Trip Report Two broke guys & a dog (for the last time.) (completed)

No, I’m not mad at Disney. We’ll be back (in fact, it can’t be soon enough.) But this turned out to be our last trip together as a family.

Who: Brian (R) Tony (L) and Kylie.
IMG_2010.jpeg

When: May, 2023.

Can’t tease this, so I’ll just come out with it.

We’ve posted TRs over the years under the “Two broke guys & a dog” banner (and other titles.) Our May trip was short, and we had already booked August for my birthday (complete with a planned meet up with @Tuvalu) so I thought I’d make one double TR after August.

I ended up with Covid mid-month and we had to postpone to December for Brian’s birthday.

In the meantime, Kylie, our 14 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow was diagnosed with heart failure. That “heads up” turned out to be a gift and a blessing that allowed us to spend so much extra quality time with her.

Kylie’s 14th bday on Halloween:
IMG_1696.jpeg
She stayed with us through the holidays, rubbing on the Christmas tree when she walked past it, per usual (like a cat lol) and was really doing well - eating, going for walks, snuggling. I expected more of a slow, gradual decline…but she passed yesterday. Now my heart is failing.

I don’t know how far I’ll get with this today. It might actually be too soon. But I thought it could be therapeutic, and a nice tribute.

For some reason, since my 30s, if I cry even a little, my eyelids swell up and it’s hard to undo. Ice helps only temporarily. I fear typing all this out will continue the waterworks (it already has) and prolong that condition. OTOH, they’re already swollen, so WTH? I’ll play it by ear, if that’s ok.

This is my love letter to my pup.
IMG_2361.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
To fill in the blanks, Tuvalu, Woody, and I enjoyed a leisurely dinner at the Skipper Canteen (and we all enjoyed our meals!)

IMG_4555.jpeg

I was able to introduce Woody to the slightly elusive Chakalaka wine that I couldn’t get at Jiko last night. (Woo hoo! Soooo tasty. Two birds, one stone!)

We enjoyed the evening, and Tu suggested (insisted?) we ride BTMRR at night. Cool! Bonus: the fireworks had just started. Let me tell you, riding it during the fireworks is something you should all make a goal if you haven’t done so! What a combo. Loved it.

After the ride, we were still able to see the rest of the show.

IMG_4561.jpeg
IMG_4562.jpeg
IMG_4564.jpeg
IMG_4565.jpeg
IMG_4566.jpeg

I’ll leave the elaboration to her TR, but it was a much appreciated and super fun evening!

Then I had to make my way to the buses.

IMG_4568.jpeg

The first bus filled up quickly, but the second came right away.

May hit the pool bar if we get back soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom