I fear typing all this out will continue the waterworks (it already has) and prolong that condition. OTOH, they’re already swollen, so WTH? I’ll play it by ear, if that’s ok.

This is my love letter to my pup.
IMG_2361.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Still had to go back to MK to get my bag!

I’ll buy a $40 tequila but I will not pay $12 each for 2 lockers! 😂

Kept thinking I had more time than I really did. Still, I rode the People Mover for one last tour.

IMG_4668.jpeg

And headed to the front to get my bag.

IMG_4670.jpeg

You can’t get a regular Lyft at MK, only a Minnie Van - and I’ll pay for a $40 tequila, but…

So I had to monorail back to the TTC.

Got a ride for about $35, not bad at all. Should be there in plenty of time.

My phone was at 8% but my fab Lyft driver plugged it in for me. (Up to 17% now - this site takes a lot of juice!)

I should be home by midnight. 🤞🏻

This live trippin is ovah. Had a great time. Thank you all for coming along!!

Brian is at work! 🫢😆😉

Final thought: my server at Tony’s today was Sam. Sam did everything!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

What to drink at the airport…

93boomer

Premium Member
Still had to go back to MK to get my bag!

I’ll buy a $40 tequila but I will not pay $12 each for 2 lockers! 😂

Kept thinking I had more time than I really did. Still, I rode the People Mover for one last tour.

View attachment 784826

And headed to the front to get my bag.

View attachment 784827

You can’t get a regular Lyft at MK, only a Minnie Van - and I’ll pay for a $40 tequila, but…

So I had to monorail back to the TTC.

Got a ride for about $35, not bad at all. Should be there in plenty of time.

My phone was at 8% but my fab Lyft driver plugged it in for me. (Up to 17% now - this site takes a lot of juice!)

I should be home by midnight. 🤞🏻

This live trippin is ovah. Had a great time. Thank you all for coming along!!

Brian is at work! 🫢😆😉

Final thought: my server at Tony’s today was Sam. Sam did everything!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

What to drink at the airport…
Carry a charger next trip. I carry one in my bag to boost up my phone.

Thank you from the bottom of my little heart for live trippin’!! You made me laugh so much. I enjoyed your trip soo much! 💕

Good luck with your flight!!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
No one ever sat next to me, and I’m sure I slept a smidge. We landed at 1am, over 2 hours late.

As it happens, Brian was just getting out of work about 15 minutes away, so he came to pick me up.

Today was unpack, do laundry, repack (still working on that last part) and tomorrow, I fly to Nashville for a biz conference until Thursday night. Whew!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom